Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bag of Trim, one tincture or two?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by IDKidea, May 2, 2013.

1. I acquired a grocery bag full of sugar leaf earlier today, and I'm going to use it to make an alcohol tincture. I already have my methods down, but I have an opportunity here.

I'll probably be using a kief-box/dry ice to separate the trichomes and plant matter, and only using the kief for the tincture itself.

But I have all of this plant matter leftover, with some trichomes still attached because no one's perfect. Should I run this with the rest of the material and not bother kiefing like I've always done, or should I do two tinctures instead of one where there's the much less bitter, purer kief tincture, and one "dirty" tincture that I can use or save for a later batch?

2. It can't hurt to extract the trim after you separate the kief. If you don't like it or its not potent enough just throw it out after.