Bagseed grow. 7 weeks in.

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by lupac, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hello everybody. My single plant grow is going good. I am a little concerned about the time it's taking though. I assume it's a sativa dominant, because it's much more than doubled it's height since I started flowing it. (From about 9 inches to over 35".) How many more weeks would you guys say it has left? I'm guessing 4-5 more. You're supposed to stop fertilizing it 2 weeks before harvest, right?

Thanks, and enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

2. I would agree with your guess. And around 1-2 weeks before harvest just fresh water should be given to the plant. Then a 3 day dark period before chop and you are golden.

3. Thanks. What's letting it sit in the dark do, exactly? I can't wait to finish this one. This was kind of a test plant. I got some much better soil and some ak-48 seeds I'm going to start flowering once this plant is done.

4. It makes sure no starches and just sugars are in the buds and truly helps the flavor of the bud in my personal experience. Which was just last week actually. I picked some buds from before my 3 day dark period and after it and there is a sweeter taste from the buds picked after the dark period. The bud I picked before the dark period didn't have a drastic difference in taste and flavor but the dark period made an improvement in my case. Some say it is strain depended on how much it will help but it's said to help with the thc production or something also, the extended dark sends stress signals to the buds and something magical supposedly happens haha. I would recommend trying it yourself since this is your experimental batch! Worst thing that could happen to you is ya end up high! Just my input
    Best of luck man!

5. When ur trichs turn supa cloudy she's approaching robust ripeness but its def another week min from that point before they start the amber color transition..difference between cerebral high and couch lock, or cbd levels against thc-b but for all intents and purposes, if ur not dropping weight to patients or dispensary than its a matter of personal preference which stage u flush and eventually chop down.

6. There is no need for a dark period of 3 days prior to cutting. Just cut it before the light is supposed to come on the next time.

Theoretically giving it a dark period before is going to keep the light from burning off the terpines, which is correct.

BUT, when you chop the plant, it doesn't die immediately. Meaning as long as you hang it in the dark you're fine.

A three day dark period could only increase the chance of mold.