Bagseed Window Grow - When To Give Nutes (Soil)

Discussion in 'Security' started by Checkered Haze, Apr 24, 2014.

1. #1 Checkered Haze, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    So I germinated some bag seed and put them in 6 pots. First grow.
    I have them by a window, slightly open to allow a breeze, where no one can see them. Not even me. jk ;)
    The three in the front row are growing well (as far as I can tell). The middle one is about 4-5inches, the other two are about 1/2in-1in shorter, but with slightly twisted/curved stems. These are 5 days since their tap roots were about an inch and transplanted to these 8in pots (Im thinking about cutting the bottom of pots and attaching another to increase vertical root space if needed, hoping for shorter plants). The middle one in the second row is also from the same group of germinated seeds (that survived) and emerged late, but looking healthy (straight stem), about 2 days of actual growth (above the soil). I have two others that were from a different germination group and I just put them in the soil yesterday.

I have been dripping water from a slightly opened water bottle every time they need water.. dont really have a schedule worked out, mostly water them when the soil feels like its drying.

I have 1l each of the fox farm trio. My question isnt about the strength of the nutes, but when I should start feeding. I have searched around and most say to wait 2-3weeks, but usally its because the soil they are using already contains nutes. I went the cheap route and just dug in my backyard (removing as many roots and other things from the soil). Obviously the soil has some nutrients naturally, because grass was growing on top of it, but now Im unsure as to when to start feeding.

Can anyone help?
    Also, whats up with those curved stems?

2. Backyard dirt? I hope you at least mixed in some perlite. Definitely wait 3 weeks from the time they sprouted to give nutrients, and only feed 1/4 recommended dosage to start.

If you notice stretching and/or curving, it's because they are reaching for light. You can't expect to get a good grow having your plants sitting on a window sill. They need some real outdoor sunlight, or fake indoor light. Either way, it sounds like they are not getting enough light currently.