Bagseed 40+ days into flower, need opinions/advice *several pics*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DankyNJ, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Whats up GC, :smoking:

I have a nice Indica heavy girl that is about 40-45 days into flowering. She is 51" tall and 42" wide. I need some advice on harvest. I've counted 32 budsites/branches so far which are all fattening up nicely. The cola on the other hand is fattening but just looks so far behind some of the branch bud sites.

Sorry I just missed the timers this am so the pics are all under the HPS :eek:. Its also feeding day so she is very droopy right now. Poor thirsty girl. :p

On to the pics.

Pic 1 - Front view in the flower closet
    Pic 2 - Cola
    Pic 3 - Stem
    Pic 4 - Random side branch
    Pic 5 - top of same branch
    Pic 6 - She's a bushy little girl to say the least, I dont believe in pruning, just tucking;)

I'm thinking at least another month, maybe sooner for some of the branches. But the cola is what is bothering me. It measures 9" long almost, and is fattening but a lot slower then the branches.

Oh - FFOF soil, Feeding Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom once a week with distilled waterings in between. Closet - 250w HPS + 4 150w Warm (2700k) CFLs for side lighting - temps ~70-75 at night and ~80-85 with lights on, ph 6.6-7.1 is the full range its been since in the soil...right now its around 6.7, feeding nutes today

All advice welcome!!!

-Danky:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. What do you mean by messing up the timers? That's not laughing mater.. And those leaves don't say indica.. Id would have cut off some of the lower branches not got getting any light a while ago. It looks way to dense.

3. "I just MISSED the timers" when taking the pictures. Meaning lights went on before I could snap the pix...

Cut off lower branches off that are budding and completely healthy?:eek: Ummm thats why I asked about a staged harvest...

I have plenty of side light for 1 plant and a 250w HPS overhead... I think my lighting is fine bud.

Anyone else?

4. #4 The Baked Ninja, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    lol oh sorry it's 9 in the mornin. No obviously don't cut them off now. I was just saying i would have a while ago. Don't mean to get on your bad side. I didn't say your lighting was bad just said your plant looks to dense. Looks great for bag seed. And about the staged harvest. Ive never seen your case before. Lost of times people will cut off the top cola and branches to allow light to penetrate to the bottom bud sites and alow more growth. I'm not sure about you wanting to cut off some of the side branches early and letting the cola grow. I would think cutting off the side branches would stunt the the cola but i.m not sure

5. Ah no bro, nuttin but love here. If I came across harsh at all it was not intended. :)

I appreciate anyone's input! I was just saying that I've got this big girl completely surrounded with good light and the branches are starting to fill out very nicely. But the cola isn't, or isn't to my satisfaction. :D

Also, the cola did get a little too close to my hps last week and a few leaf tips got burnt. It looks very slight, but who knows, maybe a little burn on a couple leaf tips stunted the cola a lil :confused:

6. *Shameless bump*:smoking: