BAG SEED SKUNK CHRONICLE!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chefrob15, Nov 4, 2017.

1. im a first time grower and I have been leeching off this site and others and decided to bite the bullet and attempt to grow my own medicine. im a Cali patient so I got a steady supply of shops around and more than a few with clones. but here is what I stumbled upon... I got some outdoor skunk and found a few seeds, 4 to be exact. so I said fuck it and germinated them in a paper towel. they germed and I put them in soil. im using Kellogg patio plus, the plant where they make it is actually about 5 min from my house. so I decided to try it without knowing nothing really about soil but seen all the amendments added. I put them in 3 different size pots as a experiment nd the one in the 98 cent 1 gallon pot did the best so far. I bought a Phillip's 75 watt agro-light and got them to start like that under my desk with a desk fan and timer set to 18-6. I started them with tap water and just sprayed them and I did the first watering on Monday when I got my mars hydro 2x2x5 tent kit with the 300 watt led panel. the tap water 8.0 ph. so I got it down to 6.0-6.5, I only got the drop kit to test the ph. but I just got the test kit and ph. up and down on Sunday. so I have been using the correct water since then. I noticed some little whit bugs in the soil and I showed the dude at gchydro a pic and he suggested go-gnats so I bought some of that. I put the plants in a tent with a 6 inch clip on fan, I don't have venting yet. im picking up 2 4 inch ipower duct fans tomorrow from amazon at usc. so I will hook those up. I have questions to ask to be able to pull this off. thanks in advance.
    questions.
    are my plants looking ok for 2 week from seed?
    what would be the best way to vent this thing?
    when should I start adding nutes?
    is kellog any good?

2. You'll have to post a pic of your babies if you want some input ;) down below you'll see upload a file

Also your soil... If it's not from a hydro store there's a good chance it hasn't been heated to kill off the bugs and spores.
    So expect some problems there. Your better off getting proper soil and a clone or two and start there or the problems will only get worse from here on out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m a first time grower and I just harvested my first grow last week and I’m about to put them in jars for curing and I gotta say, I used fox farms ocean forest soil and I got incredible results for only using 3 nutrients and I owe most of it to that soil, my buds came out frosty and dense, I was very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. ok cool, thanks for the responses. I got the soil from home depot. I think im going to get some fox farms ocean forest and add some perlite and re plant them. im going to get a couple of clone also. im going to try and have 3 plants in my tent and when I switch over to flower im goin to add another 300 watt panel.

Attached Files:

5. looking good . yeah switch the soil. youl thank yourself down the line.
    also your led looks a little bit close to the plants , just watch for discoloration on the top leaves . for seedlings depending how strong your light is .... id say 28-36 inches from top of canopy.

6. ok thanks for the info. I have my lights about 1 ft. from the top, should I bring it up higher? its a 300 watt mars hydro light.

7. little update. my tent is staying at a constant 79-80* and 49-52% humidity with lights on. last night I woke up 3 times during the night and temps were 72-74* with humidity at 52-55%. im going to get a humidifier tomorrow. but I have not put the tent in the closet yet, im going to take everything out of the closet and clean it with simple green. should I use something with less of a smell? I replanted the runt that was in the biggest container which was a 6 inch pot and put in a large carls jr cup that I cut in half. im hoping that this will help with growth. I drenched the soil on Tuesday with go-gnats and the soil was very moist in the big pot but I didn't see ant of the little white bugs that I was seeing. I replanted and checked the runoff from the new container and it was at what looked like about 7.0 and I checked the ph. of the water I had sitting out that was ph'd Monday and that was at what looked like 6.0 yellowish color not quite 6.5 though. im going to order a digital ph. meter and a ppm meters so that I don't have to rely on the color chart method. any suggestions as to where the humidity should be? or what I might be doing wrong because the seem a little small for almost 21 days from popping out of soil. I put a little dome to help the roots a little, good or bad?? good looking out !

8. yeah 300 isnt too bad but alwase start higher than you think and every couple days lower it by a few inches . plants dont like extreme change

9. #10 chefrob15, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    good looking out my friend! I will definitely read and print out!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ok so today I wen out and got foxfarms ocean forest soil, 8 bucks! if you live in the southbay area of los angeles and are looking to come up on soil $8 a bag. instore they were advertised as $16 and I showed them the internet price and they had to honor it!! there online price is $7.99 big mistake on there part, huge benefit on mine. I got 2 of them. I picked up the 3 part foxfarms nutes and some mycorrhiza to help with root development. I took the runt and added some mycorrhiza to some dirt at the bottom of the pot and then I took the lil runt and carefully allowed some of the soil to fall off and the roots were showing. they were browning.so I sprinkled a little of the mycorrhiza on the roots and put it back in cup and sprayed the soil also. I also misted the roots before sprinkling. if this one pulls through then I know where I fucked up at. I think I packed the soil to tight. im going to mix the soil with perlit and transplant tomorrow. I still haven't set up the closet yet. hopefully this week.

11. That soil from fax farms has lots of nutrients.. Be Careful read the labels and
    Hold off for a few weeks with the liquid nutrients and always start 1/4strength

12. 10-4 my brother! I transplanted the 3 week old seedlings that were struggling in the kellog patio plus and put them in 3 gal pots with mycorrhiza sprinkled around the hole. I also picked up a 24k gold clone and there was lots of root growth on the rock wool so I put in soil too. we shall see what happens. I got the foxfarms nut set and on the feeding chart it states that I can use big bloom from the start anyone ever use with experiencing nut burn?

Attached Files:

13. I finally got the tent in the closet. everything is still the same. I have a 4" inline fan I want to hook up for intake, but I read that if temps and humidity stay pretty consistent its not needed. then I also read that's it necessary. but right now with the tent in the closet my temp is 82* and 53%. if it gets any hotter I think I will add intake fan. I transferred the healthy seedlings and put them in 3 galloon pots with myco sprinkled in the holes. I got a 24k gold clone that had lots of roots throughout the rock wool and also put that in a 3 gal pot. I watered the soil with about 1/2 gal of water per pot yesterday. I have misted the top soil. is it ok to start watering like that or should I water till it slightly runs out the bottom? got 1 more seed germing right now, but im going to start it off in a red cup. I want to try and save these because I have put a lot of time into them. they haven't died, so in my eyes they might still be savable. but I do got the clone that I hope goes well, I have never went rock wool to soil. its definitely been a journey so far, I never knew growing anything so dear to me would be so informative! I have the pots on the floor and the lights are 24" form the tops. im going to see how they respond to the manufacture recommended distance and if to much stretching occurs then I will lower the light. they were transplanted yesterday and they haven't been to droopy. so im trinking they might like they myco and ocean forest. 24 hours might be to early to tell, I don't know. thanks for all the info!!

Attached Files:

14. #15 Thulukeman, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    I use ocean forest as well. It has nutrients in it. Sometimes too much for seedlings, but it shouldn't kill them. In the 3 gal pots they shouldn't need additional nutrients for around three weeks if not more. Don't worry about humidity so much untill your in flower. You should be fine where it's at now. Temp is on the high end but shouldn't kill them.

For the watering, did you add perilite to your soil? Since you have tiny seedlings in 3 gal pots you should only be watering a very small amount around the plant. 1/2 gal is a lot for such a small plant. It shouldn't need water for a while. Just wait untill it's dry before you water again. Once they get bigger you can water until 10-15% of what you put in runs out the bottom.

Your plants look small for their age. I wouldn't mess with them so much, like pulling them out and spraying the roots and what not. let them set up their root system and they'll develop

15. Thanks for the info. I did add perlite to the soil. 1 bag soil and 1 bad of perlite, 8 quarts . I’m hoping now that they are set in their final home and the room is all setup. the lights are at the correct distance now. Ihope now that they will start to show some growth.

16. ok so im going to attempt to do a training on this clone. I put the twisty in a hook shape around the stem and attached it to the pot. is this right? and I tried to fim the top, tried! haha. the plants are starting to grow now. I put a humidifier in yester day and the temps have dropped to the 77-79 range and my RH stays closer to 66-71 now and im pretty happy. I just have to stay out the way and just listen to what they need. I picked up a Vortex vtx 600 on cl for $20. that's one thing I saved on. I have good ventilation, I think. 4" duct fan going out and a 4" duct fan with ducting coming from the top port to deliver fresh air. its at the top port because my tent doesn't have bottom vent ports, only flaps. I have a vent open where the hose is at the bottom I have a 6" clip on fan inside the tent. so I think im just going to roll with like this. I also have to get a fan to put in the closet to circulate the closet. the door is always open, but I just want to be sure I don't attract any fungus or mold. what do you guys use for filtering intake ports. I was thinking a panty hose, but I have only seen that done for exhausts on dryers going outside.

Attached Files:

17. Grows lookin good, Google supercropping.

It's where you slowly bend and loosen the stalk and bend it right over then duct tape the bend. It doesnt even stress the plant then you tie it down to keep it down

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks man! It’s starting to look alive. I will research super cropping.

19. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    just a lil update on the girls. they are looking good.

Attached Files: