bagseed 400w mh/hps

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by buddhasmoke791, Apr 11, 2013.

1. #1 buddhasmoke791, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    5 plants
    grow space 2'x4'x5' flat white walls
    400w MH dimmable ballast
    plants very between 4-5weeks old from sprout
    Plant 1 - was topped at the second node just to see what would happen normally i wait till about node 5 in a small pot .
    plant 2 - was just fimmed but at 4 5 node in a 5 gal bucket basic soil from walmart.
    plant 3 - i left alone no topping or fimming, looks too healthy and beautiful to cut and also the inner branches are growing fast and almost reaching the canopy this one is in a 5 gal bucket with MG soil. Considering doing an LST on this one or maybe just simply moing the fan leaves out of the way i never cut them as they are used as nutrient storage.
    plant 4 & 5 are in an old recvling bin about 15 gallons one had a little nute burn as a sprout fed o early but she recoverd slowed her down but shell get there.
    have the light 6-10 inches away at all times.
    have a powerful dual fan with and intake/exhaust switch(one of the fans you can close in your windows) have it on high sometimes on low to give the poor stems a break and focus there energy elsewhere.
    Have a small 5 inch fan setting on the soil of the recycling bin since the other plants hog the big fan to much air never hurt and seems to me when i circulate the air between soil and canopy the plant grows it new shoots between the fan leave n stem better.
    i bought some MG water soluable plant food feed them very little twice a week
    will post pictures in a bit just organizing the space a little better and cleaning some dust off the fan blades(pushes more air when you do this turns an old fan new)

have a 400w hps bulb im going to use for flower had to order a new one the one i had that came with the setup turned on once and ive never been able to get it to fire up since

questionscommentsadvice

have pics shortly

2. this is my second grow last time i grew one of some good bagseed vegged till about 2 feet then turned male:(

3. really no one? :(

4. quick update plant 1 that was topped too early is still looking healthy and growing fast along with plant 3 the others i that i have dont seem to be growings as fast the rest are in a cheap soil i bought(don't) think they like it. always have had healthy plants out of MG soil plan on getting something a little better next time around and have a seed starting cabnent build in the near future will post pics of ideas and supplies

5. raised light and let soild dry problem was too much water and too much heat they all look perky and happy now

6. Sounds like its going well now. Jeep it up!

7. thanks man!:smoking:

8. Ill be subbed

9. say what?

and will putting a bowl of water in the area help with humidity? i put a bowl of water in there last night and just over nigha good amount of water evaporated o i have to assume it works just not as well as a humidifier?

10. Works but keep the surface area large and have a fan mole over it

11. tried to switch to flower but neither of the 2 hps bulbs i have will fire i just dont get the problem mh works great but not a damn thing from the hps' left em in for like 5 hours and nothin n both hps bulbs are brand new
    picture update soon

12. started 12/12 with mh until i get new ballast or cfls...opened up the ballast last night and theres black tar residue allover the inside and that happened from it gettin to hot assuming from a capicitor or something the plant in the mg soil double in size since last week growing at an awesome rate it is now also starting preflowers i noticed a couple today the rest still need to veg

13. doubt it is the ballast if your mH is working in it. You prolly can't use HPS in that ballast. Is it a switchable ballast? If so, then it is the HPS bulb.

14. yea its switchable but i hve two brand new hps bulbs n neither work

15. Howdy there, just joined up nice lookin setup, are you able to come across an hps lamp?
    Or is it the ballast that's the problem?

16. First plant ever was a bag seed looked great til I had to give it away it sure bushed out nice though.....

17. Could be a ballast issue, or you may need to trip the breaker a few times.

18. Ill post pics of the growth tomaroow wen the lights on but i may just flower with the mh n see how it turns out also i plan on adding at least 100 w of cfl softs whites. 4 of the 26 watters to add some red spectrum not sure to make an experiment with just mh or play it safe by using 100w cfl in addition to the mh dimmed to 75% [300W]

19. But the obe preflowering loojs healthy n great n twice as big as last time i posted pics