Bag Seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AceKush, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but I'm too high/lazy to use the search function.

I got 9 seeds from multiple bags I've bought, and I'm wondering if they will grow. My friend usually throws seeds out his window, and said one actually sprouted! He had to get rid of it, of course.

But can this be done? The seeds range from medium dark to almost black, which I've heard is the right color. I'm just going to be growing these outside, with as much maintenance as I can, but that probably won't be much. I'm not really worried about potency, these are mids seeds, and growing outside, probably won't be very good, but it's still weed.

So what do I need to know? Can this be done, how do I germinate the seeds, and how and where should I plant them to keep them alive with little maintenance?

2. yes your seeds are perfect color for germinating, there are tons of different ways to germinate but the most popular one is getting a piece of a paper towel, damping it with warm water, put the seed inside of the paper towel and fold it close then put it in a ziplock bag in a warm dark area for atleast 2 days before checking on it, you'll know it's ready to be planted when the little white root breaks the shell, its called a taproot

if you're going to be growing outdoors i would suggest letting them grow inside a plant pot for atleast 3 weeks so they'll be strong enough to handle nature then destroy the bottom of the bucket, dig a hole and plant it with the bucket going inside the hole, the roots will eventually grow out of the bottom and into the soil

make sure you plant them where ever the sun hits the most, maybe go outside for a day and find an area that gets alot of sun light and come back to that spot multiple times of the day and see if its still getting alot of sun light.

3. [quote name='"greenshaman"']yes your seeds are perfect color for germinating, there are tons of different ways to germinate but the most popular one is getting a piece of a paper towel, damping it with warm water, put the seed inside of the paper towel and fold it close then put it in a ziplock bag in a warm dark area for atleast 2 days before checking on it, you'll know it's ready to be planted when the little white root breaks the shell, its called a taproot

if you're going to be growing outdoors i would suggest letting them grow inside a plant pot for atleast 3 weeks so they'll be strong enough to handle nature then destroy the bottom of the bucket, dig a hole and plant it with the bucket going inside the hole, the roots will eventually grow out of the bottom and into the soil

make sure you plant them where ever the sun hits the most, maybe go outside for a day and find an area that gets alot of sun light and come back to that spot multiple times of the day and see if its still getting alot of sun light.[/quote]

Ah, a reply, thanks I've been watching the shit out of this thread lol. That is great! So what are my chances as far as how many plants will turn male? Out of my nine seeds, how many do you think with stay female? And I cannot grow them inside, that is why I'm growing them outside. I might be able to store one in my backyard or my garage, but it wouldn't get much sunlight. I just want the plant to grow, make a yield, and I harvest it. I don't care what quality it is, of course I'll try to make it nice, but seeds from mids aren't gonna do much right?

4. your chances of getting a female are about 50/50 on average but because they are bagseed I will give a bit of a warning/advice to watch out for hermies! It will look like a female & then 1 day male pollen sacs (balls) will be under the leaves/flowers until they explode & turn your sensi into seedy & reduce yields. As to your question about germination just sow them in the ground about 1/2"-1" and surround them (into the dirt) with something hard & plastic so slugs can't eat them! Once they are a reasonable size you can take your make-shift greenhouse off them

5. Seeds from mids will give you a decent quality finished product provided you don't use chemical fertilizers & dry and cure the buds properly. If you don't want the plants to get TOO BIG (10-15 ft) don't plant them until the end of May, or the beginning of June. Depending on the variety you could still end up with 6 footers, also make sure you plant them in a spot where they will get MAXIMUM sunlight during the flowering phase (fall where the sun general starts "fading" to the south). Keeping them in containers is a good solution if you don't know where the sun will be at what times in the season so you can adjust them as needed for maximum yields. You might be surprised what you can do when you grow yourself. Also container garden is probably safer even if you just do "raised beds" or something similar because your native dirt may be contaminated with heavy metals. Cannabis is good at absorbing heavy metals from the soil & you don't want lead in your smoke anyways.

6. [quote name='"NOOB187"']
    Seeds from mids will give you a decent quality finished product provided you don't use chemical fertilizers & dry and cure the buds properly. If you don't want the plants to get TOO BIG (10-15 ft) don't plant them until the end of May, or the beginning of June. Depending on the variety you could still end up with 6 footers, also make sure you plant them in a spot where they will get MAXIMUM sunlight during the flowering phase (fall where the sun general starts "fading" to the south). Keeping them in containers is a good solution if you don't know where the sun will be at what times in the season so you can adjust them as needed for maximum yields. You might be surprised what you can do when you grow yourself. Also container garden is probably safer even if you just do "raised beds" or something similar because your native dirt may be contaminated with heavy metals. Cannabis is good at absorbing heavy metals from the soil & you don't want lead in your smoke anyways.[/quote]

Well shit man... I've got some compost soil that has accumulated over the years. How will that work? Or better yet (maybe) I can get tons of soil from somewhere where something burnt down. Will that soil work better? I need the FULL grower's guide. I don't know how to plant, how to feed/water it, how it should be cared for, when it should be harvested, how it should be harvested, how the buds are cured, how to even remove the buds, nothing. I've seen and been in a grow shack (a good one) many times, but don't really know the work behind it.

P.S. I also want a higher CBD product, I enjoy the body high. How much longer should I wait for the THC to convert to CBD?

7. That compost will work wonders add some fish bone meal (or other high phosphorous fertilizer that's lower in nitrogen and potassium than standard growth fertilizer) during the flowering phase. I would use the burnt down stuff sparingly but you could probably amend the compost with it if you know the wood wasn't chemically treated. Do you want me to post a simplified version of what I'd say needs to be done to successfully grow the ganja outdoors? I can do this but it'd take me a minute lol. I'd say your best bet for a COMPLETE growers guide is the GrassCity forums outdoor guide http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-marijuana-growing/308969-outdoor-grow-guide.html Not everything is an absolute, especially if you said you have a good compost already to work with. As far as "feeding" your plants goes I'd say your compost will do the trick for the majority of it's life span, just add some high phosphorous soil amendment to it once you see the preflowers (small white pistils coming out of the corners of the branches). Cannabis doesn't like a soggy soil so make sure not to over water it by checking if your soil is still wet by digging a little bit (about an inch) if its dry under the inch give it a little bit of water (younger plants need less water than more established ones obviously). The best way to care for your cannabis is to LITFA or leave it the fuck alone lol. Always check your cannabis plants for pests and male pollen sacs as these will drastically reduce your yields & the quality of the finished product (seedy). Check out the outdoor section of these forums and also check out the organic section for ideas to save money while keeping your ladies as healthy as possible. "Nobody ever fertilized an old growth forest"