Bagseeds Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SupersonicDonut, May 11, 2010.

1. Excellent, the one thing i did not do is search the forums lol.
    Well my little bag seed in HF has sprouted today, i posted a pic of the setup but i noticed it was crazy Ghetto so im redoing it today, soon.

2. Well it grew an inch above the soil but kept the seed casing on. With a little gentel help the seed fell off but did it grow up too much?

3. I have had that happen to a few of mine as well, some of them got very leggy but I started them in coco plugs so after they sprouted I just buried them up to their necks in Roots Organic and kept them close as possible to the lights.

Also you want to get a fan oscillating on them as soon as possible. This will help the stem get stocky and ready to support buds as well as keeping the air moving which is also important. You dont want stale air, you want fresh and you want it constantly moving.

congrats on your round 2 and good luck!

4. I have mine in Happy Frog, I left the soil about 2 in away from the top in case of a little stretching, so its all good there. And for the fan ive got a big 24' ghetto one.. It doesnt oscillate but it does push some air so We will see how this goes.

~The leggy diesel plant everyone had bad hopes for sprang back. My friend topped 5th set and it almost stopped all upward growth for like 3 days and bushed out a little more.. We will see how she turns out, but only time will tell.

5. #46 SupersonicDonut, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    Ok , got blazed on an 1/8th of some PE.. Good and high.
    Painted up this 1X6 flat white reflective paint.
    Put my two 26w 120v 27 watt 5000k CFL Bulbs on there.
    My $2.98 Thermometer that tells me temp is 85 Deg F.
    No ghetto 3-IN-1 Tester yet... Still waiting..
    You see my big ass ghetto fan? It blows good though.
    The little bag girl is in the pot there in FF Happy Frog.
    Thats about it all for now.

Attached Files:

• 0_0.jpg
      0_0.jpg
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:
  6. And i have a 2x2x4 ft grow space right now.. If i have my big fan going and my little exhaust fan going will smoking tabacco products in the room be hazerdous?
    The grow op is behind a set of doors, to closet, then like 4 ft of space full of clothes, then a foot or two of air, then the op is in there. Let me get some feedback if u can

7. A ghetto fan is better than no fan for sure.

As far as smoking, I wouldn't do it at all in the same space if smoke can reach the plants. Even as its being sucked out by your exhaust the particles can stick to the leaves and clog the stomata, which is how the plants exchange gases.

You want your environment to be as clean as possible and want to limit as much as possible the number of things contaminating your area. If you start having some issue with your plant, it will be one less thing to suspect as the cause.

Hope this helps!

8. Well it isn't good for the plant, that's for sure. With that much of a buffer, idk how much it would effect your grow to though.

I have to ask though, where do you exhaust to? Right back into the space you're getting your intake?

9. #50 SupersonicDonut, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    For now, yes, but i plan on running a duct along the back of my closet.. ok to get this into perspective i have to describe my bed/closet.. my closet is underneath my bed. My bed sits 5 ft high, closet under.. Ok? So ill run exhaust out there and intake will be from closet, or otherway around.. my bad.
    But that will be for later, like this weekend maybe idk. I need to put walls in there, right now all i have is thick drapes to block the light, lol.
    And i also have plans to put my timer on soon to 20/4. Working my way to 12/12 at like a month and a half. This will be a small first grow :D Ok i probably wont post for a few days i have work to do. See you later for a while GC ..

10. I am currently working on this setup here, the big fan will have a sealed chamber on the back of it that has duct running out into fresh air, of my room, and the exhaust will be a little fan ill buy. When i begin to flower i will do DIY Carbon filter. So now i have work to do, Just to give u a preview i made a lame top view of my plans.

Attached Files:

11. Ph is roughly 6.5 in the soil, runoff was at 6.8, i think its ghetto not digital. Moisture of soil? Idk what kind of information that can provide but its at 30%.. Lumunes are way over 2000, thats the highest reading on it.

12. Hey SD, I think I have the same 3 in 1 meter as you. Not digi but gets the job done.
    I got the thing specifically for the moisture meter. once the needle is nearing the edge of the red, its time to water for me. I dont use the PH meter to much but the lux meter is pretty handy when rearranging pots and stuff.

13. Lol, cool. Ya I tested the PH meter agenst the PH strips and my PH up+down control. I used a glass of distilled, 7, then put ph up in, skyrocketed lol. Then i put ph down in a new glass and it dropped sharply.. One thing i am not happy about is that it only goes from 8 to 3. But the moisture reading helps a lot too :D. I pulled my pot out from under lights to test ph and moisture last night, i was blazed and forgot to put back under lights LOL. I woke up to find a leaning tower of bagseed..

14. If anyone can find the Photosynthsis Rate/Color Spectrum graph that would be amazing, i know its on this forum but I lost it. lol

15. Ok trouble shooting time.. This plant has been in soil since last sunday. 24/7 light from my two cfls. temp has been around 90 the whole time. Sounds like im doing ok right? Well it would seem so but in a week the plant has only the first 2 leafs, not the cotyledons but the real first two, and this whole time the second set has been just sitting there. Doing nothing, is this plant a dud? It has had absolutely no new growth in like 4 days maybe more.

16. start the 18/6 lights!

roots grow when lights are on and leafs grow when lights are off

i forgot where i herd that but thats why u keep seedlings and clones on 24 hour light to premote root growth

17. Well its on 18/6 now hope to see improvements :hello:

18. This one?

[​IMG]

Also, 90 degrees is too high. Try to get it around 75 if you can.

19. How would i do that?