bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GeorgeB, Apr 27, 2007.

1. are most all bag seeds male?? (im talking about nugget bag seeds) not that swag middies shit

2. all bag seeds, have a 33.3% chance of being male, 33.3% Chance of Female, and 33.3% chance of Hermie..(assuming that 99.9% of them will germinate)

and just to clear the air, there is NO evidence that Environment/stress has any effect on a plants sex (so there is no stressing a plant into being a hermie or male, they are already given their sex from seed...) stress will however stunt a growth and delay signs of sex (meaning a plant will appear to be one sex, but then grow opposite sex parts as it matures, delaying showing its true colors until the stress is clear)

3. this was ripped from cannabis -seed- banks.com ...........not saying i agree with it just thought it was of interest .......im with spittin4cash in i believe sex is determined allready by the x n y chromosomes ......................................

PERCENTAGE OF FEMALES
    From literature it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. For growers who are well experienced, percentage of female plants is 60% - 90% female, but less experienced growers can end up with 100% male plants. The environmental factors that, according to literature, influence gender are:

- a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - a higher potassium concentration will give more males (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - a higher humidity will give more females (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - a lower temperature will give more females (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - more blue light will give more females (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - Fewer hours of light will give more females (at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks).
    - In later stage, as you increase the light, the plants grow faster and show more females/less males. Sixteen hours of light per day seems to be the best combination, beyond this makes little or no appreciable difference in the plant quality.
    - Another idea is to interrupt the night cycle with about one hour of light. This gives you more females.
    - Spray dilute Fish Emulsion ( 1 tablespoon per gallon ). When the plants have three sets of true leaves, plus the top sprout, give them a wetting spray of Fish Emulsion. Do it once a day for three of four days. Top and bottom of the leaves.
    - To achieve 100% female plants is to expose young seedlings for several hours to an atmosphere of Carbon Monoxide. It doesn't hurt the plants, but it could kill you.
    - Treatment of hempseed with ethylene gas will increase the resulting number of female plants by about 50%. Ethylene is produced by certain plants (i.e., bananas, cucumbers and melons), and these can be used to treat hempseed in a simple manner. About two weeks before you plan to sprout the seeds, place them in a paper bag or envelope and put that in a plastic bag with the peels of a ripening banana or cucumber. Replace the peels after a couple of days, and change the bags to prevent mold.
    - When hempseed is treated with the female hormone estrogen, percentage of females that are produced will increase by about 10%. Dissolve a birth control pill in water and soak the seeds overnight in the solution. After the initial soaking, continue to treat the seeds by sprouting them on a paper towel soaked in the solution.

4. To achieve 100% female plants is to expose young seedlings for several hours to an atmosphere of Carbon Monoxide. It doesn't hurt the plants, but it could kill you.

so your saying if i did this no matter what i would get a female plant? thats amazing, so seedlings as in b4 germinated? or right after

5. Wow lots of misinformation in this thread. No all bag seeds are not male and they most definitely aren't 1/3 hermies. I have never seen it questioned that environmental factors can cause hermies. Not everyone who makes feminized seeds uses gibberellic acid to cause sex reversal. Tinkering with the light periods among other factors can most definitely cause hermie tendencies to express themselves in plants that would otherwise never show them.

6. I DONT KNOW M8 IVE NEVER TRIED ANY OF THIS I JUST FOUND IT ON THE NET AND WANTED TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT ??? ....PEACE