Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. direct me to your main thread please! thanks for the heads up. yes, i will start with a virgin batch since the ones i have in the freezer are mostly trim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I'm a firm believer in BrassNwood. He really has taken BKS's process and made an industry from it. I'd advise anyone with severe pain and access to kief/hash to make his oil capsules. Using the kief, it's not a difficult process. The heat/freeze cycles are dependent on the amount of sedation you want. More cycles, more sedation.
    Give it a go sometime. I doubt that you'll regret it. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Here it is. It's kind of hard to miss. Don't worry about the page count. Just go to the last page or any other page and post. :)
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good morning everyone, I've been reading through the forums and still haven't found an answer I'm satisfied with so I thought I would tap into thread as I believe this would be relevant to the discussion.

Question: What concentrate is your preferred material to work with and why.
    1.Bubble Hash
    2. dry sift keif
    3. Dry ice keif
    4. Bho extract

for cooking and medible purposes.

5. I have used all on the list except bubble hash. I think I tend to go for the concentrate lately. Availability plays a huge part.

With terpines being accessable also it has been interesting to experiment with adding them back, since the heated decarb removes a lot. Recently I have been attempting to do the natural heatless decarb from flower again although my plans are to use dry ice in the future. To use as close the the plant can be great for more nuanced strain specific effects.

I really like the dry ice hash due to the Hashmaster 5000, BnW represent represent!

I also really like the lack of plant matter and potency when using concentrates.

But if I had access to the raw flower, I'd be doing a lot more live resin experimentation and dry sift as well, to possibly press into vapable concentrates, the sky's the limit!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Researching an easy recipe using distillate to produce a size 00 gelcap medible @ 10% potency.
    Review this math please:
    1gr 95% potent distillate equals 950 mg.
    Infuse into 7.5 gr oil & 1 gr soy lecithin.
    Produces approx 10 caps @ 10 mg strength?
    If a basic raw tincture using the lower, 150 proof alc., is the end result, would Infusing it into 9 ml alc produce 10mg dosage per ml?

Thanks, friends!

7. No, no... That would be like 95mg THC per capsule with your math... I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. With 1 gram of distillate if you want to infuse coconut or a similar oil you could make like 80 capsules @ 10mg, a very low dose. Would be wicked good use of diy though and they would be great for microdosing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for that!
    making a tinc then with total wgt @ 45 ml yields approx 21 mg per ml?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes I think so, sorry for the super delayed response. Spreading it out over 1.5oz of alcohol would be better than cramming all those cannabinoids into 10ml!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Want to make some THCA MCT Oil Tincture. Read 'BadKat's Medical Grade Carboxyl-Intact Cold Oil & Tincture' article, have a few questions and am looking for opinions. First the basics of the process:

- kief (sativa)/no decarb > Green Dragon extract using local moonshine
    - GD solvent x-fer into lecithin infused MCT Oil > purge alcohol
    - Per BKS instructions: 3 or 4, 40 to 60 minute sessions in an ultrasound jewelry cleaner for quicker and more efficient liposomal encapsulation without the use of heat
    - Allow to "rest" for a day > Bottle

Some questions. More questions on sonication/homogenizing in a soon to be posted post.

When making GD for x-fer BKS says "With hash and concentrates, however, always use a volume of 2 : 3 / hash : alcohol for the best results to avoid over saturation, using more or less if needed with a sifted hash versus a concentrate. Say I want to make a tincture containing 2g of kief per 30ml and I want to make 3, 30ml bottles. That would take 6g of kief and then use 9ml of alcohol to make the extract to x-fer into 90ml of MCT oil? The ratio of solid/weight: liquid/volume, has me a bit confused.

BKS says "Pre heat the MCT oil and lecithin granules at roughly 200 f, for 15 - 20 minutes. It takes between ten and fifteen minutes to dissolve. Set aside. This oil-lecithin blend will be COOL once you begin working with your cannabis," and to "simply combine the alcohol extract and lecithin oil blend, then run your oil in the cleanser after the alcohol has evaporated off."

I'm assuming the alcohol purge is done at room temperature with the aid of a fan. Is there any amount of heat that can be used to speed up evaporation without decarboxylating the THCA? Should I play it safe and do everything involving THCA at no higher than room temperature?

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to purging off any amount of the alcohol before combining the GD with the oil? Is some percentage between 100% and goo more/less advantageous when it comes to solvent x-fer? Obviously 100% makes for a longer evaporation time, but is longer time and more diluted GD somehow better for the x-fer as well?

I'd also like to make THCA coconut oil capsules. Best to use this same cold, MCT oil method to preserve THCA, or is there a way (or could it be more beneficial/efficient) to use heat in either a solvent transfer or infusion by adding kief directly to the coconut oil?

When infusing oil with kief, is it safe to assume that heat is not at all necessary when done through a GD solvent transfer but is necessary when mixing kief directly into coconut oil?

I've read how freezing cycles when making oil will result in a sleepier oil as it degrades the THC and that they're not necessary if you want a more morning type of effect instead of couch lock. BKS says "It's a good idea to give your (ultrasonic jewelry cleaning) machine a break in between sessions, giving you the opportunity to add one or more freeze cycles" What effect, if any, will freezer cycles have on what is up to now a sativa, high THCA/low THC oil?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Questions on sonication/homogenizing, mostly as it relates to 'BadKat's Medical Grade Carboxyl-Intact Cold Oil & Tincture' article, but also in general.

In the article BKS says "An ultrasonic jewelry cleanser will save you a LOT of time, and is required for true liposomal encapsulation without the use of heat: simply combine the alcohol extract and lecithin oil blend, then run your oil in the cleanser after the alcohol has evaporated off, in three to four separate 40 - 60 minute sessions, and allow to rest for one day."

Would this step be beneficial in any process that already uses heat in the x-fer/infusion of kief to oil? I don't see it mentioned, but if I already have the equipment....

I live in a third world/developing country where the sourcing of many supplies/equipment isn't always practical or possible. I did find an ultrasonic cleaner that uses the same 40k ultrasonic frequency though it looks to be targeted more toward non-jewelry uses. Bet it'll do, has a cheaper price, and a 1.8 liter capacity as opposed to similarly priced .8 liter capacity jewelry cleaners.

[​IMG]

Thoughts on other options? In addition to the expensive CAT Scientific homogenizers made even more expensive with international shipping and duties, I see DIY suggestions using dremels, drill presses, hand-held kitchen mixers, DIY magnetic stir plates, etc.. Thoughts on the process in general?

Stir Plate Using Computer Fan and Magnet From Hard Drive

13. Is it possible to use 2% or 20 mg/mL cannabis oil (medical dispensary CO2 extracted) for these hard candy and gummy recipes or is that not concentrated enough? I'm worried the gummies and hard candy won't harden enough. How much oil can you add before it's too much?

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Scopetonic
    Kats not around any longer so you likely won't get an answer here.
    You can try asking in one of Psams threads as he does more cooking then I do.
    Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    You don't need to read all 1000 pages just reply to the end of the last post and Sam will answer.
    I make a version of her Hash oil and don't bother trying to make it into foods.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Either of my sub threads cover what I do and I watch them both for activity so any post on them I'll reply to.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thank you so much for the reply, I've read through much of Psam' s tincture threads which have all been so helpful in my education of ethanol extraction. Now I'm trying to figure out what I can do with 2% cannabis oil as it's a completely different beast!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Few questions but background first.
    I got to say, I registered only to comment on this. This forum is just amazing. I was born with a skeletal deformation, which causes severe neck and back pain, and also affect the heartbeat and lung capacity. I have been using hash for about 10 years now with high effect against pain and stress. I have also been through countless prescription drugs, which over long time use, had more downsides than anything.

My problem though, I live in a tiny tiny town on the edge of the world. There is very very little choice of cannabis. There is no green you can get, only low/mediam grade hash for 25 usd/g. I do 2-5g's a day, then I do a week break when the tolerance is too high. For the past year my lungs have gotten far worse than before.

Then I discovered this forum, and have done alot of reading and research, and I believe I could be much better of both medically and financially if I made edible oil(cannacaps). I found that I could get both lecithin and coconut oil from a local shop. Ive bought the ingredients and is ready to try my first batch.

My questions: Should I make concentrate first or just decarb and run the hash through the process? I have done concentrates before. I can get about 2-3g concentrate from about 10g. Probably a little difficult to answer, but is it worth it financially to extract first, if the product is not top quality considering I pay approx 250usd for 10g.

Thank you in advance for anyone taking their time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Decarb first, then follow BrassNwood's hash cap recipe. Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

18. @Lingaas

All of my work is based off Kats work I've just stripped it down as far as possible and still get top quality meds from my material.
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes ( just bake the hash on a cookie sheet in the oven)

5 Grams decarbed hash
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.
    Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules.
    Or it's around 30 doses @ 100mg each.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    This is my basic time tested recipe that I've made some 35,000 capsules of and consumed for my own little medical issue.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Thanks for quick response. I will try this as soon as possible. Would some more heat-freeze runs reduce the psychedelic effect for a higher relief/sedative/sleeping effect? As this is what I am looking for.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Try it several ways as small changes in the processing can make a difference in the way the stuff hits.
    No decarb is the best way to get a high dose that doesn't carry as much stone.
    Yes adding additional freeze-heat cycles does make it on the couch lock, sleeper side of things.
    Start small and wait 2 hours before taking additional doses until you know how what your making affects you.
    Strong edibles can be very much like getting really drunk with the spins and dry heaves and it lasts for hours.
    I always make the same exact recipe every dish so I always know exactly how it'll act for a given amount.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1