Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Well hello everyone :)

It's been busy in here! But I think everyone's pretty much taken care of business
    and had their questions answered, and I'm pretty sure I've replied to most of my
    mail. Sorry for my absence, I still try to poke my nose onto the boards to at least
    read a few times a day, and answer in threads that have been overlooked.

Anyway, I'm sorry I've neglected you lately, this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/general/930884-gc;-who-am-i-where-should-i-live-next.html
    may help a little to explain why.... it's a little more personal than I usually get on the
    forums, I talk a bit about myself, and my past, why I use canna, and what I
    experience day to day. :)

And a recipe to reward you for your patience... the long awaited jerky tutorial :hello:

-Canna Infused Beef Jerk-

[​IMG]

I have a few health and digestive issues... many days, especially if I've been
    particularly ill, or if I'm too weak at the moment to whip anything up in the kitchen,
    jerky is all I can stomach and manage to put into my system! So, especially when
    dealing with nausea, I'm a little particular (ie. a perfectionist :p ) when it comes to
    how good it tastes.... the below is my personal recipe. :)

It tastes GREAT, with or without canna!

There are several ways you can make it; if you'd like some canna-free, and some
    infused, simply wait to add your canna oil and tincture until the coating phase, and
    only coat certain pieces. (Make sure you remember which ones!) If you'd like it all
    infused, you may include your oil and tincture in the marinade, in this case just be
    certain you use enough meat and that you baste frequently enough, that you're not
    left with any potent 'juice' after your final basting/coating. I like to do both a potent
    marinade, and potent basting. :)

If you enjoy jerky, once you've made your own, you will NEVER want to waste your money at the store by buying it pre-made, ever again!

Between you and me, my favorite part of any jerky is the rare bit of fat. So I tend to
    leave a fair amount in my jerky, and you can feel free to either trim off or leave as
    much as you like.

------------------

[​IMG]

Makes enough for 1 lb, or 6 oz (+/-) dry-weight

'Smokey Original' Beef Jerky

You will need:

- 1 teaspoon, strong hash oil

- ½ teaspoon, strong hash tincture *optional (no more than ½ -1 tsp; if only using one source of potency, go with oil)

- 1 lb, of you favorite cut of beef (I use large roasting cuts, sirloin tips etc., but any cut will turn into great jerky)

- 1 Tbsp crushed/grated fresh ginger

- 1/4 cup soy sauce

- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce

- 1 tsp red wine vinegar

- 2 tsp crushed onion

- 2 cloves, crushed garlic

- 1 tsp oregano

- ½ tsp ground grains of paradise (or black, or cyan pepper; your choice)

- 3 Tbsp brown sugar

- 2 Tbsp white sugar

- 1 tsp liquid smoke

- 1 tsp honey

- ½ tsp salt

- pinch powdered rosemary

* An Oven, or Toaster Oven

* Meat Tenderizing Mallet

* Saran Wrap

* Oven Bags, for storage

* Food Grade Desiccant Sachet

----

I sometimes prefer to quick-wash my meats before any type of cooking, I fill a large
    mixing bowl with cold water and a little salt, then dunk each section in and give it a
    squeeze under the water, then pat it dry. I do not do this for sanitation purposes (it
    would do little good if your meat was very contaminated, or 'that' far gone) but it's a
    good way to prep a meat for marinating, and depending how talented the butcher
    was, and how good your local grocers storage methods are, quick washing can be a
    lifesaver when you have a pack of meat which smells a little too 'red'. Towel dry
    when finished, or skip entirely and move on to the next step.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wrap your sections cleanly in plastic wrap, leaving no folds, 'tucks' or creases between the meat and wrap.

Partially freeze.. this makes it very easy to cut, later on.

[​IMG]

While your meat freezes, crush and mix together all other ingredients, -except your
    glycerin tincture, hash/canna oil, and honey-.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reserve 2 - 3 Tbsp of the resulting liquid from your marinade, in a container that you
    can refrigerate. This will be mixed with your honey, oil and glycerin, later on. (You
    have options.. you can marinade it all together and use the marinade to baste, or you
    can reserve all your canna oil and tincture, for only the basting phase. I feel it is more
    sanitary, not basting with the remains of the marinade, but I have basted with the
    marinade many times, without trouble.)

Tip- Later on, before adding your glycerin and oil to the basting sauce/marinade,
    heat the reserved basting marinade and honey until it is just warm to the touch, and
    allow your canna oil to melt in it while whisking, adding the glycerin tincture last.. if
    you used coconut oil, it will remain solid unless gently heated this way.

Once your sections of meat are relatively stiff and partially frozen, you can remove
    the sections from your freezer individually, unwrap them, and begin slicing them
    down to size, while removing excess fat... you will want them long and wide enough
    that you can arrange them easily, and about ¼ - 1/3 inch thick.

Once sliced, sandwich several pieces of the cut meat between layers of saran wrap,
    take your mallet, and begin pounding the sections until they are relatively flat.

[​IMG]

Add your slender slices of meat to the larger portion of the marinade, not the
    reserved few spoons. Once all pieces have been added, cover the container they are
    in, and set in the refrigerator for two days.

You could technically begin drying in as little as 8 or so hours, but I MUCH prefer
    the flavor and texture produced by a good long marinade. If you only want to
    marinade for a few hours, I suggest only refrigerating for half the time desired, and
    then allow it to finish at room temp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

40 or so hours later....

[​IMG]

Once you've allowed your meat time to take on the flavor of the marinade, drain and
    either set aside the excess liquid (particularly if you used a canna oil/tincture in the
    marinade itself), or discard it. You are going to want to towel-dry the meat, using a
    clean lint-free towel, or sections of paper towel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------

[​IMG]

Pre-heat your oven on its lowest setting, usually 170 f.

---------

Keep in mind, that this is well above the recommended safe temperature for cooking
    red meat, and still 5 degrees higher the required temperature for chicken. Your meat
    will exit the oven safe and sanitary at the end of this process, which can not always
    be said of meat or jerky dried in food dehydrators, some of which are incapable of
    reaching temperatures above 150 F.

----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once you have toweled off excess moisture, arrange your pieces so they are not
    touching each other on your oven racks. They can be close; you just don't want
    them touching.

[​IMG]

Only keep your oven entirely shut for the first 30 minutes.

After that, leave it propped just barely open, on either the last 'setting' just before
    being closed, or (if you have cats/animals, and that's a little too-open) by folding
    your potholder and wedging it in the door, using it to create an inch-or-smaller gap.

----------

Prepare your potent basting sauce, as described earlier in the tutorial. You may use
    the marinade the meat soaked in if you like, but if you're concerned, or if your fridge
    isn't exactly 'up to code' (clean!) you may wish to consider using only the few
    spoons you reserved and set aside, earlier on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

One and a half, to two hours later

----------

In two hours or less, you will want to begin basting. Your meat should not quite
    look leathery yet, but it should clearly be a bit dry. Using a pastry brush, or even a
    small section of paper towel, 'baste' each piece of meat. You should have enough
    sauce to do this two to three times over the next hour and a half. If using the
    remaining marinade, you will be able to baste to your hearts content, give or take :)
    Be sure you allow an additional hour of dry-time, after your final basting.

First dry, pre-baste

[​IMG]

Third basting...

[​IMG]

Finally dry...

[​IMG]

In a total of four to five hours, from the point you began drying (it can vary
    depending on the temperature and humidity of the room, and the time of year), you
    should have finished jerky. :)

Turn off your oven, and allow it to 'rest' inside a few moments.

[​IMG]

Bag it with a -food grade silica desiccant sachet-, and, leaving the bag open, set
    the bagged jerky in the oven for an additional 15 or so minutes at 200 f (sterilizing
    the bag, re-sterilizing the meat inside on the chance it came into contact with anything
    between drying and bagging, as well as the silica desiccant sachet which can
    withstand temps of 250 f during 'rejuvenation').

Finally, seal it up while the bag is still nice and warm, and store it in your cupboard
    for up to two months, or in your freezer for several years! You may use ziplock bags
    if you plan to consume the jerky within the next few weeks. Home made jerky is
    said to have a shelf-life of two to three months, but I'd still suggest eating it within a
    month and a half just to be on the safe side.

[​IMG]

-------

Additional recipes for jerky...

Makes enough for ¾ - 1lb

-Teriyaki Jerky-

[​IMG]

- Canna or Hash Oil

- Glycerin tincture

- 2/3 cup soy sauce

- 1/8 cup mirin, or cooking sake

- 2 tsp rice vinegar

- 4 Tbsp brown sugar

- 5 spice powder

- 3 coves crushed garlic

- 2 Tbsp crushed/grated ginger

- 1 Tbsp crushed onion

- ½ tsp grains of paradise or black pepper

- optional, few drops liquid smoke.. go easy, or it won't taste like teriyaki anymore!

Prepare ingredients, dividing marinade if desired for basting, and use as directed in the above tutorial.

--------

Makes enough for ¾ - 1lb

-BBQ Sauce Jerky-

[​IMG]

- Canna or Hash Oil

- Glycerin tincture

- 3/4 cup brown sugar

- ¼ cup scotch or whiskey

- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce

- 1/3 cup ketchup

- 1 Tbsp honey

- 1 Tbsp crushed onion

- 2 cloves crushed garlic

- ½ tsp cayenne pepper

- ½ tsp mustard powder

- ¼ tsp ground black pepper

- optional, few drops liquid smoke.... go easy, or it won't taste like BBQ sauce anymore! :D

Prepare ingredients, dividing marinade if desired for basting, and use as directed in the above tutorial.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy :)

2. Holy canna bananas batman :eek:
    :yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

3. Yummm, that jerky looks delicious!

BadKitty, I know you are not able to do as many recipes as usual at the moment, but if you get a chance I am really hoping to see the recipes for body lotion and lip balm. It would be helpful even if you just wrote the directions if you can't do the pictures at this time. Hoping you are feeling better and life is going better for you soon!

4. Awesome thread, everything looks so delicious! I'm going to be making cannaoil soon following your guide, I'll be sure to report how it turns out. Do you have any good banana bread recipes? I was planning on making the oil and just putting that into my favorite banana bread recipe.

5. Thanks for stopping in guys :)

I have a few recipes for different topical treatments, I was considering saving them
    for the book (if I can ever get the funding to make it happen) but I may share one or
    two here pretty soon to help the folks with various circulation issues, localized pain
    and skin ailments... it may be useful where the seasons are changing, and our bodies
    are readjusting :)

I'll share just the topical blends that are also edible, just to keep it on topic here :p

If you already have a favorite, that would be the one I'd use :) That's the best thing
    about canna and hash oil, it's versatile... you can use it in just about anything you
    already enjoy, and if you make it concentrated enough but with coconut or another
    oil, you can even still use the type of oil or butter the recipe calls for traditionally, in
    addition to your 'special' oil. :D

-----

This came up again in another thread, earlier today. So I just thought it was worth sharing
    here, too, since the question, 'why shouldn't I use water when making butter/canna oil',
    comes up so often. :)

" Here are some things to keep in mind; cannabis glandular material is not readily
    water soluble
    , adding water is counter productive to the process, and (especially if
    you feel using water is necessary) you must 'activate' or decarboxylate the
    glandular material first! [​IMG]

This is why the experts recommend using not only butter alone, without additional
    water, but that patients should use clarified butter, which has had its water content
    and milk solids removed.

'Activation' causes the conversion of your cannabinoids from their less-active acids
    (THCA), to their more potent delta forms, with delta-9-THC being the more potent
    product of decarboxylation, and then the (much weaker) delta-8-THC being the
    product of extended age or prolonged heating and degradation.

Decarboxylation, in simple terms, is the process of removing the carboxyl group in
    the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor. It occurs when we vaporize or
    combust (smoke) our material, and it occurs slowly over the course of time as part
    of the natural aging process, which is why we jar our material in a coold dark place
    to prevent it from happening too fast. It can also be caused to occur more rapidly, in
    a dry warm environment. ;

[​IMG]
    If you happen to forget to activate your material when breaking down your glandular
    material in a pure, dry oil source, with such a small amount of moisture in question
    remaining in the material, activation can still eventually occur in a reasonable amount
    of time, in much the same way that under more extreme conditions a slice of potato
    becomes a fry, or eventually a chip.

However, in the same way that boiling a potato in water, does not dry it out, boiling
    your cannabis glandular material in a watery oily mixture, before activating it, not
    only reduces your solvents ability to break down that material, reducing
    bioavailability, but it makes it nearly impossible to become active, before the
    material progresses to degradation

[​IMG]

When using water, you're left to choose between either stopping short of the full
    process, leaving you with less-than-bioavailable and partially inactive material, or
    you must drag the process on, and expose it to unnecessary amounts of heat, which
    ultimately causes degradation in the earliest material to become available long before
    promoting absorption in the rest.

The below is from a previous similar thread...

"Adding water to the mix was originally used as an old fashioned and ineffective
    attempt at controlling temps, when in reality, the material is being directly exposed to
    the heat source from either below (or in the case of a crock pot, the sides).

Controlling temperatures can be accomplished much more easily and much more
    effectively by either using your oven, or by fashioning a double boiler from two
    pots. The water is placed in the larger of the two pots, the smaller 'floats' on the
    water.

This provides an actual buffer between the heat source and your valuable potency,
    all without diluting your solvent

You should never dilute your solvent, with water, this drastically reduces the
    efficiency of the glandular break down, and it drastically delays and prevents
    activation from occurring (activation or decarboxylation should also be performed
    first, anyhow).

This is why the experts recommend using, not only butter alone, but clarified
    butter, which has had its water content and milk solids removed.

Water brings in loads of inert (ie. unnecessary/impotent), and unpalatable plant
    matter such as bitter salts, wax and chlorophyll into the resulting oil, while leaving
    behind a great deal of potency in the trichomes which, due to the water content,
    were unable to break apart and free the glandular contents within.

That 'waste water' when using older inefficient methods is also full of still-potent
    hash
    , which many people (who still use these outdated recipes), simply pour down
    the sink! [​IMG] What you're left with is an only mildly-potent (or, less-potent than it
    could have been) oil, that is much, much too green and 'flavorful'.

This is why the water-butters of the 'old days', required heating for 15 - 24 hours!

Your oil ends up with mostly chlorophyll and bitter salts, while (just like making
    simple ice hash, as seen below) much of the still-potent and now oily glandular
    material, heavily sinks to the bottom! When I started moderating ten years ago, and
    helping patients even before that (and when I start contributing at any forum, or with
    any new group of patients), it consistently takes all I can do, just to get some
    patients to at least incorporate this water into their recipes.

It's much easier to help folks today, where it's becoming more well-known that these
    water methods are outdated. But before just a year or two ago I would be
    'e-crucified' ( [​IMG] ) for mentioning the word 'decarboxylation' and suggesting that
    water shouldn't used, because it's diluting the solvent (oil) and reducing its efficiency." - BKS (in response to) cannabutter with 1/8th

Hope this helps! [​IMG] "

6. that jerky just looks so damn gooooooddddd

im going to be smoking a ham for thanksgiving (in athens greece with no americans), making a smoke house just for that, and i think i am going to use your recipe to do some jerky too....there will be plenty of room for a bunch of that!!!

one thing i dont miss about the states....the butcher. here you can go a couple blocks away and get the best freshest meat of any kind cut just for you...

your recipe will make the meat really happy :)

just cant share for thanksgiving LOL

7. I can definately say that not adding water to the butter mix definitely makes better butter ;)
    I use bubble hash to make my butter/oil for cooking
    I add 3 grams of hash to two sticks of butter
    I only have to cook it for 20 - 30 minutes on the stove top & it's good to go ;)
    I make 36 chocolate chip cookies... Recipe says 48 :rolleyes:
    And half a cookie is a pretty good dose :smoking:

But when I made it with budz and water added it was just not as good ;)

8. It would be even better if you didn't cook it on a stove top with a quick fry method. If you cook the oil properly you might be able to get that 48 cookies with the same strength. Also, I hope you clarify that butter first, if not it still has water in it.

9. I cant be the only one who looked at this thread and thought about getting some friends together (with A LOT OF WEED) and making alll this and having the feast of a lifetime.

10. :hippie:BadKat, that was an awesome post. So informative and on point. I made my cookies using your oil method two days ago and if you ask ME BUBBLEDUSTY on here (and his friends) they were very happy, lol.

They were all eating them and saying, "Woah you can't even tell these have weed in them". "You could give these to anyone and they'd say they were some good ass cookies, even someone who knows edibles couldn't taste the weed". Great compliments!

I used 10 grams of bud, ground it up in my food processor. Put it in a pan and covered with coconut oil (pre warmed on the stove top). at 210 following your directions with that method. I filtered the oil through a silk screen (very fine) and added it to my own cookie recipe. Man, space cookies isn't even the right word.

We had them at about 1:30pm and he PM'd me about about 6:30 pm with.....

:hippie:

haha.

Great tutorials. Keep them coming!

As far as getting published. I'll PM you, I can help.

11. I made the canna caps (with the lecithin) and made some canna butter the other day. Basically I clarified some butter at the same time. Then I just followed the rest of the recipe but subbed the butter for coconut oil. I used 15 grams of keif to 1 lb of butter and it made some dank butter and some even danker brownies.
    I used 7 grams for my 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil. Those canna caps are the bomb. Thanks bad kitty, you're the bomb as well.
    Peace , Sticky.

12. I don't know how your calculator works :confused_2:
    But... according to my statement above it looks to me like in reality...
    I get 72 cookies from my 3 grams of hash :eek:

Since I make 36 from the 48 cookie batch and only need to eat a half of a cookie that comes out to... let me see... cuz I don't use a calculator 2*36... carry the one... uhmmm... yup.... 72 doses from 3 grams of hash :eek::cool:

I guess I'm doing something right :confused_2::hippie:

13. I'm glad you just made that post about using water to make oil/butter. I used my trim/popcorn buds from my last grow to make bubblehash. After straining out the good stuff I noticed a 'sheen' on top of the water. It was poured down the drain, with the water. I had been thinking about it since then and I just figured it was a terpene/compound that was still an 'oil,' but was also still a liquid at almost freezing temps. I didn't want to waste this terpene when I made an oil to eat. You posting this post, right before I was planning on making oil got me off my stoner ass and I made some proper oil.

I used to do the crock-pot with water and oil/butter. I don't know why I would put the water in. This time I did the method described in your post about making canna-coconut oil from dried herb.

I used about an oz and a half of some really fine homegrown, The One x Blue Moon Rocks, organically grown, cured for about 2 months. I added a 1.5 cups of coconut oil, and a handful of lecithin caps, emptied out. I didn't have the granular, so I just squeezed out some capsules. Added about 2 tbsp of the liquid. I followed the recipe to the "t", except I added another baking period after the freeze period. I figured it could use a little more heating time. I used a really big dish, which probably took a lot of heat to get up to temp, and I am a mile high in elevation. That was my main thought in baking it somemore. After I baked it, I refroze and then strained.

[​IMG]

Looks nice and potent. You think my adding another bake/freeze will do anything, either good or bad?

14. I have searched the forum unsuccessfully and do not feel the need to make a new thread to clog up the forum only to have you answer the question. That being said:

What is the best way to make green dragon using bacardi 151? (as it is the highest proof alcohol I have access to)

Thank you

15. The other day I tried your recipe for the Canna Oil which I used to bake some brownies. I used about 2/3 cup of vegetable oil and an eighth of some pretty dank purple (kush it looked like). I smoked a bit and it was made strong so I know it was good. The brownies turned out okay, although they did not get me as high as I expected. I used them as a aid to push my smoking hgh over the top, but on their own they didn't do much.

Do you think I decarbed for too long (about 25 minutes until they were dry and crumbly)? Or maybe I just need to add more weed? Also the color of the oil didn't change much. I think I will combine a little more than an eighth of some strong green then mix that with some mids. I plan on mastering this before Thanksgiving so I can use my Canna Oil and Canna Butter in my recipes, LOL!!!!

16. #516 BadKittySmiles, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011

Hello there :) On the surface it sounds like everything should have been ok, but just a few questions;

What kind/brand of oil did you use? Was the herb very fresh, or was it good but older mids? How exactly did you heat the herb and the oil, for how long, and did you freeze between the two heatings? And how much would you usually smoke in a session, or over the course of a day?

We should be able to get to the bottom of this, long before Thanksgiving. :smoke:

----

And that does look like a good batch of oil, Stankie! It's best to err on the side of caution, but if you feel like your container, or the volume and distribution of your oil caused it to heat up a bit on the slow and gradual side, then additional heat and even a freeze is a fine idea (I sometimes do a second freeze, if I feel I may have been a bit impatient with the first). The oil should begin to darken quickly after your first freeze, if it hasn't already.

With different appliances and containers you may have to tweak your timing, so it's a good idea to stick with one container every time you do it, at least until you get it down. Then you'll get a feel for what needs to happen once you do change your volume and container. It can be a good idea to pre-heat the oil right up to 210f - 220f on your stove top using a candy thermometer, before combining it with the decarbed material, subsequent heatings can be performed several ways using your best judgement.

When working with very large volumes (several liters or gallons, or more), bringing the oil up exactly to the correct temperature before combining is more necessary, just to keep the time it's in the oven, double boiler or pressure cooker more reasonable, and to help gauge roughly how long the herb has had contact with the oil from the point it was first fully heated.

There will be times you have emergencies, or you need to stop short and compromise... if you keep having interruptions, and you need to complete the process over the course of a few days or a week using multiple little heatings while freezing in between, that's fine too.

The way and order we process our oil, just seems to be (for us, and for a good number of patients) a reasonably fast way to achieve good results, without causing too much degradation. Processing much faster tends either to degrade potency, or it leaves the oil less bioavailabile. If you have to change your order or drag the process out, you're better off doing that, than you are trying to rush and speed through it by increasing the heat (which leads to degradation of cannabinoids before a better level of bioavailability could occur). I feel like this method gives people some breathing/learning-room... if anything goes a little wrong in either direction, you shouldn't be completely disappointed and out of luck once you've finished making up your medibles.
    Like I mentioned earlier, it's better to err on the side of caution... this way, you're more likely to find that your oil has improved in strength after being frozen and stored for a few weeks, than you are to find that you've degraded your potency right off the bat. The longer and more gentle the process, the more quality potency you're likely to capture, and absorb.

In the end it's the same basic process and it will vary very slightly for everyone. Even besides different processing tools being used from one patient to the next, the desired outcome can vary as well... one patient can be very satisfied with the medicinal value of the same batch of oil, that leaves another person disappointed, and yet another person overwhelmed or 'greened out'.
    Under-processing and only partially decarbing may not be as powerful, sedative, or overly narcotic, but it can give a very racy 'up' and lucid high that can't be achieved with fully, or overly activated material. These types of experiences and sensations can be accomplished by multiplying or over-consuming the normal equivalent of your usual dose, in the form of material that is still somewhat bioavailable, but under-processed/activated. If you under process and over-consume, a different range of partially activated cannabibnoids and terpenes can be absorbed.... in 'standard-sized' doses they don't do much at all, but when isolated and multiplied, they can have powerful effects.This is why people who consume many grams (or even several ounces) of thoroughly hand-pressed hash can exhibit near-psychotic behavior, sometimes reporting hallucinations.

Then, certain elderly patients, some folks with MS, Parkinson's, and certain other frail people, often need large doses of medication, but don't desire the more 'fun' sedative, or the mind-racy effects. These people should avoid any type of heating all together, and in fact, must even be careful with freezing their material, to prevent inadvertent decarboxylation.
    Even in what we consider to be their 'inactive' forms, the potent components of our herb in their acidic forms (THCA etc) have a wide range of medicinal benefits all of their own, that you can only access in large volume without intense sensation, if you can manage to promote bioavailability without causing much activation... in this way, you have THCA, not to mention CBDA, CBGA, CBCA, all the lesser cannabinoids, and the vast array of anti-mutagenic and otherwise therapeutic terpenes. This requires VERY different processing and requires about a month or more to perfect. Then once it's finished, allowing it to sit for too long in a warm environment can cause inadvertent activation, increasing its perceived potency, as well as storing it in temperatures that are too cold (which draws moisture and carbon dioxide out). If you use hash, make sure you made it yourself... a common rapid-sifting method is performed using dry ice, this can cause some activation.

From another post, where a member mentioned his parents needed medicinal benefits, without the (to us) 'enjoyable' effects....

I'll be back soon with the tutorial for the alcohol-extracted canna oil tutorial. This is for those folks who'd like to concentrate their potency without making a dry-sift hash, but it can also help those folks wishing to utilize some of the 'lesser' portions of the plant, primarily chlorophyll. Bottles of chlorophyll can run from $10 - $50 and more, so we may as well take advantage of that produced by one of our favorite plants. :D Chlorophyll can be great for digestion, for good breath, and it's fantastic for certain skin conditions. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I whipped these up the other night for a few guests; we went through several strong pots of tea, and an entire batch of canna cashew tea cookies :hello:

The cookies are smooth and buttery, but crispy, crunchy, and rich, and just a bit smokey from the roasted cashews. Even after being warned, we had a few incidents where people couldn't help but try to eat an extra cookie or two. Ultimately this led to us pulling out the sofa beds for an all-nighter. :)

If you're making something especially tasty, try to make an 'unadulterated' batch as well as a canna batch.. this way you (and your guests) can satisfy the urge to indulge and snack on a particular, specific treat, without over-medicating!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. #517 GrowKnalij2017, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
    I used the Walmart brand of vegetable oil :(, but next time I plan on using Crisco or something of higher quality. I'll probably try to make some "Canna Shorterning" because I use that in my chocolate chip cookies and pie crust (which are AWESOME BTW).

The herb was semi fresh and was pretty potent.

I decarbed the green by placing it in a 200 degree oven (Fahrenheit) for about 25 minutes (I smelled some weed, but I figured that was normal, but not much). I then placed some warm/ semi hot oil in the oven dish over the weed. I then sealed it with foil and put it back in the oven for a total of about 1.5 hours.

Next time I will follow your method to the "T" but I'll also use a bit more green, because based on your pics, my herb to oil ratio looked a bit off.

Now my tolerance these days has been pretty high (I actually need to take a break to bring back down a bit). Typically I smoke about 1/4 oz. every 1.5 weeks. In one session? Normally two well packed bowls.

18. I am totally excited for your alcohol extracted recipe. I'd like to perfect mine. My father is now taking my oil as well for his cancer. Its in full metastasis now, all over his body, but very concentrated in his digestive track. It required some heavy dosing and I couldn't play around with getting him used to the feeling. I need him sedated to sleep through the pain. It's been almost a week now and he's doing better. His wife (my step mother) tried to back off his dosing though because it put him in a groggy coma.

Just wanted to add this, because sometimes patients need the THC to be activated heavily in order to treat the pain and the disease.

I'm so stoked for your oil tutorial. I'll definitely try it!

19. Very true... Highly activated cannabinoids are much more frequently demanded for, by most patients, not to mention by nearly all recreational users! :p

It's why we've been concentrating on (or trying to at least touch on) activation in nearly all the tutorials, for the most part anyhow. Encouraging a complete level of activation, with as little degradation as possible, is crucial for many financially strapped patients. They often need to try and squeeze as many powerful doses as possible, from as little material as possible, and can't afford to make any mistakes that can't be reversed.

Just lately though, maybe it's the increasing awareness and acceptance we're seeing, but lately we've been having an increased demand from hesitant patients, and from even the family members of potential patients, all wondering about the possibility of an effective medicine that allows them to increase their dosage (sometimes drastically), without leaving them feeling "over-medicated". We're starting to see a lot of interest from a new crowd; a nice little group, comprised of people who are opening their minds, after previously thinking they would never touch the stuff! :hello:

It can allow patients with frail or weak dispositions and aggressive cancers to bombard their bodies with cannabinoids and beneficial terpenes, without becoming as overwhelmed by the sensation as they otherwise would be, from such a large volume of material. If the glandular material is not broken down and bioavailable, it will still go in one end and out the other without providing much benefit, but when those cannabinoids are broken down and bioavailable, they can remain inactive while being absorbed, all without overwhelming the patient quite as easily.

Certain oil sources can also be used, to change and direct where the absorption actually takes place; larger chain triglycerides (contained in lard, palm oil, canola oil, olive oil and more) will be absorbed lympatically in such a way that largely bypasses the liver, while oil sources comprised mainly of medium and small chain triglycerides (coconut oil, butter etc.) allow for greater deliver through the liver.

Anyway, with all the interest, I figured that it was about time that I brought up the value of what we consider to be 'inactive' cannabinoids, here in the Pharm. :)

If the herb was pretty fresh and potent, try decarbing at 220 f, for 20 - 25 minutes. Once your timer goes off, shut off the heat but leave your herb inside another 8 - 10 minutes to continue activating, until cooled... a total of 30 - 35 minutes in the oven, counting cool-down, should do it. Make sure it is ground very finely, and spread very thin.

Try to avoid using lower quality oil sources, your body has a way of turning its nose up to lower grade oils in general, but certain types of oil (as mentioned above) can even dictate how you absorb your potency, and where it goes once it is absorbed.

We use clarified butter and coconut oil, because their medium and small-chain fatty acids allow for more-rapid delivery of cannabinoids to the liver, where they can be converted even further to more potent forms. Most common oils (canola, palm, etc) and most store-bought shortening/s, are comprised of long-chain fatty acids or triglycerides, these so not allow for much, if any conversion in the liver to take place. (Shortening is tricky though, because it can refer to any solid-at-room-temp oil however.. so go with coconut oil, or clarified butter instead of the store-bought palm oil based shortenings, and you should be set. :) )
    Decarbing causes cannabinoid conversion from THCA to THC(D9-THC), but the liver causes conversion from D9-THC, to11-OH-THC, which provides more pronounced, and more powerful sensations.

As far as dosage goes... make sure that in a single sitting, you eat around the equivalent of the amount you'd normally smoke in a single session, or a single day if you are a regular/heavy user. If you smoke heavily and are already in need of a T-break, then you shouldn't expect the 'new and overwhelming experience' that those who only smoke occasionally, can achieve from an edible. If you feel you're having difficulty getting where you want to be while smoking, then it could be for the best that you take a break, otherwise, you should take your suggested dose based on your usual intake, and go from there. :D

Hope this helps. :)

20. Awesome well-educated post as usually BadKat. I look at it this way. Every one of us who is openly sharing information and educational instructions with the public on how to do this and even better, how it really works is a soldier for truth against the tyranny of a system designed to take money from those who are suffering.

You're exactly right, many more people are opening their eyes. I believe it's because the system's failures are in a very bright spotlight and as more and more people realize that it's greed that feeds the system, more and more eyes and ears are open to change. It's a growing fire, this truth and it needs to spread.

For being another soldier on this front, I thank you. As we help others heal, we gain new soldiers. My hope is that the swell grows so big, it tears down the system.

What are your thoughts on Hemp Seed oil to augment? I use both hemp seed oil and coconut oil (because of your suggestion).