Bagseed Closet Grow - NEWBY - Can't find a dealer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sikabuyin, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Mylar is a bitch to put up

Attached Files:

2. I got my PH down today. Even though I just watered I added a half cup of water, with some Big Bloom(should help the roots out), to each pot. I adjusted the PH to 6.7. I know the PH of the water is more important than the soil but I don't know if I need a soil ph meter.

I put my two Widow Skunk seeds into soil today also. I'll post pics once they break through the soil. I really hope at least one of these is a female. Even though they are a month behind the older plants I'd bet they will still have higher yields.

3. soil ph meters are worthless, measure the runoff when u water to see the ph of the soil, the first part of the runoff is most accurate for the soil.

your plants look like my old ones, my soil had too much bark in it, and i think that is what causes the slow growth and the small leaves

4. lookin good sikabuyin! I plan on starting a grow this spring/summer also. :hello: I;m in the bible belt like you but I don't have a problem finding any, what state are you in? Godo luck with the grow!

5. I watered today. I used regular water with a ph of 5.5. The runoff water was 7.3-8 and the sickest plant was the 8.0ph. I guess that's proof that ph alone can kill plants because even the new growth(post MG) looks really bad and slow growing. The good news is the new plants have a ph of 7. They should be on veg DAY ONE tomorrow! They've broken the soil but the leaves haven't turned up yet. I'll post pics when they do.

6. I used half distilled water half tap w/ a ph of 4.8. I didn't need to water but I knew that the ph was still a big issue. The runoff water had a ph of: A 7.6, B 7.25, C 7.15, D 7.4 and E 7.55. Which was about 0.4 lower for each plant than before. I'll wait a few days to water again so I don't over water. I plan on using the same 4.8 water next time until I'm in the ballpark. I always water the highest ph plant first to make sure it doesn't drop below 6.3.

The plants are in order A-E as they have been throughout the journal.

Day 32

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. They're here! Keep a close eye on these because I imagine they will be passing up the old maids in the next two weeks. I watered them with 1/2 strength Big Bloom(Fox Farm) w/ a ph of 6.3. The runoff water had a ph of 7.11 in both. I plan to water with the big bloom every watering for one week or until the ph of the soil drops below 6.8 (whichever comes first.) I'm leaving town next week and I'll be gone for 6 days so I need to get them into a larger pot before I go so they'll have plenty of water. This is why I'm using the big bloom, it's supposed to promote root growth. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to change my light cycle to 18/6 next week too. Will they use less water that way compared to 24/0?

There's also a group shot below.

Day 1 & Day 32

Attached Files:

8. This is Plant C 10 days ago. All of these leaves are dead now. You can see why.
    [​IMG]
    The New growth is looking much better. But there is still room for improvement.
    [​IMG]

9. Dude, why are you fertilizing these plants? They already got fert burned. All they need for 3.5 weeks old or however it takes to get to 3-5 nodes tall, is soil, water and sun. The soil they are in is a cut above MG and the soil is probably helping the pH go higher. The water was problematic but it sounds like you got the pH under control so just let them recover. Just give them that 4.8 water or even lower because you want to shoot for under 7.0 pH.

10. I'm not adding any ferts to the 5 bagseed plants. I am using big bloom on the 2 newly spouted W.S.'s because it is suggested for the first 2 weeks for seedlings in the fox farm feeding schedule. It says that it won't burn plants and will help promote root growth. My posts are a little confusing; the first post was about the 5 one month old plants, and the second post was about the 2 brand new plants. Big bloom is a very weak fert(0.01-0.3-0.7) and I had never heard of using it on seedlings until I read fox farms suggestions. It's mainly used w/ tiger bloom in the flowering phase.
    [​IMG]

11. My advice, throw out the 5 that that haven't moved an inch in over one month, even if they did recover you would get an extremely low yield and would be more hassle then its worth. I think the lesson has been learned on these 5 and continueing on the wrong foot is pointless. the 2 new plants needs no ferts nor root enhancers, simply water, stick your finger 2 inches into the soil and if it feels dry, water them. you say your going away for 6 days? i hope you have someone to care for them or i can see this grow heading for disaster

12. when i started my white rhino i had a bit of the same results. dont fert it at all. with anything. soil and water until they get some growth on them and stabalize. most important thing at this stage it to make sure you get your ph balanced and keep it that way as to not block and nutes that the plants want to take in that the soil has to offer and not try to force and nutes on them. 2 inches is moist dont water, if dry, water until slight runoff. once they get a little age/growth on them and they're good and green/not suffering, you can then begin some slight feeding and work your way up on that. you can still have success with your plants, don't throw in the towel on it. even if its a low yield at least you'll get some experience growing and next go round you can start off on the right foot and practice makes better until you die but never perfect :) good luck man, and props on the bad pooch ya got ;)

13. It looks like most of the plants are going to pull through after the MG abuse. Here are a few pics.
    34 days
    Plant A (PH=8.1)
    [​IMG]
    Plant B (PH=7.3)
    [​IMG]
    Plant C (PH=7.3)
    [​IMG]
    Plant D (PH=7.5)
    [​IMG]
    Plant E (PH=7.8)
    [​IMG]

2 days
    Widow Skunk 1 (PH=6.5)
    [​IMG]
    Widow Skunk 2 (PH=6.7)
    [​IMG]

14. sikabuyin,

Don't go by what the FF fert schedule says. They were not counting on you growing weed with their product and consequently their chart will not work for weed. Don't give them any ferts for 3.5 weeks of normal growth which for most people coincides with 3-5 nodes in height. The only plant that looks ok is the first one with pH 7.3. All others have a pH that is too high and consequently they look bad. I guess the pH won't come down any more? Oh and your soil still sucks. That clumpy clay like crap will slow down root growth.

15. Worst soil i have ever seen, looks like an ashtray
    start again bro, waste of time IMHO

16. Nah, "waste of time" my ass. If nothing else you can change the fucking soil. The plants are alive, theres no reason to ditch your plants.

17. No fert man. where are you getting your water from?

18. u need to transplant into a better soil and add perlite in it... ph is easier to correct if the soil has some dolomite lime in it (powdered, 2 teaspoons per gallon)

19. Yes. They have clear nitric burn. For me they also look overwatered.
    This soil is full of shit.
    I would go for soil less medium and just rinse them out of this dirt.
    There is not much root there anyway. They do not breathe.
    What ever you will attempt will fail unless you repot them to something better than that.
    I bet that if you take it out of pot root is 2 inch deep, and lower soil is so compact, that it holds too much moisture, relising to much nutes and not leting it go anywhere.

20. I have destroyed plants this way. Like mirror.
    They can grow back but they can't be reciving ANY nutes.
    And root growth can be brought back by allowing soil to dry and air to acces.
    Problem is that even then not all of them will get back.