Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Badly broken leg- need strong pain relief

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bake n' shred, Mar 25, 2012.

1. I was hit on my motorcycle by a dumbass who couldn't make a corner, locked up his brakes, and smacked me. He direcly hit my left leg, shattering my femur, dislocated my knee, and screwed up my ankle. I'll post a real thread soon about it all and my results, but does anyone have any reccomendations for intense pain relief strains? Ive smoked a variety of topshelf quality buds, indica and sativa, since the accident and have found indicas more effective, but i am open to trying anything. The pain pills they have me on are terrible, and i simply refuse to take them unless I am in dire need. Its been 10 days since i was hit, and was in the hospital for 8 days. I recieved emergency surgery on my femur to rebuild and install a titanium rod and screws, then another surgery to repair what they could (due to swelling and the break) out of the 4/5 ligaments torn. I have another surgery in a week or two, and the pain is the worst ive ever felt. the leg muscles occasionally spasm as well, so i need a strain that combats that too. Any ideas blades?

2. As great as marijuana is, you're going to feel the pain from broken bones no matter how much you smoke of any strain. If you don't have to go to work and money isn't an object and you really, really don't want to take your prescribed narcotics, I would just make batches of potent brownies and eat 3-4 at a time to knock yourself out. But still, that will only get you so far.

3. That sucks bro. Same thing happen to me. Rod screws an pins femur knee an ankle. Also moved a few vertebra In my back. 06 gsxr 750. It was my baby. Stupid bitch wouldnt let me in They try to fill me with pain pills but flipped those for some good weed. Didn't really help much. U should look into edibles. Really help with the body pain kinda just numbs you out. Or some
    Some hash oils. Just regular weed wasn't really enough for the pain of broken bones.

4. try buying some bho or making some yourself my friend

5. No amount of weed will help that pain..
    You'd be bettter off taking whatever they prescribed you.

6. I recommend a strong extract from an indica dominant strain. try seeing what the local dispensaries have and see if you can find out if it was made from the bud itself or trim. if you are unable to get a hold of an extract, try making one yourself. buy a nice glass extractor (the plastic ones tend to be a bit cheap and i dont trust them since they may release chemicals) and find a strain that suites you well. Be sure that if you do take this route take the proper precautions or have someone make it for you since you may not be in the best shape to do this yourself.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and that this helps you relieve some of that pain:smoke:

7. This, unfortunately. Sounds like some gnarly stuff, I'm glad you're alive and well though.

8. Nose candy. That'll do.

9. I can't quote the article, but there seems to be a synergistic effect between MMJ and opiate pain killers. Maybe you can take a little less pain med and go with some edibles. Honestly though, when I busted up my shoulder, weed and beer only did so much - had to take the unmentionable for a couple weeks.

I would suggest having someone make the edibles for you and have them read through BadKitty's methods in the edibles section. Personally, I'd go with an Indica hash for the edibles and I would make the batch "hot" 0.3 to 0.5g hash per dose. If you're lucky enough to come across the high CBD strains like Harlequin or Cannatonic, I would certainly try those first (I've been trying to find them here in CA with no success yet).