Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. #381 Sunshine80, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    Ok so I used your Canna Oil recipe and made a box brownie mix. One thing that I wish I had done was stuck aluminum foil over the brownies as they cooked so the edges did not get too hard. I used 14 grams of schwag (had to turn that crap into something :( ) grinded up in the bullet, which btw I have a new love for, to a little over half a cup of veggie oil. The oil turned out great in my opinion, nice and dark, which I was a little worried about because I was suspicious that this might have been commercial already processed.

My tolerance is ridiculously low, while my husbands is significantly higher than mine so while I only ate a quarter of a brownie, he ate a whole one. Will edit with final pictures and results.

I just want to say thank you very very much for all these recipes. It's nice to have such detail to be able to follow.

Edit: So we had some mixed results. That 1/4 of a brownie did me in good and I was napping for a while but while hubby got some feeling, he felt that it wasn't as good as smoking for him. Out of three other friends who got a gift, two split one and enjoyed their high and the third took a whole one and said he liked his as well. Felt bad considering I made these for hubby but overall for my first time making an edible I am really pleased. As to the pictures well, they look just like regular brownies so I figured I'd pass on it. Next time I'll take some pictures of the material and the oil since that would have been better lol.

2. This is definitely one of the best threads on GC! Thanks so much for the recipes and insight BadKitty! Its really amazing that you'll spend your valuable time teaching us all of this amazing information!

I have a question for anyone who is experienced with cooking with cannabis: What is the best way to extract THC from your buds? What method will absorb the most THC from your bud? Cannabutter, Citric acid, a type of cannaoil, qwiso?

Oh and i'm not particularly interested in butane cause it scares me lol...

3. Damn,
    I'd say your good at what you do :cool:

4. ^ i agree, this is a top thread in the city, and BKS has taught me sooo much about cooking:)

EDIT: ninja'd!! i meant to give that ^ to the guy above you lol

5. bad kitty opened a whole new world to me with the cooking....

even my wife, who doesnt smoke, loves the stuff!

6. Very very interesting information.... One of the best posts I have read in a while.

Do you have any links that explains more in depth or where you came across this information?

I will +rep in 24 hours, I have given out to much today.

7. Very quickly (in the kitchen as we speak :) ) here are a few links with some very good info on terpenes/terpenoids in both cannabis, and other foods, and their effects... I'll excerpt a bit, as well.

It is a crime that those in power, needlessly keep this plant from so many sick, and healthy people:

Terpenes

[​IMG]

"Generally, inhaled terpenoids cause sedation." McPartland

There are over 120 Terpenes (terpenoid fragrance molecules) manufactured within the Cannabis Plant. Terpenes have interesting effects on humans, including modulating the effects of THC and decreasing memory loss. These substances play other important, but not yet fully understood, roles in the interplay of Cannabinoids and other active components of the plant and the Nervous System. Cannabinoid Receptors are found in the brains and major organs of humans as well as all other life forms having a nervous system.

The activity that occurs between THC and Terpenoids may modulate activity in several key ways.

-CB1 Receptor Interactions.
    -Increase THC affinity.
    -Remodel "G Proteins".
    -Changes to BBB alters pharmokinetics.
    -Decreasing Memory Loss.

Terpenes in delta-9-tetrahydrocannabnol (THC)

Alpha Pinene = Pine Fragrance
    Lemonene = Orange Fragrance
    Sabinene = Pepper Fragrance
    Myrcene =Perfumery Fragrance

Common Effects of the Major Terpenes found in Cannabis

Linalool (Also in Lavender)

Multidrug resistant bacteria.
    Anti-tumor effects. (Ugur '09)
    Potentiates Paclitaxel. ('07 Legault)
    Suppresses Aspergillus Flaus Mycelial growth and Aflatoxin production. (Nogueria '09)

Trans beta- caryophyllene (ß-Caryophyllene is found in nearly all plants)

A Selective Activator of the CB2 receptor.
    Reduces Tissue Inflammation.
    Reduces swelling in Head Trauma.
    Reduces Fever.
    Lowers Blood Pressure.

Myrcene (also in Mangos, Hops, & Lemon Grass)

Analgesic, anti-inflammatory & muscle relaxant properties.
    Most Abundant.
    Mono-terpene.
    BBB.
    Inhibits Mutagenesis. (Mitic'-Culafic' D. 09)

Nerolidol (also in Citrus Rinds)

Sedative.
    Anti-malarial.

Limonene (The 2nd most common Terpene in Cannabis; also in Citrus Rinds)

Monocyclic-terpenoid.
    Primary component in a clinical study: reduce or eliminate antidepressant use. (Komori '95)
    Inhibits Aspergillus.
    Blocks Carcinogenic effects of Benz-alpha-anthracene.
    Positive clinical trial results for breast cancer protein effects.
    Oxidative Stress in Lymphomas. (Manuele '09)

Terpenes and Terpenoids in Cannabis

Terpenes (C5H8)-medicinal molecules and important building blocks in nature
    -pronounced (TUR-peen)
    -diverse group of organic HydroCarbons (C5H8), produced by a wide variety of plants
    -terpenoids are terpenes which have been chemically modified. They are important building blocks for certain odors, hormones, vitamins, pigments, steroids, resins, essential oils, and CANNABINOIDS!
    -they are naturally released from plants when temperatures are higher, helping to seed clouds which then cool the plants
    -they interact with each other synergistically for a range of different smells/qualities/effects

In Cannabis:
    -over 120 different terpenes can be manufactured by Cannabis, some only in trace amounts with others in double-digit percentage
    -produced in the Trichomes, the same glands where THC is produced, comprising between 10 and 20 percent of the total oils produced by the glands
    -about 10-29 percent of marijuana smoke resin is composed of terpenes/terpenoids
    -drug sniffing dogs are able to smell odorous terpenes, not THC
    -age, maturation and time of day can affect the amount and ratios of terpenes. They are constantly being produced but are vaporized by heat and light of the day… so harvest in early morning! (and store your jars, in cool to cold, dark wine cellars, or similar ;) )
    -climate and weather also affect terpene and flavonoid production. The same variety, even genotype, can produce a different terpene profile when grown in different soils or with different fertilizers.
    -in addition to many circulatory and muscular effects, some terpenes interact with neurological receptors
    -a few bind weakly to Cannabinoid receptors
    -others seem to alter the permeability of cell membranes and allow in either more or less THC (of the more common terpenes myrcene has this effect, as does limonene)
    -others affect serotonin and dopamine chemistry (neurotransmitters)

The Phytochemical Glossary: Foods and their Phytochemicals

And lastly, for those who wiki.. :p
    List of phytochemicals in food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you very much for asking me to share this just now! It is a very good prerequisite for some of the upcoming tutorials.. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For enjoying as they are, or...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1

8. Thanks! :hello:

9. Thank you so much for this awesome writeup and information, such an interesting post, amazing post and amazingly in-depth information -- your service to the community by sharing the knowledge is legendary, truly appreciate it.

10. damn that last post was like a +2 rep post!
    i just can't give YOU anymore right now:p

11. ah jaysis.. if anything deserves +rep, it's this
    I can barely make toast :L

12. hey can you substitute the canna oil with cannabutter thats already made

13. #393 roffles92, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011

does the type of material for the pie pan matter when it comes to cooking your oil? does it need to be ceramic/glass/pyrex? can it be anything else?

14. I have got to make those pills before I go back to school.

15. Getting my wisdom teeth pulled today, so gonna stop smoking for a little while. This thread will be my substitute :) BKS, do you have any recommendations for any foods that one would be able to prepare and eat if unable to chew solids? Looking for heavy foods since it takes a lot to make me full.

16. Great post! But I had a few questions. You said you heat your oil to make sure there is no water left in it. Do you let it cool down before you introduce it to the weed? And about how much lecithin do you use for how much weed? (1 part weed to 1 part lecithin? I don't know) thanks

17. edible questions, this is probably the best thread to ask them in
    is THC vinegar soluble?
    if you have some time i think it'd be cool to do a condiments section and explore every condiment you can alter the recipe with and get good results, thx!
    and i know theres more so hold on...

18. #398 eyeswideopened, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Also what other dishes can I put it all in? Does it have to be the same kind as yours? Could I maybe use like a metal pie dish? Thanks for the help

19. #399 Walter White, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    Would you still recommend using coconut oil even if we're not planning on adding the finished oil to capsules?

Also, I was wondering if I could follow your first post recipe but use ground dank bud instead of hash to make 1 serving instead of 15? I'm not really sure if the oil/lecithin amounts you listed are specific to the 5.5 grams hash or if I would be fine to keep the oil/lecithin amounts the same but use around .25 grams ground bud to get 1 serving.

EDIT: I just not saw the canna oil recipe. I'm not sure if I should stick with the first post recipe or go with the canna oil recipe.

20. #400 BadKittySmiles, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    The lecithin, you'll want to use (depending how much you have, and how easy/inexpensive it is for you to get etc.) at least 1/2 tsp for every 2 Tbsp of oil, but I like to use a full tsp, to a 1 and 1/2 tsp for every 3 Tbsp of oil.

It's more, having the right concentration in your oil to do the trick, for instance if you were making a pasta sauce that required 1/4 cup of oil and made only 2 doses or servings, you'd still want to use the same amount of lecithin (about 1 and 1/4, to 1 and 1/2 tsp per 1/4 cup of oil), as you would if you were infusing 15 or 20 doses, into that same 1/4 cup.

I've gone so far as to use 1 tsp per each Tbsp, but it is a bit unnecessary, and doesn't seem (to me) to improve the effects, over using only half as much.

Coconut oil is ideal, because unlike most oil sources it is comprised mainly of MCT/MCFA, or medium-chain triglycerides/medium-chain fatty acids. The body accepts and absorbs these lipids much more easily than others, which are often partially passed right through, or are absorbed either too late, or too slow and less efficiently. Unlike other fatty acids and oils, MCT's are delivered directly and with much greater ease to the portal vein, liver and blood stream. Their molecules are much smaller than Long-chain fatty acids, and therefor require less energy, and fewer enzymes, in order to become absorbed. It improves absorption and uptake of those nutrients and chemicals consumed at the same time, and it provides a source of high energy lipids to patients suffering from lipid digestion and absoprtion disorders such as pancreatitis and Crohn's disease, and chylomicron deficiency.
    People who suffer from certain ailments, need MCT's regularly in their diets, in order to absorb almost everything, otherwise, they can become nutrient deficient regardless how healthy they eat, or how many supplements they take.

And in the same way it promotes absorption and helps those with digestive difficulty, it helps to an even greater extent, those with 'normal' and easy digestion, who can even more rapidly take in and absorb MCT's than those who are ill.

A very good question on the type of dish or tray/pan you use to heat your oil, something I should have brought up ages ago. If using a light or shiny metal pie pan, versus a dark, non-stick pan or ideally a glass dish, you will want to increase your time by about 15 - 20 minutes, per heating. I usually give a few extra minutes for ceramic, versus glass, as well. Each material transfers and responds to heat, in a slightly different way, items tend to cook 'faster' in both dark pans, as well as glass, than they cook on buff or light colored metal surfaces.

Yes you can use the first recipe for hash, for your herb, or the oil recipe... they're basically the same; lengthy, but gentle heating in two sections, with at least one freeze in the middle, or at the end. If at the end, reheat to 220 f for 10 - 15 minutes to get the most breakdown from the crystallization. I usually freeze mid-way so more/longer heat can be applied after the freeze, and while it's a bit obvious whether it has, or hasn't been frozen at all, I notice very little difference in the end-oil if the freeze occurred mid-way, or towards the end.

Hope this helps. :)

-----

Now, for a teaser... tutorial coming soon (hopefully). The photos are 3 months old :D I have a LOT of catching up to do!

-Canna Jerky-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE, beef jerky. Always have :)

It's very easy for me to digest, in spite of all the issues I have. And if I'm not feeling well, or I'm nauseous and hungry but too sick to cook, I just open a new bag or pull one out of the freezer, and I'm good to go. And what's more, I'm usually feeling better in a matter of minutes. We've been making our own jerky, infused and otherwise, since (to quote a cartoon) 'Jesus was a junebug'. :p

Once you've made your own, using the old 'secret recipe' (lol), you will never want to spend your money on what passes for jerky, in the stores, ever again.. Whether you infuse it, or not :p Compared to bland, tough, store-bought jerky, home made is not only incredibly inexpensive, and easy to make, but (best of all) it's so delicious!
    This is another one of those recipes which I make my own special way, and I still have a secret ingredient or two. So I'll share the 'recipe', and if you enjoy jerky, it will very likely be the best you've had... but I'm taking a few secrets to the grave with me, or just about, just to keep my local friends, family and acquaintances, interested (and drooling) :D