Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bag Seed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by keyser_soze, Aug 5, 2014.

1. #1 keyser_soze, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    Ok so I have some questions that I hope someone can answer.
    If I were to grow from seeds that I got from a bag of "regs", and the two plants I grew showed signs of being male in week two of flower(little rosebud shaped balls without white hairs) does this mean they are useless? The reason I ask is this; the weed they came from was fine and I actually prefer regs to dank kind bud but if they were buds why were there seeds in it to begin with. They weren't like just in the bottom of the bag with the shake they are imbedded in the buds. So if these are female buds and get u high how did the seeds get in the buds. And ultimately my question is if I were to keep growing them will they become what I originally got from the bag which is what I want. Are they hermaphrodite? And will still bud? Also some of the "sacks" that look like balls have turned into little flowers. Like the flowers growing on the very top. Light green and white.
    P. s. Please don't respond by telling me to grow dank purchased feminized seeds I just want the answer to this question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Jeffooo, Aug 5, 2014
    Hey Keyser, from the way you're describing it, it sounds like you have two male plants. If you only have males although, it wouldn't be a bad idea to hang onto them because they could potentially still be a hermi, you can also still extract small amounts of THC from the male plants for hash/teas, etc.

As far as the seeds in the bud, this occurs when a near-by male plant pollinates a female plant with those sacks that you see forming. This is why it is best to separate the males from females when growing.

You have the right idea though, nothing wrong with seeds from some picked up buds, I am currently doing an indoor CFL grow with some seeds that I got the same way, and things are looking really well. I made a Thread about it if you wanted to look it up under the Grow Journals.

Best of luck !

3. #3 keyser_soze, Aug 5, 2014
    Thank you for your reply! I'm only interested in smoking so my best hope is hermaphrodite is what you're saying? And that would mean that they bud but also produce seeds? Or are hermies only good for small amounts for teas etc?

4. #4 VeritableHypocrisy, Aug 5, 2014
    Every run I've done so far for personal use has been bagseed off of some random bricked crap. If it shows male flowers, it'll either be male or hermaphrodite. If male, I'd toss it. Herm? Well, depends on how severe the hermaphroditism. If it's mostly female flowers go for it.

I think the best option is to start more than 2 seeds from bagseed at a time, though. I generally start between 5 and 10 per run to pick out the best looking females and work with them. The rest gets fed to chickens. 

Also, the balls are male flowers. When they open up they produce the flowers you are talking about.

5. Yes I definitely should have done more for that reason. And will totally do that next time. I'm pretty much gonna toss em but one last question; if I start them outside and let them only veg a couple weeks can I throw them into the same growbox that my troubled ones are in or is that a really dumb question? What I mean is , assuming they're male should I not put newly 12/12 small plants in WITH them until I know what they are or not chance them being pollinated. Thank you for your reply!

6. The buds you got the seeds from had males around the females, and the males were able to pollinate the female buds and create seeds. If your plants are male, they will only create pollen sacks and no buds. If you had one female plant and harvested, there will be no seeds because there weren't any males around to spread pollen and create seeds. If you got a female from those seeds, the buds it makes will not have seeds unless there is a nearby male that was allowed to pollinate the female or unless the plant is actually hermaphrodite.

7. there are like millions of pics on the web, showing the sexing of Herb.  The little balls that turned to flowers says male too me.  Post a pic.

8. Ok thanks all.

9. My confusion was that I thought male plants made seeds. What still confuses me is that if the regs buds had seeds meaning they were pollinated and it's still decent smoke than what's the big deal