Bagseed Grow Tips are Appreciated

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chriseags, Apr 22, 2009.

1. #1 chriseags, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    New comer to growing Currently am growing one plant. I planted it about a week ago and have kept it under 2 100 watt equivalent 6500k cfls for 24 hours a day. the plant has sprouted, and is currently about 3 inches tall. any help from this point on is appreciated like how long i should veg for and what kind of lighting i need to get to improve my first grow. currently am thinking about getting 400w hps.

http://webmail.aol.com/42679/aol/en-us/Suite.aspx

2. dont think, get it! you wont look back. As far as how long to veg, I would do it as high as my height would let me. Remember, they will double in height during flowering, if not more.

3. im only growing one plant at a time to try and maximize my yield i will probably LST. you think the hps is the best thing for me to get? also i am trying to putt pics on but i cant figure out how. its really really pissing me off lol

4. Hey man - welcome to the wonderful world of growing. :)

I have a 400w hps and I love it, it builds big beautiful buds. :yummy: I still use cfls for vegging though. 125 ACTUAL watts.

I can't recommend highly enough the results an hps will give you, but cfls are fine for now if you want to shop around for a week or two. Try to get at least 100 actual watts, not equiv. more would be better.

If you are only ever going to grow one plant, you could probably get a lower wattage hps, but I am yet to meet someone who says they are going to grow one plant and sticks to it! ;) You'll have a garden before you know it. :D

Pics: You can either upload to photobucket or similar and then post the url here or when constructing your post, click the paperclip icon on the tool bar, manage attachments, browse for your pic nd upload, once uploaded, you can insert the pic.

Good luck. :)

5. #5 chriseags, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    Thanks man i really appreciate all the tips and the welcome :) good to know people are willing to help eachother. i think ive got about 80 actual watts going eright now so ill plug another in tomorrow so i have about 120. and thanks for the phote help too ill post pics asap ! thanks to people that are tuning in !

6. [​IMG]

need to get a camera my phone camera will not work with photobucket :( but prettty much, my sprouts lookin like this

7. [​IMG] aw........

Good start buddy...

[​IMG]