Bagseed CFL closet grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ZackBloDro12, May 7, 2010.

1. #1 ZackBloDro12, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    FIRST GROW****

WEEK 1

I also just planted 2 more bagseed seeds.

Seed:

Bagseed from some good mids. (the picture of the mids is below)

Soil:
    Miracle Grow ORGANIC CHOICE potting soil. (i know, MG is bad, but its organic so it should be fine. right?)

NUTES:

Not that far yet.

lights:
    At the moment there is 2 27 watt daylight cfls, i will be adding 2 more over the next few weeks, plus a florescent work light i found in my shed.

its a little stretched because in the beginning i was using incandescent bulbs, i know dumb, but i fixed the problem.

Mylar lined walls. from a car reflector.

Right now the lights are on 24/0 one reason is, my timer broke, another is i want it on 24/0 ill be switching to 18/6 in the next few days to weeks.

She(hopefully) went into the ground a week ago today.
    Heres some pics!

The bud it came from
    [​IMG]

The Plant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The box

[​IMG]

2. OH! what kind of nutes should i get?

3. #3 ZeroStar, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010

Foxfarm brand 'Grow Big' for veg. and 'Tiger Bloom' for flowering. 'Superthrive' is also good to use. You should be able to find all of these items at your nearby nursery. Call around first though so you don't spend too much time driving around.

You need to make sure you have at least 100 actual watts per plant when going with CFL's. Or to be more specific, 100 watts for the first plant and 50 watts for each additional plant. Good luck w/ everything!

*EDIT* I started off using Miracle Grow soil before doing my research. I have read on many threads that this stuff is no good. Too much fertilizer in it will lead to nutrient burn. I suggest you transplant into Foxfarm Ocean Forest potting soil. This is what everyone seems to be using with great results. I have not read a bad thing about it yet.

4. Thanks for the tips. I'll try and get that stuff later this week, and some more cfls.

UPDATE!

First things first, i have 2 new sprouts that went in the ground 2 day ago. :hello::hello:
    But for the 1st plant it went in the soil 1 week and 2 days ago.

there's a lot of new growth. let the pics show you!

:smoking::smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bump for advice?

6. Forgot to add one thing on my above post about switching soils. When you do switch to Ocean Forest, or whatever you decide to use, make sure you mix in Perlite at a 30% ratio to the soil. This will help to aerate the soil allowing better root growth and also drainage so you dont have water remaining too long in your soil which will permit mold growth. This is a must. You can pick up perlite at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. It is cheap.

7. Hey thanks! im checkin out your grow right now.

UPDATE!
    Pics maybe later but

My little brother saw lights coming from my closet so i moved the plants outside for a while.
    this thing is growing like a weed. lol go fiqure. its got atleast 3 or 4 leaf sets already growing one a day now.

8. The easiest way to prevent others from knowing what you have going on in a closet grow is to line the opening with heavy black plastic sheeting. Duct tape this to the inside of the closet and use velcro to secure the two pieces together in the middle part of the opening of the closet. See my thread, post #10 for a pic of what I have.

Just to give you an example of how well this works, yesterday a big pothead friend of mine stopped by and was hanging out with me in the room that houses the grow closet. We were in there for about 2 hours and he had no idea what was going on in the closet right next to him!

9. What ever happened to this? Did you have to kill the grow because of your little bro? Give us an update.

10. Sorry about not updating bro, i know its been like 5 months, but, I moved them in to what I THOUGHT was a secure enough area outside, which i quess it wasn't because they were gone when I went to water them, THE NEXT DAY.