Bagseed Grow (First Grow)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NewbieGrow2020, Jan 10, 2020.

1. My First grow! I’m open to all pointers I’ve barely spent any money I built tent from store credit at Home Depot, maybe $15 bucks or so at Walmart everything else gift cards for Amazon from Xmas and a few trips to my local Hydroponics store so far. Give me some feedback I’d love it! 600w bloomspect some other cheap light I got off Amazon. I purposely spent as less as I could to see what I could do before spending more money. Will be growing Autos next. Found this seed and said let’s give it a go. It’s in Fox Farms Happy Frog progress from Jan 5. -Jan 9th. Let me know what ya think! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Looks good, now that it has popped.....it doesn't need the "dome" anymore....IMO.

What pot are you going to transplant it to?

3. I had it on there because my humidity was running low I’m debating on adding the humidifier I have probably will but she isn’t covered at the moment but I read to go to a 1 gallon then to a final of 3 gallon just a tester when I do my autos I’m going a final of 5 gallon. What ya think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I personally think 5 is great.........I grow autos.....and I start all of mine in their final 5 gallon fabric pot.

• Like Like x 3
  5. That’s what ive heard as well to do. I’m going auto my next run just trying to get the basics down and see if this will be a female before i get seeds

6. I’ve got 4 bag seeds and I just had to separate one due to balls dropping. 1 is growing slowly with the branches short, the other two are short but bushy. I wish you luck my friend. I hope it’s a female. In my opinion, I’d try to get an ultrasonic humidifier if possible. Other than that, good job on everything. You’ll have people try to bash burple lights and their wattage but I say work with what you got and finesse it. Bag seed is a wonder child, they grow all sorts of different ways. I’d definitely try low stress training too. All imho. Either way, you’re off to a great start by coming into this forum. Temp, humidity, and lightning distance are key.

7. Ok I’ll look into the UltraSonic if I get good feedback I’ll keep posting the journey but thanks for the advice!

8. IMG_0931.JPG

Giving her a little rest tonight. 4 hours of dark then back to the lights Day 5 pic. Watered for the first time since planting seed previously had been misting top soil with ph’d water. Give me some feedback please!

9. Looks good. Reminds me of my first grow set up. It becomes addicting to grow better and better stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It definitely does! Just getting some practice before I run my autoflower grow. Just wanted to spend as less as I could to see if I could get some decent results. Thanks for feedback

11. Officially one week! Give me some feedback letting her sunbathe for a little before she takes a nap in the dark for a 4-6 hours IMG_0955.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great work on not letting her stretch! She looks good!

13. You got your air circulation and something to keep the plant off the cold ground to keep it aerated.

I would train your plant bushy and do a lollipop technique before running into flower so you can get an even canopy with a sea of green type of method. For your grow set up this will be a great way to get a decent yield.

The reason I recommend a sea of green type of grow is because your grow light is not strong enough to penetrate more than maybe 12 inches from the top of the canopy towards the bottom. I know, I grew this way before last year before I upgraded to higher par lights.

They sell these quantum board lights now for as little as 150 bucks now with those new samsung 301b diodes that produce a full spectrum light if you ever decide to step up. I ran a budget grow similar to this myself.

If you don't trim the bottom and train your plant it will waste some energy trying to fruit the lower areas with small, larfy air buds. We want to focus the energy on the main colas to produce nice fat buds.

Don't give up man, sometimes things will happen can discourage you. I've killed plants, overfed, over-watered, you name it it's happened to me.

14. Thanks! I’ve just been filling advice from YouTube to threads on here and countless google searches lol like I said this is my first grow just to see what happens! It’s pretty exciting to see the progress

15. Yes I have it off the ground and a fan down there to circulate some air. But yea this is my version of a budget grow will definitely take the advice as far as my next lights but for my first time I’ve out of pocket maybe spent 70 bucks so whatever I get I’m gonna be pretty excited about! I plan to train the plant and I’m currently watching videos etc to learn techniques I feel I’ll be running back to this post asking you questions lol but thanks for all the tips!

What did you yield on your first grow in the similar setup like mine? Anything else that would help other than the training? What nutes did you use?

16. #16 NewbieGrow2020, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    She will be taking a nap for the National Championship game but from yesterday to today! Any suggestions on my next steps?

Attached Files:

17. Just let the seedling keep growing. I transplant in about 21 days from seedling stage. Try to provide 18 light and 6 off.
    Here is my Lemon Cake Seed on day 1 to day 6.
    20200108_144036.jpg 20200113_143046.jpg

18. She is looking good! Thanks for the tips! I’ll probably transplant at that same time as well. When will you start feeding? And what are you gonna use or have have used previously?

19. A few updated pics. It’s been fun just watching her grow. Probably transplant next weekend. I’ve been just watering with PH’d water (6.5 ish). I weighed after first watering to get a full weight helps me monitor to not overwater and how fast she is drinking. I’ve been able to keep my environment stable for the most part. Day 11 Anyhow leave some feedback! Thanks IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0988.JPG

20. IMG_1021.JPG

Updated pic Day 49 has responded well to first doses of cal mag as well as first doses of Grow Big and Big Bloom Fox Farm nutrients wanted to keep everything uniformed. Will flip to flower 12/12 beginning of next month