Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Sometimes just quoting it is easier :cool:

2. BKS,. LECITHIN QUESTION:
    I am making a batch of 10 ml sprays using glycerine.
    I read where you suggest a half a teaspoon of lecithin powder to every 2/3 tablespoons of glycerine. I am using two ounces of finely ground hi-grade indica frosty buds and at least 2 cups of glycerine to cover. For this much glycerine (2 cups) how much Lecithin should I use? Same ratio? which is basically 1 to 10,...1 tsp=5mls 1 tbs=15mls 2 cups=500mls

3. BKS,. LECITHIN QUESTION:
    I am making a batch of 10 ml sprays using glycerine.
    I read where you suggest a half a teaspoon of lecithin powder to every 2/3 tablespoons of glycerine. I am using two ounces of finely ground hi-grade indica frosty buds and at least 2 cups of glycerine to cover. For this much glycerine (2 cups) how much Lecithin should I use? Same ratio? which is basically 1 to 10,...1 tsp=5mls 1 tbs=15mls 2 cups=500mls

4. [quote name='"420_Ozzie"']

Sometimes just quoting it is easier :cool:[/quote]

Thank you guys :)

5. Hey BKS!

I have been skimming around the thread looking at all your recipes and they look delicious! I was wondering if you have ever tried making canna chicken wings? I love chicken wings and was wondering what advice you could give to make my own bbq chicken sauce. Or maybe you already made a post concerning something like this.

BTW Whenever you do get your book published I am for sure going to be purchasing my copy!!

6. You can start with this: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...sandwiches.html?highlight=chicken+wings+sauce

7. I noticed in the hash capsules you didn't strain the oil.

I am making the capsules with herb and i was wondering if i need to strain it, or if i can just put it all in the capsules?

I thought i remember reading something about how flowers can upset some people's stomach and i just want to make sure.

The appeal to not straining is there wouldn't be any potency left behind in the cheese cloth while straining.

anybody know about this?

Thanks!

8. Hey BadKat! I've been searching the web and forums here (especially your blog!) to find the answer to a simple question of mine. What type of hash do you typically use when cooking? Of all the different types- bubble, dry ice, quick washes, even bho- which do you rank among the top when it comes to potency and difficulty?
    Been dying to attempt the citric acid extraction and wanted to do it with hash rather than herb. I also ask for future reference with all of these other AMAZING recipes you have unleashed upon us!

9. #1009 jkcole, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
    Although I'm not 100% sure on this, the main point of the capsules is to obtain the most potency into the smallest amount of material. By leaving the plant matter in the capsules, it would take up more room in the capsules. Meaning your capsules would be less potent, but you would have a larger quantity.

BadKat doesnt strain while using hash because it is already a very high percentage of cannabinoids and there is nothing to strain out.

I have also read that by leaving the plant matter in there, means that you are leaving whatever pesticides, or other chemicals which were used to treat the plant while it grew, in your capsules. Just an idea I have heard frequently, not sure to the truth behind it.

Lastly, if your extraction was done well then you should have no need to leave behind the old plant matter. Like BadKat says in her Medical Canabis Concentrate recipe, "sacrificing the left over material will make your concentrate much more pure and potent." It is basically like watering your capsules down, in a sense, just to obtain that last little bit of potency.

Hope this helps and isn't too far off! Good luck!

10. If u get a cookbook out anyway I can get one like signed from you ill pay extra?lol

11. well since i couldnt pm you ill just post my questions here:

Hey bad kitty, i just had a few questions about making cannaoil and i figured you'd be the best person to ask. I was wondering what method of is best for making it, using a oven, or a crock pot. Also how long should i let the bud simmer, i've heard longer at a lower temperature is better, but i've also heard that anything more than 15 to 30 minutes is too long and you will begin losing potency. Another question i have is would it be okay to use a toaster oven to make the oil as i dont want to reak up my house, i still live with my parents. Thanks in advance, your post has really helped me.

12. Oooooooooo,Those Chocolate Hash Bombs Look like they'll have you on your ass after about 10 minutes maybe less:D And they look super tasty!

13. Hey I also had a question. I know it wasn't an efficient use of bud, but I was in a rush. I recently(thursday) made 2 firecrackers each with about 2g of avb. Planning to use them saturday or so. I know leaving them out increases potency, but is it possible to rebake them a several times to maximize the thc extracted, or is that harmful to the end-result?

14. BadKat, I read every single page until page 36 or so (O.O). Wow this has made cooking myself up some great edibles way more efficient. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I hate the taste of smoking after the first 4-5 hits, so I prefer the edible method to recreationally use marijuana. The information here has definitely been very informative, easy to understand, and delicious. Thank you!

Anyway, to my question: I didn't see subsequent questions about this for your gummy recipe but in order to prepare the cannabis oil with the right concentration, I was wondering how much oil you would put into the gummy mix? Unlike most of your other recipes you left this one without a quantity of oil. Thanks in advance,

15. [quote name='"feist"']BadKat, I read every single page until page 36 or so (O.O). Wow this has made cooking myself up some great edibles way more efficient. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I hate the taste of smoking after the first 4-5 hits, so I prefer the edible method to recreationally use marijuana. The information here has definitely been very informative, easy to understand, and delicious. Thank you!

Anyway, to my question: I didn't see subsequent questions about this for your gummy recipe but in order to prepare the cannabis oil with the right concentration, I was wondering how much oil you would put into the gummy mix? Unlike most of your other recipes you left this one without a quantity of oil. Thanks in advance,[/quote]

Next time you smoke, pack a one hit bowl and take it all in...well, one hit:) that way you never will have to deal with the ash taste like you would if you packed a fat bowl and took multiple hits.

16. Check out page 66. She does a tutorial for hash, both smokable and for edibles.

17. [quote name='"ac3adt"']

Check out page 66. She does a tutorial for hash, both smokable and for edibles.[/quote]

Was wondering the same thing. How many post per a page do you see cause there's only 26 pages for me

18. Also, I have another question: I noticed in your pictures you used a gauze looking thing on top of the strainer. What exactly is that? I wanted to make sure I use the right tools when I strain. When I try your method of making canna oil, I'm thinking of starting with a relatively low quantity (1g to an 1/8th), would straining even be efficient at that level?

Thanks in advance,

19. Cheese cloth. Its at grocery stores, walmart, etc..