bag seed grow journal (first grow)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. So I decided to start a grow journal after it being suggested to me a couple times. I got some seeds from a buddy of mine who had several plants in his back yard and somehow they got pollinated and he had bags and bags of seeds. I'm about a month into the grow from germation. They sprouted about the few days of April. 5 did at least and I decided to germinate another 4 a week later. I am doing a closet grow using CFLs and it is going great so far. They are showing signs of being a possible sativa dominant. I don't know for sure and don't mind what it is. I'm just having fun. I will add photos soon

Attached Files:

2. Foil has been removed and painted the tray and flat white. Its a coke tray I took from a local store. Most have tons in the back rooms and are willing to give them out. They work great for keeping plants on and moving them and they have holes so if you get a large plastic to go under, water runs right through the tray and away from the pots.

3. Any advice? Do the leaves look healthy? The new growth of all plants is coming in faster each day and are now starting to develope more leaves along the main stem where the other leaves meet the branch

Attached Files:

4. So last night I noticed that the leaves on one of my plants was starting to droop a little. I checked drainage and it was clear. I think I over watered them so I let them sit and this morning they were back to normal and even looked a little stronger then ever :)

5. looking pretty good man keep it up. The picture of the leaves was a little out of focus but i think they look alright. Have you been checking your PH or using any nutes? just curious

6. #6 greenbudguy, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah the Ph is around 6.8 or so. I'm using a little fish fertilizer and fox farm trio. I'm replanting soon into fox farm soil and

7. Nice dude looks like your a lot more prepared then i was when i started my first grow. Im looking forward to watching your plants grow

8. Here are a few pictures of them from this morning

Attached Files:

9. #9 greenbudguy, Apr 27, 2011
    I've been reading and researching as much as I can with any free time I have. Hell.... I'm working right now but I'm on here reading threads and posts to find out more :) wanna give my girls a good life in hope that they'll give me some good buds

10. Hell ya man ive been trolling on these forums for the past couple of months hard learning all kinds of stuff everyday about growing. Books are awesome and I owe a lot to The Cannabis Grow Bible but nothing is like hearing actual feedback and personal experiences from fellow blades.

11. #11 greenbudguy, Apr 27, 2011
    I read the Bible also and I learn more off here then I did in the book.

12. I have been reading like night an day, like a book worm on this.. I to am trying the CFL and making a Documentary lol. This would be my first soil grow i usually do the ponics thing. But Have yall heard about this?http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/728452-diy-ona-odor-control-bucket-cheap-easy.html

Im going to try this i think that this just might make a huge turning point in everyday indoor growing situations. Your plants haven't gone threw flowering stage so thats why Im letting y'all know.. goodluck mate

13. Couple more pictures from this morning also

Attached Files:

14. I'm going to be building a yeast CO2 setup. Hopefully increase the CO2 levels and my end yield of my girls

15. So I put together the yeast CO2 generator and set it up on the shelf above my girls. I actually ran the tube with the CO2 down and positioned it in the middle right above my girls. I also decided to switch them to 12/12 to begin flowering. I flushed them to clean out the salts and Nutes and started them on tiger bloom. I'm thinking about topping them. Can I do that in the flowering stage? Can I clone a plant that has some bud on it?

16. I'll add my two sense....they Pelli didn't get pollinated unless there's a male plant in his yard.. Therefore it's a hermie! Hermie plants produce hermie seeds meaning you'll have some seeds in your bud. But anyways drop this cfls 2 inches from the top of your plans trust me they won't burn I had a plant 1/8 inch from my 200 real watt cfl and it was fine

17. #17 greenbudguy, Apr 28, 2011
    I hope not. I think he was being stupid and wasn't tending to his plants much. He would only check on them every other week or so. He really neglected them so I wouldn't be surprised if he let a male grow and didn't notice it was male. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some lovely little girls

18. not to mention bees and other things could have helped with the pollination. Im not saying that thats what happened but its a possibility. I wouldnt automatically assume hermie

19. Looking real nice for your first run! I agree about dropping the lights down a little, it's worth it... thanks, Dialation

20. Here are some pictures from this morning. I transplanted them into larger pots into Fox Farm Ocean Forest and am using FF Grow Big and Big Bloom. Also a little bit of Miracle grow bloom booster but I'm going to be FF Tiger Bloom when flowering begins. I hope you like :) I'm proud

Attached Files: