Bagseeds refusing to germinate?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RonPaullegion92, Jul 20, 2012.

1. I dont understand I gave them everything they need, darkness, moisture, and warmth yet at day 4 none of the 10 seeds I have in my tubberware container have showed taproots. I used distilled water and squeezed the water out really good yet they are determined to not pop open. The seeds were dark grey/brown with spots on them when I first put them in, now they are swolen and black looking. I popped one open with my fingernail to investigate and there was a little white seedling embryo with a tiny taproot curled around it. I had too much water in the paper towels the first two days could I have stunted/shocked them or do u think they will open at any moment, i'm checking every 8-12 hours. I also have them on my Verizon dish box which provides a good amount of heat, the container is wrapped in a black t-shirt to keep light out.

2. For what its worth I used a nail filer to scratch the seeds up so they can absorb water and put them in shot glasses the first 24hrs.

3. 109 views...no replies...wtf Grasscity?

4. scarification is typically done with a piece of cloth.

it is likely the seeds are still getmination, it can take a few weeks. Kist stick it in your soil (seedling mix) and cover it loosely, a warm-ish humid-ish dark spot will work fine then leave it the fuck alone. ;) :smoke:

I may add if you keep a redworm bin and skim some nice dark vermicompost off the top, you may find germinating in this material a very rewarding time.

5. Checked this morning....nothing if they don't pop in the next 12-24hrs I'm putting half in soil and leaving the rest. Should I try putting them in a shot glass again?

6. I put them in a cup with peroxide and 1 popped already!