Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Depending on the quality of the hash or weed your working with my best method of getting first time users up to speed is to make about 10 single drop capsules and the test subject takes an additional capsule of one drop over the next few hours until they feel it.
    It's slow and can take all day but it's the safest way not to take to much and be in misery.
    I use the stuff nearly every day and even I can misjudge and get more then I bargained for and I'm years of using it exclusively as I rarely toke.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  2. #3902 Tammm, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    What's your best form to figure the total THC per edible or elixir or tincture or topical?

Specifically asking in regards to a cake and/or brownie recipe

3. Kat hasn't posted in a while so a few of us keep tabs on the thread.
    THC is best figured as the % of the weed or concentrate your working with. A small scale comes in handy to insure your making the same strength each time and avoid unpleasant surprises with a to strong mix.
    1 Gram = 1000mg and if your weed is 15% then you've got 150mg of THC per gram of weed. This can be used as a general rule of thumb for making edible oil for baking or tincture. Topical should be based on this as well until you've experimented and know it's not potent enough.

The second and much harder to figure out part is how much you need. This can vary wildly and it's where people take to much and don't have a good time. For example my wife needs under 10mg and she's flying. 100-200mg for me and I'm good.
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Not sure how accurate this is but this is what i use.

OH's Law Of Cannabis Edible Potency – Beyond Chronic

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. #3905 Joker1121, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    These formulas work, but seem unnecessarily complicated. Grams X percent THC divided by portions.
    For their example, an eighth, 3.5 grams or 3500 X 20% = 700. Divide 700 by portion size (number of servings you want or mg per serving desired). What this fails to take into account is loss due to extraction. Depending on how you make your butter/oil you can lose 50 % potency by straining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Right, looking to bake a cake and/or brownies, and need help gathering my options for getting the most thc out of my flower.

Still not sure which type of MCT oil or Ghee to use, I want to try and avoid coconut oil.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #3907 Joker1121, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Do you have access to concentrate? 100% of the goodness goes into your baked goods. Decarb as for herb, 240F for 40 minutes and mix with your butter/oil. Bkarnaze powders his decarbed cannabis and adds to his recipe. You can do a search on those posts for details. Here's a link. Recipe - Making cannaOil for cookies- Help

• Like Like x 2
  8. B

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. We usually recommend Coconut oil as it has virtually zero taste of it's own and hit fastest of the oils.
    Any Cooking Oil works from Avocado , Butter, Bacon Grease all the way down to Safflower Oil.
    You won't get many replies on this thread anymore as BadKat hasn't been by in a long time.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is my sub thread on the subject.
    [​IMG]
    My top choice in Oil.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have fun, and good luck! :)[/QUOTE]

These gummies look awesome! For a small (teddy bear sized) gummy, how much citric acid extract material would you recommend to put into the mix for one gummy to have a serious high?
    GSY

12. I can’t seem to find the canna apple pie recipe. Anybody help?

13. Sorry. Looking for the pizza one as well.

14. Much of BadKats cooking recipes is adding her basic hash oil to whatever your cooking.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes.

5 grams Kief, Hash, or Powdered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Done.

Add this to most any cooked goods. Contains about 30 150mg doses or fills 30 (0) sized capsules.

Paint the oil onto either crust of pie or pizza. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook at normal times and temps.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
  15. How much of this is added to the gummy recipe? I tried finding out how much is needed for BK's recipe and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Any ideas? My last batch of gummies made about 50 gummy bears in 1" bear molds. And they weren't very strong. I am not sure I added the right amounts or I had started with a subpar material before making the oil.

I would ultimately like to make a gummy that is about 25mg each. Of course, the gummy size can vary, but that's my goal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is very easy to calculate, once you've seen it done.
    Good 15% herb will supply 150 mg thc for every gram herb used, assuming optimal decarb.
    (For rare 20% herb, use 200 mg thc)
    For example, if you used 1 oz herb to make those 50 gummies, then
    Total THC = (150 mg thc/g)*(28 g) = 4200 mg thc
    THC per gummie = (4200 mg thc)/50 = 84 mg thc

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Would this differ if using say dry ice hash oil?

18. Definitely.
    You'd need to know the % thc to make a calculation.
    An educated guess might suffice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. This is basically BadKat's recipe for Kief-Hash-Coconut oil that I've adopted and streamlined a bit.
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams Dry Ice Kief
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.

Fills 30 (0) sized caps @ 83mg each. estimated.

Without lab testing all we can do is estimate from generalized numbers for concentrates and bud.
    Buds = 15%
    Hash = 30%
    Dry Ice Kief = 50%
    BHO, CO2, Wax, Shatter, Resin = 70-90%

1 gram = 1000 milligrams
    At 50% THC for Kief that is 500mg of THC per gram of Kief.
    5 grams Kief = 2500mg of THC
    Divided by 30 capsules = 83mg THC each.

The same net result but 5 grams of kief rather then Half ounce of Buds.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2