Bagseed Closet Grow - NEWBY - Can't find a dealer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sikabuyin, Dec 29, 2006.

1. If you flower before they are sexually mature, they will just take longer to bud and will yield less. However, it can be flowered before mature. The general consensus is however, that it is more worth the time and effort if they are ready i.e. sexually mature.

As for the CO2, obviously plants use Co2 to breathe however, I just have not seen any conclusive evidence that plants grow better or faster by spraying or watering with carbonated water. I have asked peeps who do that to give me a side by side comparo of plants grown with co2 enriched water and without co2 water and I have never gotten any. Co2 added to the air will yield 20-30 percent bigger plants but, temperatures, co2 ppm etc all have to be right otherwise, the co2 is wasted.

2. I watered again today. I used plain water w/ a ph of 8.8. The runoff water was; 6.15, 6.25, 6.00 and 5.7. I'm still new to this whole ph adjustment bizz, should I water again with 8.8 next time or something more like 7.5? I'm planning on using my grow nutes with ph of 8.8 but am unsure. I know I shouldn't add nutes if the ph isn't in the 6.3-6.8 range but if I get the ph fixed I don't want to have to wait until the next watering for feeding.

Plant B has alternating Nodes, the other three don't.

3. Do whatever it takes to get the pH between 6-7. Adding nutes usually lowers the pH unless the nutes include clam shells and D. Lime etc.

4. i just read thru your entire thread and was very scared by the first couple of pages but very nice turnaround and good luck with the rest of your grow:)

5. Someone.... and I'm not pointing fingers, broke sikabuyin's computer not too long ago.

I hope sika doesn't mind if I update his journal for him.

He got two females and he is into forced flowering. I heard, or saw his grow setup and it is exceptional. Sika's educational background will benefit him with a glorious harvest... soon. He couldn't have done it without this website. He would love to update you all (or in his parlance ya'll) but he doesn't feel doing it from his work computer would be a good idea. His computer should be fixed soonish and he will posting again soon.

Cheers.

PS. Yes indeed our dogs are lovers. Neutered and spayed lovers, but still lovers.

6. Ha,
    Funny post 5280. Thank's for the update.

7. Ok, got my computer fi xed.

As 5280 mentioned I got two girls and they are growing strong. I went to 12/12 18 days ago and quickly got the two dudes out of the room. I just now got the PH stabilized, after months of PH up and lime. Todays watering was the first without PH up.

Widow Skunk 50days from seed, 18days into 12/12, 14days flower, Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom just added, soil ph - 6.8 and 28 inches tall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BagSeed 84 days from seed, stress and more stress , 18days into 12/12, 9days flower, Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom just added, soil ph - 6.7 and 17 inches tall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Under The Light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clones 24/0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They're not looking so good. Any thoughts?

8. Looking good. Yummy yum.

9. The widow skunk is a hermi:devious:. I've only found pollen sacks on 1st and 2nd nodes on the branches from the 2nd and 3rd nodes of the stem. Does that make sense:rolleyes:

What should I do? I really don't want to toss it after all this work. I thought about turning the fan off but I'm afraid the heat would get too high. Should I cut off just the pollen sacks or the whole bud (female and male)? And could I use the pollen to make fem-seeds?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hey sik. wow, haven't looked in on you in a while. not looking bad at all. that sux about the hermie. I don't have answers for that one I'm afraid, when I found em I chopped em, but I missed some too. I wouldn't think any less of you if you grew out some seeded weed, it still smokes. peace

11. Sika,

Nice tall sativas you got there. The first few pictures that show darker brown spots is fert burn. The spots that look almost white, that are on the leaf and the edges are from heat stress. If the hermie was a mostly female plant with an occasional male sack, that pollen can then be used to dust a different, fully female plant. The resulting seeds would be feminized.

As for the little ones, did you check the pH on them too? It looks like it could be fert burned maybe. One looks almost like phosphorus deficiency. Problem with p deficiency at that age and not in flower is the p deficiency would be the symptom of some other problem. Figure out what that would be and you solve it. Do those cups have holes in the bottom?

12. damn dude.. haven't been here in a while. Great recovery from those first few pics you posted way back. Awsome job.! +rep

13. LOL that's so cool man.. i remember those ghetto ass yellow seedlings in MG soil a couple months back..
    congratz dude!

14. Thanks for the rep man. It's been a rough battle but it's all been one great lesson and I hope to reap the rewards.

15. Yeah looks much better.

16. danggg your leafs are skinny :p

17. Yeah man, it's kinda cool looking and was a bit of a surprise. It's totally sativa dominant which would also explain it's height.

18. I wonder how long it will take to finish