Badly damaged

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Go Green!, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Should I just count my loses and cut both these leaves off? I don't see how it'd bennefit the plant leaving dying leaves attached :(

Attached Files:

2. Do you know whats causing it? Looks like maybe a nutrient issue.

3. Looks like light burn

4. Yeah I think it's a major nute deficiency. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it for awhile till I get some $$ to buy nutes.

5. #5 PNWClosetGrower, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
    That did cross my mind too but i haven't experienced it yet, the light burn. I have a little wind burn and nute contact burns on mine but it doesn't look like that at all.

6. So I cut the leaves off. No use in keeping them on when all they were doing was continuing to brown-up and die. I just hope it doesn't travel upwards to the newer leaves :( I've been keeping her on a light and dark schedule (more-so light) hoping the sex will be revealed soon.

7. Something to consider....you don't have to buy these $26 per bottle nute combo packs to grow pretty and healthy plants. Order yourself some "Jack's" by J.R. Peters. It's a water soluble powder (2 part formula...veg/bloom) that mixes up very easily and is super cheap. I got the veg/bloom combo pack for $14.99. For a person who's only growing 2 or 3 plants at a time, this would be more than enough to last a couple of years. I had never heard of it before but absolutely detested dealing with multiple bottles of chemicals every time I needed to feed. A grower friend of mine in Southern California recommended this to me after she had been using it for many years successfully. I've been using it for about 9 months now and haven't been happier as far as the nutrient side of things. Not even one burned leaf tip since I started using it and my plants have been totally healthy and happy. Hey, if you can get something that will do the job just as nicely for about 1/5 the price and money is an issue...like it is for just about everybody, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. LOL I would love to load up some pics on this forum but their data limit is so tiny that it takes me days to go in and resize them to fit, but I promise you that my plants are just as beautiful as those grown by users of anything GH or any other nutrient company makes and sells. So much of this stuff is just a racket to fill pockets. Heck, we're growing WEEDS here. LOL Good luck with your grow! TWW

8. the leaves are fine and are still providing the plants with food. The marks are splash damage and although will brown over time, won't spread

Or at least wouldn't have if you didn't cut them off lol

9. Not to mention sometimes i read if there's a lockout or a deficiency the plant will cannibalize the lower leaves sucking nutrients out of them and moving the energy to the top growth, if that's happening the plant will simply move on and cannibalize a different leaf for nutrients. That one read is the main reason i would wait until the leaf was near dead to trim it up. Is this good info, no idea. I read a lot and sometimes is good info and sometimes it's just bs.

10. I normally wait until leaves are 50 percent damaged before I cut them off unless its in the later flowering stages and the leaves are blocking the buds.

11. I very rarely pluck a leaf off. When the plant has finished with it, it drops it by itself and I sweep it up on clean up day (day after harvest day)

12. Still panicking I see...

13. It's so hard not to on your first grow, i can vouch lol.

14. please don't just cut leafs off your plant. It is beat to get your nutrients resolved rather than cutting off sick leaves. You are stealing more energy from the plant, and inducing stress to her that you don't need to be doing!

NUMBER ONE RULE:
    KISS
    KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

NUMBER 2 RULE:
    LITFA
    LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE

15. also, it won't let me quote goldgrower

But I agree with what was said.
    Let the plant naturally let the leaves fall off, do not pluck them off

Train them, bend them, tuck them, do whatever, just don't cut off your plants solar panels. There is a reason why she continues to create more leaves! She wants more energy so you can get fatter buds!

16. in addition to what Dazed said above, the leaves are very valuable when diagnosing problems. If you cut them off every time they show signs of ill health, diagnosing the real problem becomes impossible

17. Hey guys. Yes, still panicking lol. And I know cutting the leaves is a no no but they were becoming more and more damaged. I would like to get the line of Fox Farm nutes when I have the cash. Preferably something on the organic scale so if/when it comes time to dry and cure I won't have to flush.

18. The FF trio if that's what you mean? Is not all organic, only the Big Bloom is organic. FFOF is, so they say. That's what I have been using, your gonna want to flush before harvest!
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app