Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Another godly post. I'm amazed.

2. Thanks that does help very much :) I just have one more question ( for now ) does the coconut oil affect the taste of your edibles? Cause if not I will definately start using it but if it does I will have to use something else cause I can't stand the taste of coconut

Thanks again for all the detailed useful and all round great information you put out for free :)

3. Hey Badkitty, I'm about to start work on my tincture for an ecig and I'm trying to figure out dosage, iv got about 1.5-2 grams of hash and 2 oz of trim, I know you said 1 g of flowers to 1 oz of glycerine but im wondering if there is a conversion rate you can give me between flower, trim and hash. Thanks.

4. Absolutly love your reciepes but jesus, can i borrow a few hundred grams of kief!? lol my kief comes from the grinder from what ive smoked.. and it inturn gets smoked pretty quickly.. i need a farm... lol

5. :hello: We luv ya Kitty! Ty Ty Ty
    SnowL

6. hey im back ive been messin w ur pills since i first posted had digestion/tolerance issues etc.

anyhow all that info badkittys givin out is spot on. i started making the pills bout a year ago usin various online methods till i stumbled on badkittys method. now if i follow hers im able to get my dose down to about .6 of bho which is like 2 pills. i used to eat 1.5 grams plus to get weak effects so this is a huge improvement for me.

always real careful w temp/time
    use mct oil
    always use lecithin
    dont take pills on empty stomach

that last one is big so much so that i wont take the pills unless ive eaten at least 1500 calories already that day or i can end up gettin terrible diarrhea!

7. #447 meduser180056, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    "In every step of the way, in order to prevent the loss of potency via vapor escape, you

MUST wait for your sealed container to fully cool, prior to opening."

How important is this really?
    It's probly only part of your recipe that I don't follow to the T. I do it sometimes when I have plenty of time, but didn't really notice much difference. Since it adds time to the process and I'm often out of pills and trying to whip up a batch round dinner time that will be ready to take later that night I usually just skip it. I also don't really understand how the vapor once released could get back into the material? You heat up the material so maybe the vapor is contained within your foil wrap but once it cools it returns to its source material or what? Anyhow not tryin to be an ass I know you have tons of experience so if you say its so I'll take your word for it.

Also I don't always use the oven sometimes I prefer to jus use a hot oil bath on the stovetop and I monitor temps with my infrared temp gun thingie. I shine the laser right on the material I feel like I get a more accurate temp this way then with a candy thermometer. I'm constantly tweakin it when it's on the stove to keep it right. I submerge a shot glass filled with my bho and mct oil half way in the hot veggie oil when I do it this way.

I want to start trying your mixing of oils for better digestive absorption I think thats a great idea!

8. #448 LurkMode7.62, Sep 20, 2011
    okay, questions from the uninformed--how fine do you break up your herb before kiefing? and you just lightly rub off the outside trichomes, you're not applying any real pressure, right? It's not like you're grinding the herb on the mesh sheet...
    some things I know about, but hash is one of those things I'm ignorant about. I'm a trained chemist so I can follow the chemistry and the decanting and the like, but my hands on time with cannabis is extremely limited.
    and unfortunately for now, all this knowledge is going to have to stay theoretical until I can get to an MMJ state, or beat down the state authorities into accepting the MMj legislation we keep trying to get through. Yes, we're more stubborn than they are :)
    and one of these days I'd like to sit down with you and Granny Storm Crow and figure out the best ways to work around issues with coconut oil, I'm on a strict limitation of lipid intake due to familial hyperlipidemia and a lack of a gall bladder.
    It's amazing how much you guys talk about that parallels what I picked up in biochem :)

9. if you ever get together with kitty and granny, i would love to be there too!

they are 2 of the coolest people in any of these forums....

---

my personal note on kiefing...

i dont grind up to make kief hash, it puts too much green material in it....i just shake the buds over a screen...

but i do have a kief screen in my grinder and i collect all that too of course....

but when it comes to hash making, my favorite is still qwiso

10. #450 BadKittySmiles, Sep 20, 2011
    Remember guys this is for cooking methods, and valid medical grade oils, tinctures and recipes only.... we are AVOIDING the less effective quickie oils, and watery non-clarified, not-very-bioavailable butter recipes here! If you would like to discuss your methods, please create a new thread to do so. :) I do not want to have to go through this thread to correct randomly added recipes, this is for valid information only.

First off, you should clarify your butter before using it, secondly 30 minutes is no where near enough time to promote bioavailability and such recipes do not belong in this thread, and thirdly, you need to decarb your material first ESPECIALLY with such a brief oil processing time. All that darkness on the bottom, is glandular material that for the most part your body can't use, and the vast majority of your potency goes 'in one end, and out the other'. :)

Please folks, go through and delete the unnecessary and irrelevant posts/instructions for hash and water-butter, they simply do NOT belong here and we've done a great job so far keeping this thread on topic; I do not want to bother a mod to do so, but I will if it is still necessary in 24 hours. :)

edit- Thanks so much! :)

11. I think you recipes and knowledge are wonderful.I'm a chef and you are very well versed. Thank you. I am allergic to the world but with you recipes May I change things up a little?

I use coconut oil and olive oil so thats doable. You are not using much lecithin, so maybe I can use that little bit. There are very few grains that I can use. So my other question is may I use almond flour, coconut flour. I'm still expermenting to see what I can tolerate. Thanks Kitty

12. Kind of confused about the gummies recipe. How much cannaoil/tincture/glycerine do you use in that recipe? What's an appropriate dose?

13. Question regarding your pyrex (I call it 'heavy duty') recipe.

Wondering about relative ratio between oil and herb, also wondering how that ratio is affected by using already vaporized herbs?

Getting ready to start my first cooking experiment, pretty excited. Thanks everyone for the inspiration and advice.

14. I made 1/2 stick butter with 5 grams of hash oil. Followed the directions here. Worked really well. I mixed the butter with almond butter when it was done. A couple spoonfuls does the job!

15. this entire thread made me so hungry

16. #456 BadKittySmiles, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

When using vaped herb, it depends how well you've vaped it, so it may require a test batch (and consistent vaping) to determine your vaped buds average strength. Vaped herb weighs slightly less than it did, pre-vape, so your dose-ratio sometimes only needs a slight adjustment or increase per dose.. or, you may need three times as much! I'd recommend using as little oil as possible and testing a few drops, to a spoonful, to judge its strength before applying it to a recipe. A smoothy is a good way to test oil. To be honest I don't work with vaped herb very often, the few times I have, it's varied greatly (mostly due to varied vaping!)

When using non-vaped bud you would normally determine your dose based on how much you'd normally smoke in a session, or per day (if you're a heavier/very-regular or frequent toker). This changes strain to strain, so it's always a good idea to test-smoke your new batch of herb before cooking with it. So using the same principal, you could always try loading a bowl to a get a rough idea, but after being vaped thoroughly it's a bit more 'fragile', so it could be easy to underestimate its potency if you just torch it.

The ratio of herb to oil, really depends on what you're doing with your oil. You should either always know what recipe you're going to use first, or always aim for the most concentrated oil, so that you can add more 'unadulterated' oil to the recipe if need-be. :)
    Just so long as it's covered or well-coated during heating, it's doing the job. To concentrate your canna oil further, either make hash (optimal), or divide your herb into two or three portions and perform several brief, 40 - 50 minutes runs, starting with a bit more oil than you want to finish with, processing one portion at a time, straining, then using the resulting oil with the next.

From the oil tutorial ;) :

• Like Like x 1
  17. #457 BadKittySmiles, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    -Canna Candy Apples!-

[​IMG]

It's that time of year again...... :smoke:

----------------------------

You will need:

'Modified Kit Recipe'

- 1 box Candy Apple base/mix kit (most will include sticks, be sure yours does too!)

- 2 cups sugar

- 8 - 10 apples.. any kind will do, but tart apples taste the best with a sweet coating and tend to hold up the best after exposure to a little heat... Granny Smith and McIntosh are good choices.

- 1 and 1/2 cups Water, or (optional) Tonic water

- 2 tsps, or 8 - 10 doses canna or hash oil

optional; extra cinnamon, apple, or other fruity flavors flavor... raspberry, papaya, and strawberry can be tasty.

'Home Made'

Using the rest of the ingredients (apples, sugar, sticks etc.) substitute the packet ingredients included in the kit, for:

- 1 cup invert sugar, -or- golden syrup, -or- corn syrup

&

- ½ tsp cinnamon flavor, (or slightly less than the manufacturers recommendation per 3 total cups 'sugar', or one dram if using LorAnn oils)

OR

- 1 cup cinnamon 'red hot' candies

------------------------

[​IMG]

Wash and dry your apples thoroughly.. it is important you have them very dry, and it is a good idea that you buff off as much of their natural wax as possible. Once finished, insert your sticks, and give them a final wipe to remove any juices. Prepare aluminum foil or wax paper on a heat-safe surface, and give it a light greasing, or spray with Pam.

Mix your sugar, and the packet (if using one, invert sugar or syrup if you're not) and water or tonic water in a small sauce pot. Over a medium-high heat, boil for roughly 10 - 15 minutes, using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature. Remove from heat when the candy reaches 280 f, for a softer candy, or when it reaches 300 f for a hard 'lollipop'-style candy. Once removed you may carefully add your flavoring and coloring elements, along with your canna oil.... if making your own candy without a boxed mix and without 'red hots', you may use any color you like. Red looks very nice, and traditional, but it does not glow as well as a blue, or green.

Once added, only stir gently and just enough to blend the color, oil and flavor, do not 'whisk' or over-blend. Immediately begin dipping and carefully twirling your apples in your candy. Work fast! You can always place your candy back on the still-hot burner, but I caution against actually turning it on again, except if absolutely necessary.. if you go a little too far, you can ruin your candy!

Place each apple on your greased sheet as you finish them, and allow about an hour and a half in a cool-dry room, to harden. It is NOT generally recommended that you freeze or refrigerate candy, especially candied fruit which contains moisture.
    For those of you without air conditioners or humidity control in your kitchens, we're heading towards a better time of year for candy making.... it's almost impossible when the humidity is too high!

Once hardened you can wrap them if you like, but wrapped or not, you should try to have them consumed within 24 hours, or three days max in a dry climate. Due to the moisture in the apple, they will get melty after a few days (this is common for home made candied apples; it's not a 'canna thing'. :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tip: You'll notice that eventually, you have candy left, but dipping becomes a challenge... just give it a final brief heating, and use a flexible spatula-scraper to get as much candy out as you can, onto a greased piece of wax paper or foil, or into a greased candy mold. :)
    Just remember... hot candy is, well, hot! Be just as careful, as you would be when making any type of hot candy, or any hot food in general.

Enjoy :)

18. I wonder if they have a cannabis cooking class @ JWU of Denver.

Anyways, hats off to you, chef.

19. I tried making canna oil today and after I took out my glass bowl to cool for the first time, I accidentally put it on my stove that was on (I have one of those electric stoves that i'm not used to since I just moved into this apartment). Long story short..... the bowl shattered and I lost 11 g's of some fire and almost set my apartment on fire. Now i'm resorting to making canna-peanut butter to make a quick snack to wash away the pain.

20. Can you put your canna oil caps into a meal without seriously affecting taste? And what have you heard of lemon juice extraction? My final question is what is your guacamole recipie?