Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I usually don't swear but, What the FUCK :eek::eek::eek:I need some of that in my life.

2. Alright, I just finished my trial with longer times.
    Here is how I cooked this batch....

3 hours @ 225f (with a stir every ~45min)

5 hour freeze

3h @ 225f

2h freeze

1.5h @ 225f

5h freeze

3h @ 225f

I just ate the first brownie from this batch.

I will let y'all know how they are soon ;)

3. Ok, 90 minutes in and there is no doubt that these are stronger.

My body chemistry is a bit different than most.
    (a cuppa coffee will make me sleepy)
    I will let some friends try them and report back later.

4. #624 BadKittySmiles, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011

Nice! I'm glad they worked out well for you, I was crossing my fingers a bit towards the end there (I was worried, on the chance your temps may be somehow higher than you could know), but it certainly strengthens my stance against the quick-fry methods :p

Every patient's body chemistry, digestion, absorption (and oven and canna/cooking supplies) will vary a bit, not to mention the desired outcome!
    So after a few rounds and trials, knowing the basics and getting the process down, it won't take you long at all to find the exact length of time that works best for you, that the gives you the exact desired outcome you're looking for (it's also why I recommend using the same tools, ovens, and oils for the first few rounds while adjusting time & temp, to eliminate extra variables).

Glad to hear you had success! :hello:

I'd do an alcohol extract personally, for the easy extra chlorophyll :) I'd say a gram and a half or so would last him 7 - 10 days, but you may be able to stretch it out further, or use a bit more depending on his needs and the level of relief it provides. Just take into consideration the size/area you need to cover, and once you've made your canna oil, dilute it with emu oil, and other 'skin-goodies' accordingly. :)

You can also make him a smaller, and more concentrated batch... you'll want to have him (or you can help him, if he's not able) work a larger space with the diluted batch, then isolate smaller trouble spots as needed with the concentrated batch. Relaxing the tissue surrounding the trouble spots, can help with the blood flow, and ultimately with providing pain relief, healing, and renewing/invigorating the central areas that are more problematic.

5. I'm a bit anal when it comes to stuff like this :eek:

I bought an oven thermometer early on ... just to be sure ;)
    Was using 8 cleaned grams from the same batch of weed.

The only thing I varied was my process ... just to be sure ;)

Once I found your method, it really blasted my potency up
    I had come up with a ~close~ approximation of your method.
    Was using a sealed canning jar, clarified butter and higher temps ~320f.

I believe that the biggest potency factor was switching to coconut oil
    I've tried clarified butter since using this method and was SORELY disappointed.

So true.

I've had issues w/my pancreas so I have trouble digesting fats
    My friends get much higher than I do from the same amount

I was expecting to be knocked out asleep from that brownie
    but my body chemistry has me wound up tight as a drum. :p
    kinda like the cuppa coffee this brownie had the opposite effect :eek:

I'm real anxious to let my friends try them now :D

6. I have some experimenting to do! :) Time/temperature wise!

7. #627 BadKittySmiles, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Just had conversation with another member and wrote a message worth sharing here, as well, I'll keep his name and situation private, because it is a somewhat personal matter... it's something I haven't had (more so, haven't thought) to share, as it's been a few years since the last request....

---------------

Hello there, thanks for writing, I'm glad you did :) I'm sorry to hear about (....)

I've long-distance treated a small handful of survivors and those living with colon cancer, with decent success over the years. It's a unique process, but here's what I usually recommend;

Glycerin cannabis tincture enemas ([​IMG]), and shellac-coated capsules, one in every third made with olive oil, two of every three pills made with coconut oil and butter.

Sellac is a food-grade substance, produced by a particular beetle. I recommend it, because it is easy to find food grade shellac in many hobby stores, and online, even at WalMart from what I've heard.
    It's used in everything from candy coating, to varnishing/coating wood! It is resistant to acidic ph, and can pass through the stomach unscathed for up to three hours, and breaks down more readily in the more neutral/alkaline ph of the intestines (within a few minutes of contact sometimes, depending how long it was in the stomach).

Using both an enema, and sellac-coated capsules, can very effectively treat both the upper and lower intestines. [​IMG]

An enema can be performed in a number of ways, with a number of store-bought and homemade solutions, from sterilizing solutions, to probiotic.. I'll let you both decide which is best, just search 'enema solution recipes', and add as much glycerin tincture and potency as desired :) Be sure you're very sterile when creating and bottling the tincture, as well as when creating any enema solution.
    Here's a website to get you started (just keep possible allergies in mind, and any new products should be tested on the arm, near the inside of the elbow!) Enema Recipes

For the capsules, you can find either liquefied food grade candy shellac like the product seen here:

Confectioners Glaze by CK Products

Or you can buy the chips/flaked shellac, heat it very gently with high proof drinking alcohol until it liquefies, evaporate most (nearly all) the alcohol. Just be sure the supplier mentions they are food grade (some have been processed with solvents, for more industrial-type use).

Then using a small soft brush, quickly paint your capsules with your shellac, just as you would with the above pre-made lacquer. [​IMG]

Make at least three to four coats, letting each coat dry adequately between painting, but you can experiment with more to increase the delay. If you're quick, you can 'dunk' them as well. :) Just remember to let them dry on a different side each coat, so you don't wind up with a thin shell on one side, and a thick shell on the other.

The above, is known as an 'enteric gastro-resistant' coating. It allows a medicine to be encapsulated, then pass unharmed through the acidic contents of the stomach, where it me be delivered in-quantity and intact, to the duodenum and small intestine. But treated and untreated capsules may also be used as a suppository (this is also particularly useful for patients diagnosed with prostate cancer).

edit - ** A tip (hope he reads this! I'll msg him again if I don't hear back first) to prevent the capsule coating from melting in the mouth, before it even reaches the stomach, the capsules should be taken with a glass of 'strong' orange juice or lemonade, or even a sip of an acidic cola, rather than water. Don't let the capsules linger in your mouth for long, and prep your mouth first with a sip of your acidic drink before taking the pill/s (if you don't already sip first naturally). :)

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

8. Do you know if they sell pre-Enteric coated capsules?

Could I empty out a cheap probiotic type enteric capsule and refill it with canna product? I'm thinking maybe not, since there would still be a 'seam'.

Do you know if this method has any additional help towards an IBS/chrons/candida conditions? I imagine so.

Thanks BKS! I'm about to try my first glycerin extract! The info in here is gold :)
    Thank you for sharing. Be sure to post a link to your book when it gets published. I know I would buy a copy!

9. Hi BKS,
    I have been following your thread since the pages were in the single digits, and love your attention to detail, and the scientific breakdown of the material. I made your hash capsules and they turned out awesome!
    I am wanting to make a bunch more of your recipes, but all of my trim goes into my closed loop bho extractor. I have limitless amounts to deal with, and would like to know if I can use it for your recipes.
    I have about a half ounce of bho that I extracted into grain alcohol that I can't whip into budder that my patients prefer and would love to be able to use for some of your recipes. It is fully purged and the alcohol is fully evaporated and can be brought back to a liquid form with more alcohol.
    I appreciate any feedback you may have.
    Thanks!

10. Alright.

That last batch was pretty freaking potent
    and had some fairly unexpected effects :eek:

I was expecting to get a good nights sleep from these but they had the polar opposite effect. There was NO WAY I could sleep on this batch of brownies, at least not yet. They were so energetic that my friend 'A' asked me if I put any amphetamines in them :p. (his body chemistry is similar to mine) The come up was very intense, with cold body chills and energy surges up and down my spine. Now this speedy effect lasted for about 3-4 hours then it changed into a more traditional stoney high.

Other friends didn't get this speedy come-up that 'A' and I got, and this brought up an interesting theory regarding the addition of the soy lecithin.

With the other shorter cooks I added a bit of soy each time I stirred the oil. Which was only 4-5 times. Since I was going to be stirring much more often I only added the soy to the round of heat before the first freeze and didn't add much more soy after that. Thinking that it wouldn't make any difference. :p

I now wonder.

Was the soy the cause of the speedy effect?

Was the speedy come-up a result of adding the soy early in the process?

Would the speedy effect have lasted had I continued to add the soy through out the cooking process?

Since I'm dealing with a personal chemical difference. The only way to know if the soy had any effect is to do the exact same process minus the soy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have happened?

Another addition to this that's worth mentioning.

Since i started using BadKats method, I stopped using regular weed and primarily use AVB and the vapor resin from the weed.

Basically what I do is save the AVB. Clean my vaporizer tube/bowl every other day or so and save the resin. Once I have ~35g of AVB I add all of the resin and AVB to the oil.

So, in theory, these brownies should have only had the heavier cannabinoids and shouldn't have had any speedy effect at all. Hence my surprise and suspicion of the soy being the cause of the speedy effect.

11. Is that a gram and a half of pre-extracted bud/trim, or a gram and a half of BHO/EtOH-extracted-resin/hash?

Excellent idea, and one I'd never thought of - simple practices like this are why the experts are the experts, and the well-read are simply the well read. You do an outstanding job of teaching (and, on a completely different subject, photographing) your art.

Clewlessnewb

12. ..........................

[​IMG]

13. I just want to thank you again badkitty. This time around I did not skip any steps in making the oil. I used coconut oil and lecithin. Works wonderfully. It was fine before in butter without lecithin, but its even better now.

14. #634 midnittoke, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    I couldnt find powdered lecithin locally, so hopefully the soy lecithin tablets I found will work.. Removed gel inside and began adding 4-5 tablets to a batch of oil.

- edit: after 30 min. Decarb and 40 minute initial heating at 225F. Then freezing for an hour.

- edit: after 40 min at 275

Attached Files:

15. #635 midnittoke, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    Wouldn't let me add another photo from my phone? O well, im an hour in and it's a string body high.. Feels so good :hippie:
    Yumm

Attached Files:

16. BKS, thank you so much, been following this thread and have successfully reproduced your Cana Oil methods, much to the delight of my buddys.

i was wondering if I have missed the writeup on mouth sprays from tincture. just made a batch following your directions and I licked the spoon. Now I can't wait for a week to pass.

17. Dilution, yes, that was what I was wondering about, i got some 5ml glass atomizers to try, will report back with the results, but last nite's "licking of the spoon" kept me buzzed for about 2 1/2 hours.

I'm thinking 72% isopropyl alcohol will work for dilution, have a health food store by work, will have a shot at adding some flavorings into the spray.

thank you BKS

18. Iso is pretty toxic. I am not 100% sure but I would bet you shouldn't be vaporizing it. By alcohol, she means a high proof grain alcohol, the higher the better.

19. Ah, so Everclear it is... that shit tastes nasty.

20. Ah thank goodness you saw my message, I am glad I caught it so fast. Would hate to see a blade injure themselves or waste precious canna/hash :) Hope your tincture works well, Merry Christmas!:smoke: