Bagseed CFL Tent Grow (First Time in Flower)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by awakenbake, Oct 3, 2012.

1. #1 awakenbake, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Hello everyone!

Been awhile since I had something going so here's my update.

This is my first time in the flowering phase and I'm a few days into the 5th week. I did a 6 week veg period before that.

I am using FFOF soil with no nutrients up to flower and then just FF Tiger Bloom with a little bit of Big Bloom.

I'm having a nutrient deficiency and need to water within 24hrs so I need help with this. The picture is of the fan leaf right below the main cola.

My current feeding schedule is a gallon of pHed H20 to 7.0 with 1 tsp of Tiger Bloom. The following day I give a gallon to two gallons of pHed H20. Then for a few days I give nothing and then after maybe three days just a bit more water before restarting the week cycle.

Hoping I can finish in 3 to 4 weeks. Please give me your comments and suggestions.

2012-10-02_20-58-08_837.jpg

2012-10-02_20-59-39_680.jpg

2012-10-02_20-59-49_476.jpg

2012-10-02_21-00-07_738.jpg

2. #2 awakenbake, Oct 3, 2012
    alright just wanted to make sure I got that post out asap so I can get a diagnosis from someone more experienced.

I'm in a tent that has an exhaust fan 6" with ducting from top and has another medium sized fan blowing air up creating a passive intake.

For lighting I am using a FluoroWing CFL with actual 125 watts. I have both 2700k and 6500k spectrum bulbs. I'm using 2700k right now. When I started flowering I added three 23 watt 2700k bulbs for the bottom of the plant due to some stretching so there is even lighting at bottom.

Edit: So my question right now is do I need to flush or should I continue feeding as usual?

3. I'm running into same problem. First time for me in flowering, about 1.5 weeks into it. Have some Tiger Bloom on it's way, hopefully by end of week. My leaves are dying at base, so I added a little water soluble plant food with +nitrogen, got top greener but bottom still looking bad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. what type of plant is it? indicas take less time in my experience to mature whereas sativas take a bit longer. When they get to their mature window, they will begin to drop their leaves sometimes. I would maybe flush with pH water. Not sure what that deficiency is if its any at all.

this is just what i think

someone more experienced may know better than I

5. If the light cant penetrate down to those leaves, then they will no longer be affective me thinks and thus they die as they cant get the light necessary to carry on.

Not sure tho.

double check with a pro:)

6. It's from a bag of mids that I have accumulated over the years so I have no idea but it looks to be a hybrid.

7. #7 solosimpson, Oct 3, 2012
    ahhh, i see. Do you have microscope to check crystals? That will answer that question if the trichomes are milking up and/or amber. If the trichs are clear, then you have time to go and you MAY have deficiency. Not sure, but i wouldnt worry about it too much.. Would water with pH'd waters and if prob gets worse try some general plantfood something like superthrive. Good luck

8. awake, is it only occurring on the one leaf? From what I can see, the plant looks healthy otherwise, so I wouldn't worry about it. Remember that it's normal for plants to yellow towards the end of flowering. If it's only one yellow leaf, you're good. What I do see though is evidence of a little overwatering- the droopy leaves. Is your soil staying wet all the time? How much are you letting it dry out? (3 to 4 days doesn't tell me anything-let's talk soil moisture)

Also, why are you pHing the water to 7.0? That's too high. Remember that "neutral" on the pH scale is 7.0 but "neutral" for water is slightly acidic. Cannabis prefers a slightly more acidic pH than 7.0 (I don't measure pH, I'm an organic girl, but I know that 7.0 is too high).

Main point: if it's just the one leaf, don't worry about it. Your plant looks healthy otherwise.

9. Naw I have no clue what it is exactly. There were two originally but the other one which was wayyyy bigger and stronger ended up being a hermie as bagseeds often do so I'm just glad I got one female. Hopefully can actually finish the entire process for the first time!!

10. #10 InTheGarden, Oct 3, 2012
    mjj, adding nutrients won't fix the leaves that are already affected, it will just keep it from affecting more growth. If the top growth looks healthy, fertilize at a normal rate and see if it clears up.

11. Thanks for the input!! Upon re-inspection it is that rust type look from above pic and its the worst on the pair of fan leaves that I photographed but the ones directly above and below show mild versions of the same thing. I think I'll flush and fert again later. I'll dial it in to about 6.5.

Does that sound a little better?

12. ive run at 7 pH before. now i do about 6.4 so i have a .1 cushion to play with. I wouldnt jump to 6.5 out of nowhere tho. Remember your plants can get stressed from sudden changes to their environment. Id suggest maybe running a bit lower on your next run. Maintain course if its going ok id say. and inthegarden is right, it DOES look like maybe overwatering with the clawing on the fan leaves. dont let the soil STAY soaked. Let it dry up a bit, THEN water some. dont make them swim.

Its either pH from the clawing or overwatering in my opinion. good luck

13. After I let mine dry up, and re-water, they seemed to jump back. I need to read up more on the pH water, I'm just using distilled water. I also got the Tiger Bloom, looking forward to trying it out.

14. Update:

I gave her a gallon of water pHed to 6.5. I pHed the runoff out the bottom of the container and the probe was fluctuating between 6.2 and 6.3. Gonna let her dry up a bit before doing anything else.

15. MJJ, avoid using distilled water as it is bad for the plant because it doesn't have any minerals for the plant. Try to use spring water or if you want to filter use a Brita or something to that nature.

The few times I got lazy about my water I went and purchased a gallon of spring water and then pHed that. Also what are you using to pH your water because half my headache before was not having a decent probe. I got fed up and finally bought a $30 one from Milwauke I believe mine is the pH 600.

16. ok thanks, will not use that distilled water anymore.

17. This is not true. mjj, distilled water is totally fine, there's nothing "bad for the plant" about distilled water. It doesn't matter if the water doesn't contain minerals, that's what you are adding nutrients for. The water contributes a negligible amount of minerals anyway, unless you have well water or especially hard water. I water with tap water that I let sit out for 24 hours to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

18. Awake, just looked at your first picture again, looks like a Ca def. Still, if it's only affecting the one leaf, I wouldn't do anything about it. Just add a little cal mag with your next watering and it should be fine.

19. My bad, I read that on here awhile back guess just a bit of misinformation. :eek: That's good to know! Ty :)

Would adding a little bit of dolomite lime do the trick? Or is there something you use that you could recommend?

20. I grow organically so I don't really use the bottled stuff. Yes, dolomite lime would help, but it's slow release. Although, since it's only affecting one leaf, the lime should at least have released a little bit of Ca before it starts affecting any other leaves. Make a slurry of lime and water (maybe 1 Tbs of lime per gallon of pot size) and water it in.