Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

baggie vs jar for small amounts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by krunchie420, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hey gc, i come to you with a question about storing bud. i pick up about 2.5g-3g's every week cause my tolerance stays kinda low, the weed is pretty dank, and it's really all my budget allows haha. so the past few times i've picked up, i've noticed leaving my bud in the baggies or putting them in a larger ziploc makes the bud tend to dry out and become crumbly. i normally wouldn't have a problem with this, but since the bud is so dank i've actually seen crystals being left behind in the bag! i read on here that storing in plastic bags tend to make bud shed some THC and potency in general, and i don't want that. :p so i decided to clean out a glass jar and put my bud in there, but since it's a small amount, does it really make a difference? i mean, i tested it to be airtight, but i can still smell the bud! also, since the bud can come a bit dry, will storing in glass jars prevent the crumbs from sticking to the inside? because that was annoying when storing in plastic bags. what's your opinion on it :smoking:

2. Store all weed in a tin, the keef builds up, and you got something to roll your resin in or lace on top of some bud for a dank flavor and high.

3. get a different glass jar, mason jars are pretty good

4. Use those old plastic film canisters. Black with a grey top. Perfect. :smoke:

5. Mason jars, no matter the amount.

6. jar who cares even if it was a gram you want it fresh and don't want crystals to go on baggie right? baggies are for schwag and dealers only. Use a airtight container like a pill bottle

7. an 8 oz mason jar holds a half oz, so if you're picking up small amounts, get 4 oz mason jars and it'll hold about 7g's comfortably

8. I use a noxzema jar that's empty (obviously) and my dank stays nice and fluffy.

9. get a pollen box. Mine is a small one and it fits about a quart with little to no wiggle room. Usually I have to take a bud out and grind it. But that's ok cause I have a grinder that a 4 piece. So it collects pollen too.

10. Are those airtight? I've wondered about them before but never tried them out...I mean, I would assume they are because they have to keep all light out. :cool:

11. vacummm sealed jarrr

12. I've had this problem as well, i got a nice Lil glass jar that's airtight and i keep my dank in their, i also have another jar that i keep my high mids in (pretty good regg) i used to carry the Lil jar with me so its fresh not dry and smelling good everytime i pop the lid, but it always got me paranoid i mean a glass jar isn't that easy to conceal, so whenever i plan on going outside the crib i take the weed out and grind up a good amount and put in a pretty thick small plastic bag for on the go! Its already grinded up and easy to pack a bowl in short notice, and if shit hits the fan on the streets i wouldn't be mad at myself if i had to get rid of it

13. Most head shops sell glass jars with humidifier beads to keep your stash fresh

14. it depends how long u have it in there. So if u have it in there for a couple of days then i say its worth it.

15. airtight containers. they're not that expensive