Bagseed Closet Grow - NEWBY - Can't find a dealer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sikabuyin, Dec 29, 2006.

1. PS when i say lay off the water i mean wait till they get a little dry (like 2" down) before you water again.

2. Thanks man. I haven't watered them in the new soil yet. I have misted them but no substantial water. The soil is moist though. So should I wait?

3. yeah wait.. if it's moist that's good. Let those roots dig down deep. :)
    if the surface drys and you wanna mist the surface that's cool. They'll let you know when they need watering.

4. Since my plants are ill, hopefully getting better, I am going to post their day-to-day progress. Here they are after a day in the new soil. I'm not going to water them for almost a week but will mist them regularly. If they get worse off I'll be pissed. I've put too much damn work into these. The good news is since they are still so small I'm going to add a couple of White Widow seeds in a few days (as long as the doc comes through)

21 days

Attached Files:

5. Save em' bro!

6. Hey man.

I recommend not misting the soil. If the soil is always moist it can invite mold. Plus, it might make it difficult to tell when it needs to be watered. If the leaves get misted the light might possibly cause the leaves to burn. Lastly, if you accidentally mist a light bulb, it could shatter all over you and the plants. I am not a fan of misting except when there are bugs or a deficiency. Finally, I am glad you got them out of that MG. Humus is not great but, as long as it is not in fertilized soil, they will be better.

7. i think you should just start over with new soil seeing how small they still are. you have a good setup though, rescue the plants! mine plants have been through alot but they are doing good now. marijuana is nice and resilient!

8. They seem to be getting worse. 24days no water, soil is getting dry deep down. Any help??

I got 12 Widow Skunk seeds today 2 are germing and I will replace the worst two plants with them.

Attached Files:

9. If they are getting dry deep down it is time to water them. You only need to let the soil dry to about 2 inches deep. Then it is time for watering. Give them a boat load of water. They still look fert burned.

10. I added soil, as suggested, to all of the five pots. I watered all of them in their new soil until the soil was saturated. I am getting a ph meter this week and I'm sure I'll find that my tap water has too high of a Ph. I know that everyone says don't use tap water but it seems a little pricey to get cases of bottled water when I don't even drink it myself. Is ph even a big deal when you aren't using any nutes?

Day 26

Attached Files:

11. Group shot

Attached Files:

12. If you leave the tap water sitting out in a bucket 24 hours before you give it to them, all the chlorine will be evaporated out of it. Therefore unless your tap has a bad pH or a lot of calcium in it, it should be fine to use. pH is important at all times. The good news is it is easy to regulate in soil. Since you are using humus, definitely get that pH meter just to make sure.

13. Thanks for the advise. The ph meter is on the way but what does humus have to do with it? I've got the fox farm 3-pack on the way also and I think I will make two big batches of water. I've got a few large rubbermaid storage containers in the garage, each are about 30 gallons or so. I'll make one of them just water with a solid 6.5 ph and the other with whichever nute I'm currently using mixed in and a ph of 6.5. If I keep these bins sealed will the ph be stable? I'm no chemist but that's probably a dumb question anyway.

Oh, I've got 2 widow skunk seeds germing so I think I'll throw them in with the rest soon. Once they're in soil I'm hoping they will keep up with, or even surpass, what I already have(since their growth has been so stunted) Will 1 month vegging be enough? I'm trying to harvest in mid April and I'm less concerned with quantity than quality.

14. Holly shit! I never thought it would be that high. Please tell me thats why my 27 day old plants look like they are 3 or 4 days old.

So, I got some distilled water and the ph of that was 8.7. I've got some ph down on the way so should I'm thinking I'll hold off on water until it gets here.

15. are you sure that PH tester is accurate? Any distilled water i buy (usually poland spring) is 6.5 or so. But yeah 9.0 PH water is definately the key to your troubles man.

16. I calibrated it with some 7.01 solution. I don't have any 10.01 or 4.01 but even if it's off the ph of both is above 7 for sure. I was thinking that if the distilled water was distilled locally, with the same city water, maybe that's why the ph's are similar. I live in the worst state as far as cannabis tolerance. I've got a theory that the state is trying to make it fucking impossible to grow.

17. No shit man. Our state sucks when it comes to weed. I believe if I am not mistaken that humus and soils with large amounts of bark in them, can be very acidic. With your highly alkaline water and acidic soil, they might zero each other out. On the other hand your plants are stunted mostly from the over fert I presume. If you get a plant with normal growth, from the start, one month should be enough time to veg. Your fox farm soil should be best. Your questions about the big buckets of water and pH fluctuating over time are interesting. I would certainly test the pH of the water before giving it to them.

18. get promix or perfect mix and mix it with miracle grow soil

mg soil by itself is bad for mj plants

19. Wow man, those plants are in bad shape but don't worry. I've seen some plants with really bad nute burns make it...

20. Here's some updated pics. I'm still waiting on some ph down. Got my 400watt HPS and some Mylar today. I'm going to wait until they start too look better before I start using both lights.

Attached Files: