bagseed photo?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 0MGWTFBBQ, Mar 20, 2010.

1. well i searched but i couldnt find a thread about this . well I might want to grow and i think i would just use bagseed for a first try but i think im retarded because i don't know what a bagseed looks like? i googled marijuana seeds and they are all brown but i see nothing like that in my bags? i heard that there is lots of seeds in shitty weed so maybe i just always get good weed. but it would be really helpfull if someone could post a picture of what a bagseed look like, it would be greatly appreciated.:)

BTW first post

2. i would suggest reading the stickies in forums... but seeds can be yellowy-white to brown-black and still be effective... depends on several factors... i'm just gonna copy n paste my germ method from another thread...

"if you want to germinate seeds... here's my method...

sinkers and floaters man... put seeds in a coffee cup with lukewarm water... cover with a dessert plate... place on top of fridge or in a window sill... check it after a day or two... if seeds are floating, throw em away... if seeds sink... plant them 1/4-1/2 inch down into not-so-hot organic soil...

you don't need to wait for a taproot as it just complicates things... if you touch the taproot and your hands are dirty, it can die... if you give the taproot light exposure for too long, it can die... several other ways for it to die when the taproot is exposed...

all you want to know is if your seeds are good with germination... you don't need a one inch taproot to determine that... hell, sometimes i don't even bother germinating..."

3. Nice point man

4. is it possible that i have never gotten a bagseed in my bag? because i don't think i ever have

5. i mean it's possible... my boy gets cali bud shipped with ups (they don't even KNOW they're dealing :)) and it has seeds every now and then... of course i'm talkin in half pound quantities... i used some bagseeds found in some sour deisel and blueberry in my sig since i didn't have my real beans yet... but even the best of growers miss out on a herm every now and then... if you're buying dubs or quarters of sensi, it's unlikely you'll accumulate many seeds... especially if your gettin it from my guy cause i have dibs :)

if it's your first grow though, even mids or schwag seeds can grow into beautiful plants... and either is sure to contain them... of course you can always buy seeds online, but if it's your first grow i recommend starting with something that won't break your heart if it does die...

6. thanks, well i don't buy that much like an 8th a month but next time i goto buy i think i could just ask the guy for a couple seeds, then breifly explain my intentions. and at this point it isnt very serious, im just going to go into a forest near me plant a few seeds then do the bare minimum for growing them, that's the plan.

7. well.. before you bother make sure you know what the bare minimum is... 2x2x2ft holes per plant filled with proper soil, and you'll need flowering nutes for SURE... note the plant has two sexes possible... so the more seeds you plant the more females you'll have...

proper soil can consist of a lot of things... there's pretty much easy, medium, and hard difficulties, getting progressively cheaper...

easy: 75% FFOF + 25% perlite
    medium: 30% promix bx, 20% EWC, 25% perlite, 25% vermiculate, 1 TBSP/GAL mexican bat guano, lime as needed
    hard: 30% local topsoil, 20% local mushroom compost, perlite, vermiculate

some people like less drainage especially for guerilla grows... if you can pay attention to your plants i suggest 50% or more drainage outside (perlite and vermiculate) if you can't... cut back and it's cool... the drainage will let you water (or nute) more often (or for nuting schedules at the right time) and promote good root growth through the aeration of the soil...

i mean you can throw seeds in the ground and see what happens... but to get quality buds you need good soil and quality nutes...

8. thanks alot organticisbetter,pretty helpfull stuff. ima get some sleep now. peace

9. and yea bud, definitely possible you havent run across any seeds. took a while when i started smoking before i knew what a seed was or looked like (i live in CO so good bud is everywhere) it could be a variety of colors as previously stated, but it will look like the pics you find.