Bagseed, starting with 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sparky73, Nov 14, 2009.

1. I have a micro grow that I will be starting soon. I just have bag seed because I'm not going crazy with my hobby until I have the room to expand.

Basically, I will be gambling. I can grow 2 plants in my box, and will just hope for females. I have to keep my plants pretty small because they each have about 10x8x12 of grow room. I plan to tie them down when they reach about 6-8" tall.

Should I start with 12/12 lighting and force them into flowering right away because of my lack of space? I want to keep the plants small but with thick buds.

Are there any pics of plants grown in an area this small? I've love to see what you guys are capable of!

2. going 12/12 from seed is pointless becouse the plants wont flower untill they are mature enough to do so,wich is usually at least 3 weeks.going 24 straight for the first 2-3 weeks,then going 12/12 works best.

3. Okay, sounds good. Can I just leave the 2700K bulbs in there at 24/0, or how much of a difference will it make?

4. It will make a notable difference. with a small grow like yours your going to want to get every little protein you can photosynthesize. do yourself a favor and just get a few 6500k bulbs for the next coupla weeks. makes you feel better keep the reciepts and return them when your done. lol

5. You guys are awesome! :hello:

I only have two 6500K bulbs right now since I let a friend borrow my others for his grow. Should I just get them back from him for a few weeks and run six 6500k bulbs, or would 1 6500k and 2 2700k bulbs on each side work?

I know of course that having all 6500k would be best, but I've seen quite a few threads where people have grown their plants for the first few weeks with minimal lighting. Within the first few weeks, the plant shouldn't get that big, right? Should I wait for the 3rd or 5th node before changing the lights over to 12/12?

6. There is a thread in another forum called the The 1 oz. Shot Glass Grow Competition. I recommend that you do a Google search and check it out.

I've never tried it but they claim that 12/12 the whole way can be done. I guess its like putting out your seeds in September. :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Wow, thanks Max.. that's incredible. Little party going on tonight, so I'll google search it in the morning!

8. the reason why the plants stay so small at 12/12 is becouse they dont get enough light during the veg stage,they still wont flower untill the plant is mature enough,so it will take virtually the same amount of time,and you get a fraction of the yeild.I learned this the hard way.

9. I can agree with that.

It is probably only useful if you really want a micro plant for some reason.

Probably best to keep them in veg at least three or four weeks depending on the strain or until you have the number of tops that you want.

10. honestly i would just go ahead and get some autoflowering feminized seeds. they would be perfect for your small growing space and you also wouldn't have to worry about them being male all for around $34.00. bagseed isn't the way to go trust me.

11. Autoflowering seeds are in my future, but right now, I am limited on space and cash. I've been unemployeed for 6 months now, so I made the box small to accommodate my lack of space.

I am starting a new job on Dec. 1st, so by next Spring or so, I should have a new place and plans for a new, larger box.

Basically, I've only got maybe $50-60 into my box, so ordering seeds isn't an option right now. Growing good bag seed CAN produce some good green, so for now.. I'll just do some gambling.

With my lack of space, should/could I LST, or just tie the plant down once? Would this make any difference either way?

12. on another forum they got a thread bout 12/12 from start to finish and it works pretty good :D

max ur forum doesnt start with I and a C? :D

13. I threw some bagseeds in to my bloom room right from sprout. They are growing slower than any other seedlings I have raised. I won't do it again, I will run 24 hour light for two to three weeks before doing this so they can establish themselves quicker. Stick with LST and tie those things down every day if you must. With LST I have had plants finish under 18" tall and yielded over 2 ounces.

14. lst is a great technique. i used this for my first grow. i only had two medium sized flower pots so i kept the plants on veg for a little bit and winded the stalk in a circle over time. then put it in flower and got a surprisingly high yield.

15. i would lst. if you look at my #2 grow in my mini-fridge i was able to keep my plant around the height that you are shooting for. you would need some other type of pot but my plant wasnt any taller than 10" at the max. lst is the way to go if you want to keep a plant small and compact. also i would veg for at least 2 weeks

16. I will definitely be vegging for 2-3 weeks then. I have a link to my grow in my sig so take a look if your interested.

I will post my results as well when I start my plants. It will probably be another week or so before I have sprouts though.

17. Does GC have a thread like the one posted by Max? Where only 1 oz shot glasses or containers can be used? If not.. I might make one. I'd like to try it for the hell of it..

18. that last picture how did you get them to grow so tall in such small pots? special root tap placement? Maybe mine are stunted..

19. #19 Sparky73, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    I don't think those are his plants. And to grow that well in such a small container is NOT easy. I just spent a couple hours reading other forums about the 1 oz shot glass grow, and you have to constantly water and keep strict maintenance on them.

Reading all those made me feel a lot better about my grow though. My custom pot is a lot better than 1 oz, so I should do fine haha. My area for dirt is 8" long X 5" wide X 3" deep, so really I have 66.5 ounces of soil :D

20. I hate to burst the bubble on one of those pics but the large one in the clear shot glass is obviously fake. I can tell because, a) the only root to be seen is one that goes from the bottom to the top sticking out of the soil a bit, b) Also the light that plant would have needed to get that big would be able to penetrate the clear shot glass and killed the plant for sure. Looks like someone cut that bad boy off, and stuck it in the glass.