Bagseed Adventures Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by suddath, Feb 1, 2017.

1. #1 suddath, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    I have a similar thread showing my grow area and plants in the micro grow section, but I thought I would officially make it a grow journal
    So here we go

I have 2 bag seeds that started on the first of January (popped from ground) germinated on the 26 of December 2016

Items:
    1 gallon pots (will transfer to 5 gal pots soon)
    Miracle Grow Organize potting mix
    Pearlite
    Fox farms trio soil nutrients
    Distilled water
    Ph testing kit
    150 watt LED UFO Light (Mixed Spectrum)
    2x 55 true watt (150 watt equivalent) CFL builds (6400k)
    2x 15 true watt (100 watt equivalent) led light bulds (2700k)
    20 watt aqua tank incandescent light
    Mylar foil
    Duct tape
    Auto timer for lights
    Small fan for circulation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are a week later
    There was a small accident so some of the leaves got bent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a week later after they recovered from the accident. They start their LST soon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are a week later just starting their LST and being topped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what they look like as of 2 days ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the current light setup

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. On those LED bulbs take off the plastic things covering the diodes those are also more like ~15 true watts not 100w, that LED grow panel is not 150 watts it is ~50w true power, the CFL is the wrong spectrum for veg but can work, and Incandescent lights are worthless in growing wasted wattage.
    I am not bashing you I am letting you know what you got wrong so I can help.
    You can still grow respectable plants with the the UFO, 2 55w CFLs, and the 2 15w led bulbs.

3. Well thanks for focusing all on that :) Now.... how do the plants look? (Which is the main reason for the journal)

4. Also PS any extra light is worth the wattage..... Light is light, less light is less light. If you need light then more light no matter how minuscule will help.. Also for the case of my wattages, the UFO is certified for 150 true watts and a mixed spectrum, and I have a mixture of daylight and warm light. I like to mix it up for my grows. This is my 3rd run in this setup. Hopefully they are some nice ladies with nice smoke. The last grow was sweet and smooth smoke :love-mj:

5. #5 BelowTheInfluence, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    A couple of them looking low on cal mag and/or potassium . Keep that CFL 3-5" inch close in veg ~2 in flower. What brand is that UFO, I might be interested in it if it is 150w?

6. Yea I noticed as well so I gave them some cal mag in last watering. Good eye
    Also I will try to lower CFL's and the UFO was made by a buddy of mines. He makes led grow lights in my town.

7. Man I must be fucking blind I didn't notice the black light is that what you are calling incandescent? If so it is only there for show since its a black light it gives literally no useful light, It is a fluorescent black light.

8. Lol it is not a black light. It is 6500k incandescent. And minimum but some light will reach. Hopefully

9. The growth is vigorous and they are looking lovely. No sign of any deficiencies, no unusual leafs, and I count 12 tops per plant which also have smaller tops growing along the sides of them. Hopefully they are ladies (fingers crossed)

Here are both plants
    [​IMG]

Here is plant 1
    [​IMG]

Here is plant 2
    [​IMG]

10. Here is an update on the hopefully both girls

Switched them to flower on the 7th of Feb

Here is the first
    [​IMG]

Top Shot
    [​IMG]

It's A GIRL!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you did not know this is my 3rd grow. First grow was 1 plant and it was a full blown male. The second one started out male, but hermied 2 weeks into flower and female parts shot from everywhere. I finished it off and got 26g of smokable bud so it was worth. Even though there were a few seeds

So having a female is ecstatic for me

Here is the other hopeful girl that has yet to show its sex. This is the bigger of the 2. It is about 4-5 inches taller.

[​IMG]

Here is a top shot.

[​IMG]

Still no sex showing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are looking nice though :)

[​IMG]

If you notice anything wrong with them please tell me :)

I am currently feeding them fox farm trio mix, along with a molasses and water mix in between mute feeding and straight water feedings. Feeding every day and a half to two days.

11. So today I got another 150 watt led light so each can have their own since they are getting pretty bushy. I want to get as much light on all these new tops. I am also training and bending the leaves to let more light down. I did prune some of the larger fan leaves to let light through the canopy. I also tried out lollipopping so the lower half is pretty empty.

[​IMG]

Here is what the lower half looks like

[​IMG]

One of them still has not shown sex and it is 9 days since switch. Hopefully it shows soon. I am getting worried
    [​IMG]

The other one is shooting pistols from everywhere
    [​IMG]

12. Both are girls first off!!!!

Next I started them under their scrip net for when they stretch during early flower.

This was made with 2 wooden garden stakes and a trellis made from some type of string I found in the garden section of Home Depot. Total was about $6

[​IMG]

Here is the plant that went into flower first. It is doing well, and started them both of their bloom boosting nutes along with molasses feedings in between nute day and water day.

[​IMG]

Today is molasses day!

Here is the plant that went into flower last. It is also the bigger of the 2

[​IMG]

13. Hey everyone. Just here with an update on the ladies

We are currently in week 3 of flower and the ladies are doing good.

[​IMG]

Here is a close-up shot of the first girl to flower. We will call her Flower 1 for now on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Flower 2 and the bigger of both
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Aw yea crystal formation has started

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I defoliate the girls at the beginning of week 4 of flower
    I am surprised at the resin production all over already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frosty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frosty

[​IMG]

17. Here are a few shots of the developing buds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Girl 1
    [​IMG]

Girl 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ok just got back from a 5 day vacation and the ladies survived! And they are looking amazing too :)

Here if Girl 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Girl 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. #19 suddath, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Gave the ladies a light deleafing a few days ago. Girl 1 has recovered fully and is plumping up her buds nicely

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her lower buds are ok. A little fluffy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Girl 2 is still staggering in her bud production. But she did show her flowers almost a week after the first one. So I'd say she is a week behind in production.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even her lower buds are developing nicely. Well the ones I did not lollipop away

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Also here is the clone of girl 2 that I took the second week of flower. It grew roots 2 weeks fully later and transplanted into soil. Here she is now growing resin all over the leaves lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]