Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Although resin contains carcinogenic material it is high in THC. Also the THC will not be less potent, as it is still THC. You also won't need to decarb because it was already decarbed after you smoked it. You probably won't absorb a significant amount of carcinogens from eating it, possibly even less than normal smoking.

2. Just made some cannacandies heheheh taster super canna, so Much like canna they kinda taste bad lol gonna go buy some flavors tommorow and try again

3. heheh mate i made brownie pockets :p they are brownies but they turn out in a cool shape cause of this old cupcake tin my mum got from my great great grandma, anyway i got 19 little pocket sized brownies that are 1 dose each, the only downside to this batch of brownies is that i used the soy lecithin, now i know withought it you have to eat a higher dose but i found that when using it your high from it is shorter, withought lecithin my high would last 6 hours and then a about 3 or 4 more hours of body high with slight head high, with it in this batch i made, 4 hours complete mind body high absolutely gone then 2 hours of light mind high with moderate body and then another 2 horus of just body high no mind high whatsoever, now this could be the strain i used i dunno but yeah i was kinda dissapointed that the high does not last as long but for those first 3 hours after having spent an hour kicking in im absolutely blasted.

i think nextime ill just use withought lecithin make a small batch and also make another small batch with and then compaire the two. now all i need is 14 grams of dank bud to experiment with lol.

4. #924 Ben27, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    Ate three resin capsule about 2hrs ago and am buzzin pretty good. Had one yesterday to little effect though which is why I ate three today. I think I could have processed them a little better.and made them a little more potent if I used a bigger pan and spread it out some. I was usin a cup inside a pan as a double broiler with no thermometer, so I kept it just under boiling (after getting it upto a boil) for about 3hrs.then froze it for 8hrs and reheated and froze for a day and reheated again. But the resin tended to clump together and so didnt have as much surface area exposed to the oil as id have liked. It turned a dark tan color like coffee with a little cream when frozen, much darker wet. Tasted a little on my tongue, not as bad as expected, not good either but kinda like coffee.

On the other hand, I did have to throw the cup away :)

5. On some of the recipes like the truffles and the blondies, the baking temperature is upwards of 360 for 20+ minutes.

I know when you make the oil you don't want your temperatures to exceed 220.

So does baking it at high temperatures further break down and degrade your oil, leaving you with a less potent product?

6. It's so great to see the thread so active and being used so heavily (especially even in my 'rude absence' :p :) )!

Just wanted to quickly let folks know that I'll be back here shortly (before 4/20) with at least three or four recipes, for the upcoming occasion... I know a lot of people and patients this time of year are looking for recipes for their gatherings, and get-togethers. :hello:

Plus, I know that I mentioned this to Sheldon and a few others, I want to show you guys what's been keeping me so busy lately... so I'll be back with pics soon!

To answer about baking temps, here's a post from another recent thread on the same topic (in the brackets I've added to it)...

7. Thank you so much, very helpful!

And great thread! There are so many I can't wait to try :D

8. I wondered if anyone could answer this question for me? I have 10g of sticky buds I am going to experiment and make the canna oil with (and put it into capsules). It says to grind it up fine, but this stuff is like grinding something with honey drizzled on it and wants to just stick to everything (blades, mortar/pestle). It was dried well for 10 days and has been curing in a Mason jar for another week or so, so it is definitely dry enough (leaf parts even crumbly). Would this be more easily ground if I did the initial (dry) decarb first, then pulverized it some with mortar/pestle? How have y'all ground sticky buds successfully and without losing a lot of the good stuff (sticky)? Wife really needs this for migraines and insomnia. Thanks so much! I have another 190 g from the first plant/grow I've ever done (7 oz total yield), but I'd still like to avoid "wasting" any of her medicine. Thanks again!

9. #929 jkcole, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    My question is in regards to your easy citrus extraction/infusion. Would three days be ample time for the thc to combine with the acid (sorry my terms arent exactly scientific)? or should i use heat for times sake? The convenient thing for me would to let it sit which is why I'm asking

Thanks again!

EDIT: Also how much bud, rather than hash, should i be using with 2 tsp of citric powder? And what is the dosage you'd recommend for this?

10. Someone help me out. I have gel lecithin capsules at home, each one containing 1200mg of lecithin. The ingredients are... lecithin, gelatin, and glycerin. My question is if i can use this for edibles, and if I can, how should I add it in. I'm assuming that the gelatin part is the capsule, so if I break them open I'll have a lecithin and glycerin liquid. Could I add this to the butter or the de-carbing weed?

11. Quick question, how long is the shelf life of coconut oil after opening it? And should I refrigerate after opening? Main reason im asking is because I have a plastic container of it and the lid wont seal well anymore, if I try to tighten it, it just spins over the threading.
    :confused:

12. Coconut oil has a really long shelf life. I use it for so many things that it doesn't stay around for very long (I buy 54 oz container a couple times a year right now ). Coconut oil expert will be speaking about the benefits if you are interested at FREEDOMIZERRADIO.COM on Saturday April 14th at 4pm pacific time.

I use it to scrabble/cook eggs with onion and garlic :) Yummy. Spread on toast or bagels with cinnamon and honey........somebody stop me now :D

13. coconut oil does not go off, although you can buy rancid coconut oil if it was made from rotten coconuts but normal coconut oil never goes off. or if it does you wont have to worry about it for a few hundred years i beleive.

14. I made my wife some capsules with the "canna oil" recipe, using organic coconut oil, soy lecithin granules, 10g of lemony Northern Lights, and "00" capsules. I can't wait for her to try them tonight (for insomnia). I made 1/4 of the batch at "3 hour" strength (meaning I decarbed it (dry), then decarbed it in oil at 220F for an additional 3 hours with freezing in between), 1/4 of the batch at "4.5 hour," 1/4 at "6 hour," and 1/4 at "9 hour" strength. The longer it was decarbed definitely made the oil darker. We should get results from this and know which strength I'll need to use with a larger amount of NL. Thanks so much BKS!!
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

15. Turned the rest of my glycerin tincture into what I guess could be called pineapple sorbet. I had a pineapple sit out on my counter too long, which turned pretty soft. I didn't really want to eat it, so I put it through a blender. Added some sugar, water, and the remaining tablespoon or so of hash tincture, then stuck it in the freezer.

The pineapple pulp and sugar prevent it from freezing hard, even after a 24 hr stay in the freezer.

I'm not a huge fan of the frozen pineapple flavor, but other fruits (ie; strawberries, mango, lemon) could make a very dank sorbet.

[​IMG]

16. Nice! Great job using ingredients before they can spoil! :hello:

Using ingredients that, are still good and safe to eat, but have lost their original integrity or flavor, caused the invention of some of our favorite recipes, which we now generally whip up using the best ingredients possible (french toast for instance... although it's the same recipe, the Greeks beat them to it :p ).

Anyhow, we do similar in the summer :)

In part, it's also the glycerin which keeps it from freezing too solid!

I make Push-Pots ('push-pops', where you can buy the empty canisters to fill yourself... thought I'd already posted the photo tutorial and recipe... maybe in another thread with a similar request, I'm pretty sure it was one of the very first recipes I shared on GC but I could be thinking of another forum, too), CannaSorbets, and Potsicles, using both fresh, and over-ripened ingredients.

Last year I shared a quick method (photos-only) for making your own mini Potsicles, or ice-pops, using a few items you probably have laying around the house....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They can be enjoyed as they are, or they can be used for drinks, in cereal, or even chunked up and blended in ice-cream!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. So if I'm using about an oz worth of Sour Diesel, how much coconut oil could be combined to include all of that oz? Trying to make as many batches of cookies or brownies as possible with however much oil I can get without spreading the potency in the oil too thin. Cheers for all the help!!! :hello::Dc

18. #939 drhell2pay, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    Hi BKS!

I have a woman with leukemia (blood cancer) in my oil thread asking for help. I provided her with my knowledge, but you are the foremost authority on increasing aborbtion in the body (most of what I learned on this subject was from you) so I directed her your way. She's indicated she's not the most Internet savvy person so I am linking her to your thread. However, in the mean time, could you stop by and check out her post?

Here is where she has posted: http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...69718-how-make-medical-grade-hemp-oil-57.html

Doc

19. #940 Walter White, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I'd like to try a single serving of canna oil with .35 grams of ground bud in a small oven safe glass dish. I've had plenty of experiences with ineffective firecrackers so I want the oil to be as good as I can possibly make it. After reading BKS's canna oil tutorial, I feel like this would be the best recipe for a single serving of canna oil. Would this work?

Ingredients/Tools
    - .35 grams dry/ground bud (Coffee grinder)
    - Organic coconut oil (Enough to cover bud)
    - Soy lecithin (1:2 ratio to oil)
    - Oven safe glass dish
    - Aluminum foil
    - Separate pan
    - Large spoon
    - Freezer-safe container
    - Strainer

Directions
    Decarb
    - Preheat oven to 220 f
    - Place bud in glass dish
    - Double seal glass dish with aluminum foil
    - Decarb bud in oven for 20 minutes
    - Turn oven off and let glass dish cool in slightly open oven for 10 minutes
    Heat
    - Preheat oven to 220 f
    - Heat coconut oil in separate pan on stove
    - Add soy lecithin and then heated coconut oil to glass dish and blend well
    - Place glass dish in oven for 45 minutes at 220 f
    - Keep oven on and let glass dish cool outside oven for 10 minutes
    - Mash and stir oil with spoon
    Heat Again
    - Place glass dish in oven for 45 minutes at 220 f
    - Turn oven off and let glass dish cool inside oven until cool