bag seed grow journal (first grow)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. #21 greenbudguy, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thank you! I think I'll try lowering them a little tonight. I just worry about them getting burnt

2. Couple more pictures of the girls(hopefully)

Attached Files:

3. So Saturday night I smoked and decided to top my 5 big plants and took the tops as clones. Here are some pictures. The new growth has been exploding. I was scared they'd go into shock but it seems that they like it. Clones are in my new cloning station trunk

Attached Files:

4. The clones were looking good this morning. I don't have any pictures of the clones but I'll take some when I get home. I'll also take some pictures of my cloning trunk

5. Here is my new cloning/seedling station. I have two florescent lights and a yeast CO2 setup in there as well. I'm working on building a fan for an exhaust but with the two lights on, temps stay around 74 so I'm not too worried about temps yet but I want to add more light

Attached Files:

6. Here are a few pictures of my girls (hopefully). After being topped the growth along the main stem has exploded. The leaves and new stems are growing amazingly fast. I am now using the full Fox Farm trio and switched the lights today to 12/12. The tops I just turned the lights on last night. I had them in darkness for 48 hours to start rooting. This morning I could see some of the clones are starting to come to life. The leaves aren't drooping anymore and the coloring looks good.

PS. I don't know why my pictures are sideways. Sorry

Attached Files:

7. If you look 4 posts up from this one with the pictures of the topped plants and look at the 4th picture, that's the same plant as the one in the first picture in the post above this one. I hope that made sense. I wanted to show how much growth has occurred and that was less then 24 hours between the pictures being taken. The growth rate has amazed me and I can't wait to go home and see what I find

8. The plants have really grown a lot again today. It looks like the 5 big plants each have about 9-10 branches forming off the main stem. Its only the 2nd day of flowering cycle so no signs of sex yet. I'm keeping a close eye on them all for pistols or balls. Hoping for lots and lots and lots of pistols. Here are some pics from last night.

Attached Files:

9. More pictures. Should I leave those huge leaves on or cut them off to make room for the new growth? Looks kinda funny to see these big leaves and the little ones in the middle haha

Attached Files:

10. IMO, I'd leave those big ones on for now, at least until the top set gets larger... until they can comfortably support there own growth.

Anyone else have advice, I'm interested as well.

11. Looks nice. I'm pulling up a chair.

12. More pictures. Should I leave the big leaves? Will they be a problem later on?

Attached Files:

13. Last night I had 2 little seedlings pop up out of some grow cubes that I got at the hydro store. I'm going to try and do a little micro hydro grow out of a coffee container. Already have it all built, just waiting on the plant now

14. So I woke up this morning to a horrible thing. I knew something was wrong before I even noticed anything. I could smell something burning so I jump out of bed and run for the fire extinguisher but I don't see any fire. I follow the smell to my plants.... my lights fell on my plants and they all broke in half and were burnt from the lights. A couple of the bulbs smashed so I had glass everywhere.... it was a horrible sight and now the month and a half of work is gone. I'm looking into maybe redesigning my set up but I haven't decided. I'm low on cash so I might not grow for a while.

15. #36 fattard, May 9, 2011
    My condolences mate. But a lesson learned always secure your lights guys. I never use anything short of chains.
    Stay optimistic I hope you will recovery will be smooth and your grow dank

16. its not for everyone

17. I'm lucky it didn't catch fire and kill me and my wife. I don't know what happened but I may just help a friend of mine grow instead of growing my own for right now.

18. #39 greenbudguy, May 9, 2011
    IMO? What's that?

19. lol. I was talking about the leaves i didnt read how the lights fell and fed up your plants!