Bagseeds Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SupersonicDonut, May 11, 2010.

1. #81 SupersonicDonut, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    So this is four days later.. Lol lookn better i think :hello:

Attached Files:

2. #82 SupersonicDonut, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Topped the 5th set before i went to sleep and i think i see the split stem? im not sure... but hopefuly..ya know? I am also seeing like these little spikes all the way around the base of the second and third leaf sets.. new growth? Im confused lol ill try to get high def pics today my girl is comn over lol peace for now

~EDIT
    Better pics Its night time in there too, i just pulled her out for a minuet. And i figured out a name.. Gladas.. because I am going to be Glad As Fuck when shes done :D

Attached Files:

3. I find they take a few days to recover from the shock of having their heads chopped off, but eventually you should see 2 growths coming from that node right below where you cut.

Also the branches further down should start to get thicker and taller now as energy is diverted to them

4. k. Lol i see two little head looking things popping up maybe? Idk do you see the little spikes in the second pic.. wtf are those? lol i put lights to 18/6 to hopefully help things along lol. We will see how it goes in a few more days ill update again

5. Terrible pics but these what im smoking right now

Attached Files:

6. if u just switched to 16/8 what were your lights before?

7. 18/6... 12/12.. lol idk why but it just was is that a bad idea? or is it ok

8. 18/6 or 24/0 is fine if you are continuing to veg. 12/12 when you want to induce flower

when you go to 12/12 you should not be changing the light schedule at all from that point.

9. yea man i got that, its just at first i was thinking i wanted to keep this small but since i ordered a 100 w hps/mh ballast and bulbs i think ill let it go.. And i put walls in there and intake / exhaust fans. ill do the DIY carbon filter when the smells start. That bud in that pic, like fuckin 5gs lol, i broke it in half there was a cave of crystals.. lets just say im :hippie:

10. you should be fine about the smell, at WORST you will smell the same as the leaves on a strawberry plant or those wild blackberry bushes. i'm basically doing the same as you except i had about 35 germinated seeds and im down to 6 bushy plants after leafhoppers raped a bunch of them. then i raped back with some diatomaceous earth.

then i battled dehydrated plants. but now everythings good!

about 3 weeks ago, roughly 21 days old
    [​IMG]

today
    [​IMG]
    and roots
    [​IMG]

i use the BC recipe for success kit nutes (about $30 on amazon, completely everything you need.)

11. lookn good bro.. just thought id update with sad news :( i failed at topping to get the split head lol, i didnt take enough off it looks like.. im just telling myself i took the tips of the leaves off so they wont burn or anything later lol

12. just let it grow! i'm holding off on topping until they can come out of that under-counter space

13. Pic one the leaf on the second set is worrying me all curled and it has a white spot on it.
    Pic two side view.
    Pic three Failed topping... lol
    Pic four new growths.

Just an update on this girl lol..

Attached Files:

14. im not sure what to make of it since i do hydro, but i would start introducing HID at a large distance of 2 feet away, it looks somewhat stretched but that's probably a bit early of a speculation. you should mist the white spot leaf and it wouldn't hurt to mist them all on top and bottom, as long as you have the fan going I dont think you'll have any issue. but i would definitely drop the large box fan and pick up a walmart 6inch fan that oscillates, it would be much more effective while the huge fan would be great for bringing in or taking out air from the/to the space :smoke:

15. ok then.. idk delivery date on the HID apperently there was a problem with this one, i bought it off ebay way to go me lol, so its not even shipped yet. Im thinking about getting a refund and going somewhere else.. lol i was thinking about the fan not being good enough but it doesn bring air into the space, its sealed up on sides and top. so it cools ill get a smaller one later on.

16. there's a GREAT 400w digital ballast with both metal halide and HPS bulbs (both work with it) on amazon for $170. i'm using it now, just switched to HPS for flowering.

Amazon.com: 400 Watt 400w Digital Switchable Ballast Grow Light Set Includes HPS, MH Bulbs, Reflector, Power Cord and…

or you can do the 600w from the same people for like 225, but you get it all so it makes it really easy. HID will be too much for them but if you do it for say an hour a day while still running the compact flouro's you will be able to utilize the metal halide much sooner, training them to accept the more natural sun-like light.

the thing with the box fan is that there is no tunnel, its too open. so while it does blow, it's not channeled, so it doesnt blow in any particular direction. so basically once the air is forced out of the box itself, it just goes where ever. the blue fan in my other pic was from walmart, $12. has high/low and rotates very wide (9 o'clock to 3 o'clock) and is only efficient because the air is disciplined to blow straight. and with a fan blowing inside, no matter how 'sealed', air will be sucked in to compensate for the blowing.

update: my roots are IN the water!

17. k im just sayin the open spot to the outside air i can feel suction in, ill get a fan to blow air for the plant sometime soon.. lol

18. when should i mist the plant? or how often my bad

19. well by mist i mean spray, really. like a regular spray bottle, but don't reuse one you find, buy a new one.

every 4 hours or so, although i do it more often because i had a bug problem. just moisten the leaves on both sides, but make sure there is force of spray on the bottom so any potential bugs wont stick around. the fan will keep them from going stagnant, so mold won't be a problem.

you should buy a water filter pitcher like brita, and then add some drops of lemon juice for slight acidity. not a lot, maybe 4 drops per 20oz bottle, more if you use something bigger, less if smaller. right now its not so important, but when you get more leaves like my latest pic, obviously you have to do it more often, just like you'd have to water that much more often. keep me posted

20. careful spraying your plants durring lights on if your useing HID it may burn your plants. the drops of water act like little magnifiing glasses! incase u didnt know