Bagseed Closet Grow - NEWBY - Can't find a dealer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sikabuyin, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Thanks for all the info guys. It's clear that I have a black thumb but I'm not going to quit.

I wish I knew how bad the soil sucked two weeks ago when I changed from MG. I'll get better soil for the two seedlings but I'm not wasting any more time on the 5 bagseeds cause I want to flower in 4 weeks and another transplant will put me another 2 weeks behind. (or will it? that's how long it took them to get healthy after the last time I transplanted them) I've been loosening the soil with an ice pick to let air get down and hopefully let the roots grow a bit. I'll stop using the FF schedule and wait till I get 3-5 nodes before I add anything but water.

What, you're not supposed to but your butts in your soil? I thought that would help.

Half tap water(aired out for 48 hrs) half distilled water. And a shit load of ph down.

Dolomite eh'? Would I mix that into the soil or just sprinkle it on top and add water? Thanks for the advise. I'll add perlite to the 2 seedlings when i put them in larger pots.

When I poop scoop my back yard I just mash it up and throw it on top. I thought since my dog food is so expensive I'd try and recycle it and get more bang for my buck.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Every mistake I've made will just make me better in the long run.

I'm leaving town for 6 days soon and havn't yet figured out how I will water. maybe I'll set up a wick system for the little ones and not water the older ones at all. that should air out the soil

Oh, I've also been adding a little h2o2 to the water to make sure the roots get o2.

2. Naw,
    The plant should recover from a transplant within 24-72 hours. Two weeks was because of the nute burn and transplant to only mediocre soil.

3. Before I left town I transplanted all of the plants into new soil. While I was transplanting I noticed that the two sick plants had no new root growth so I trashed them. So, before I left I had 2 Widow Skunk plants and 3 bagseed plants. It looks like one of the seedlings didn't take to the new soil but I'll give her a little while before I pull the plug on her. I just watered and checked the PH of all of them. This new soil is much better and makes the ph easier to manipulate. Here are the pics.

Widow Skunk 1: 13days PH = 6.00
    [​IMG]

Widow Skunk 2: 13days PH = 6.11
    [​IMG]

Plant B: 45days PH = 6.30
    [​IMG]

Plant D: 45days PH = 5.6
    [​IMG]

Plant E: 45days PH = 5.7
    [​IMG]

Group Shot
    [​IMG]

4. Its only been 2 days since I watered but the soil wasn't moist 2 knuckles deep so I watered today. I added Fox Farms Grow Big to the 3 older plants. I used 6.8ph water/nutes for Plant-B and 7.2ph for the other two. The PH of each after watering was B-6.5, D-5.9 and E-6.0. As for the Widow Skunk plants or soon to be plant I used 7.00ph pure water and got the soil up to 6.3 for both. WS-1 still has bleek signs of life so I'm not going to quit on her. I've moved her further away from the light though.

One question... When mixing nutes it says 2 tsp per gallon. Is that gallon of soil of gallon of water If it is per gallon of soil I'm only feeding 5% the suggested amount (40 oz water per plant 128oz per gallon and 3.4 gallons of soil at half suggested strength)<- I'm sure that makes no sense but seriously soil or water??

Plant B - 47days
    [​IMG]

Plant D - 47days
    [​IMG]

Plant E - 47days
    [​IMG]

Widow Skunk 1 - 15days
    [​IMG]
    I know, she doesn't look good but wtf there's no cost for trying...

Widow Skunk 2 - 15days
    [​IMG]

5. hey man i just found this but your plants are lookin great! i kinda just skipped to the end cuz im pretty stoned and just wanna go smoke a cig. im definitely pulling up a chair on this, good luck on your first grow! im sure you'll be well rewarded as far as i can see. i'll read more when i come back. again, good luck!

6. Its per gallon of water not soil.
    But I would not give them that much to start. Too late now but the first couple of feedings should be more like 1 TSP or even 1/2 TSP per gallon of water. Start her off easy. They look a tad young to be fed high dose nutes. Just go easy. They look better now, the healthy ones of course.

P.S. Try not to let the pH get below 6.0

7. Plants are looking good!

8. I added a humidifier and just misted with carbonated water. I'll add some epsom salt for the next watering tomorrow or the day after. Things are looking good. The small one is 20days and the 3 larger ones are 52 days. I will change lightcycles in 8 days. Should I do a 36 hour dark period or will this stress the plants???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. does your humidifier work well!?!? i mean..can you control the humidity w/ that device? i'm curious because i was thinking of doing the same thing. let me know!:cool:

10. I think if you do a 36 hour light period before going 12/12 they could stretch. Your plants are so short and stocky, that might not be a bad thing. The 36 hours of darkness is best right before harvesting. I would just shorten the photoperiod by 1-2 hours per night and or just go to 12/12.

11. just stick wit 12/12

12. It does help. It keeps the humidity about 10% higher than it was and it also coolsit down in there a few degrees.

Right on. I'll just switch it to 12/12 when the time comes. How long after the switch should I add blooming nutes? In the fox farm feeding schedule it calls for Grow Big once after a few weeks of flowering. Should I do this or just stick with blooming stuff only.

Thanks, that's what I'll do.

13. Ok so I watered a few hours ago and found that i have a serious PH problem. I added epsom salt to all four plants and Grow Big to 2 of them. After the last watering the PH was 6.5, 6.3, 6.0 and 5.7. I only added nutes to the two with PH's above 6.3 with 6.8 water/nute/epsom salt solution. The two with lower PH's i added only epsom salt/water with a ph of 8.0.

All 4 plants had a ph under 6.0 ranging from 5.3-5.8

This is a problem and I don't know how the ph got so low. On my next watering I'll use 8.5-9.0ph water only. I'm hoping that will fix at least a few of them. Here are a few pics. I've been misting twice a day with carbonated water and my humidifier is working well.

Temps are steady at 82 F but they did get up to 98F today because I forgot to turn the exhaust fan on this morning.

53 days for the bigger ones and 21days for the small one.

[​IMG]

Plant B
    [​IMG]

Plant D
    [​IMG]

Plant E
    [​IMG]

Widow Skunk
    [​IMG]

14. Why are they so short? I've got a fan on them turned on it's highest setting. This is to control the temp. They stems are getting fat and there are several nodes on the three larger plants. the leaves are all so close together I don't see how buds will be able to grow in such a tight place. I raised my lamp a few inches hoping they will stretch a bit. The bulb is 10 inches from the top of the tallest plant. I used the 4 inches per 100watts formula. The leaves aren't burning at all.

15. After asking why my plants are so short, above, I decided to take a few more pics. Here are closeups with the fan leaves pulled back for plants B and E.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what do you all think? Is this normal? Or NORML

EDIT: Will it be too early to change to 12/12 in 7 days?

16. The tallest one grew an inch in the past 6 hours. I think moving the light up has helped them stretch a bit.Who knows though. Maybe it was the epsom salt or the grow big. The low PH doesn't seem to be that big of a problem. I'm going to calibrate my PH meter before the next watering. My brown thumb is starting to get a hint of green in it.

Plant B
    [​IMG]

Plant D
    [​IMG]

Plant E
    [​IMG]

Widow Skunk
    [​IMG]

Group Shot
    [​IMG]

17. Ok, so I know nobody has even read my journal lately but what the hell... Below are a few pics of my humidifier. I filled it will Ice and topped it off with chilled water 6 or 7 hours ago. I wanted to see if if would cool the closet down a bit. It worked! It brought the temp down 6-8 degrees and kept the RH at or above 40%.

Try it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. You can give them the bloom ferts probably 2 weeks or so into flowering. Remember do not go by the FF schedule; I don't think it is good. Too many people have trouble when using it.

You are using the MH and CFL's right? How many watts total? I think they are so short because of the strain. Backing off the lights will help as you found out. Check out this light distance chart.

You should go 12/12 when they have alternating nodes which is usually around 4 weeks or 12 inches tall. This indicates they are sexually mature.

Nice humidifier and good idea. Where did you get it?

Do whatever you can to keep the pH between 6-7. pH being off is what you see in the zebra looking leaves I believe.

Attached Files:

19. Thanks for the advice Vtec

I'm currently using 250watt MH only. I've got a 400watt HPS on standby for flowering. I might use both lights in the flowering phase but I'm not sure yet.

What happens if I flower before they are sexually mature?

I got the humidifier at walmart for $25

What do you think about using carbonated water for an occasional misting. I know you are not a misting fan but my plants haven't gotten burned yet.