bag seed sprouted. hopefully i can keep it alive

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by frankenfish, Jun 15, 2012.

1. so i got a bagseed to sprout. i threw it in a pot on my windowsill that i have an apple tree seedling in. few days later i see it popping up through the soil. just today i moved it outside into my raised garden and planted it in like a 1 gallon pot burried in the soil for easy moving when it gets too big for that. i'll be updating this thread as it comes along. hopefully 50 degree nights wont kill it. and since i'm starting late, assuming it survives to harvest time, would i get anything smokable off it?

2. well it made it through 2 low 50's nights and its still looking good. getting full sun pretty much all day. gonna have to think of a new spot for it soon though. before it becomes recognizably a pot plant xD

3. If I were ever to grow, I would transplant it to a 5 gallon bucket, keep an eye on it for a few days, then tie it up in a tree (use a pulley of course) where it would be relativley hidden but still get sunlight. I would never grow though in my state because Jesus taught us that anything that is illegal is immoral.

I guess you might need to cut some holes out of the bottom before hand and with the pulley you can easily lower it to water and take care of the plant then pull it back up and fasten it safely.

4. Yea I got one seed giving to me last week so I thought id give it a shot and put in a baggie with paper towels and water and it sprouted two days ago. So I placed in small pot and it sprouted outa dirt this evening. Hoping things work for me this time.
    Tried before with several and they grew up to there second set of leaves but fell over cause there stems wer very skinny/flimzy.
    Hopefully I can figure this one out

5. If there really flimsy I believe that means its a sativa dominant. But it might be the other way around.

6. #6 frankenfish, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    freakin squirrels pulled it up 2 days ago. i got it back into the ground in time and its actually still growing good. no drooping leaves or anything. kinda surprised that its still alive after being out of the dirt that long. tomorrow its supposed to be in the high 90's here so im hoping it wont be too hot now. will try and get some pics tomorrow

edit: to clarify it wasnt out of the ground for 2 days. 2 days ago i saw it pulled up and immediately replanted it

7. seems to have it fine through these 100+ days. its loving this hot sun. here are some pics. it sprouted maybe 5-6 days ago. how does it look so far?

Attached Files:

8. seedlings can be flimsy. if it's getting enough light, it should be good. watch those temps at night.

9. germinating 2 more seeds, they're just starting to show taproot. considering throwing these down by a lake near my house where once the root gets down through the first few inches it should have a constant water source

10. got those 2 seeds in the ground a couple days ago. ones definitely coming up but the other something may have happened to. the one thats already started has lost its starter leaves and is growing its second set of pointy leaves. it seems to be growing really slowly but its definitely still growing

11. Very nice looking. I planted a regs seed in the dirt outside my house and it sprouted and kept growing through extremely cold temps. I didnt even put it in good soil or anything. Keep watering it and keep it in direct sunlight like you are.