Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Baked weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mxrcr, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I saw this dude on another board who said that he bakes his weed in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes "until the bud crumbles like powder when you pinch it" and he claims this makes it more potent.

What do you think?

2. haha no.

Sounds like he is just really, really drying out his bud. He may possibly be making it less potent actually.

3. is this a joke?

4. in Soviet Russia (and everywhere else), weed bakes you. :cool:

jk, jk. ovening the weed (@ around 150 deg) decarboxylates the THC in the bud, activating it. this step is usually only used when making edibles, though. for smoking, i wouldn't see much of a point. :smoke:

5. lol no, I seriously saw that on another forum, although, like that other guy said, it was a thread about edibles...