Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. @ BNW

So basically, you just put the herb (ready herb, aka decarbed, dried and ground) in a jar with oil and apply heat? Sounds too easy to be true!!!

:) My GF and I made the 'old school' crock pot butter the other day and it didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped. This seems super easy and probably sounds like my cup of tea.

I'm after a less sedating effect, more functional for daytime use so I can actually get up and move around. I've got a connective tissue disorder (hEDS) and MJ really helps me. Ingesting is my preferred method due to ease of use and longer overall medicated time. Figuring out how best to make it is another task.
    I'll check the ratios in BKP's recipe, but I've got some old herb lying around that I'm going to try a little 3.5 or 7g batch of. If I use less oil it'll be stronger I'm assuming? I read somewhere that 1/4th cup = 3.5g (roughly)... does that sound accurate or is the ratio of oil to herb a pretty loose and interpretable step?

I'm going to decarb, stick the herb in a jar, add my oil/lecithin mixture to it (1/4th cup for each 3.5g), slow heat and mash, freeze, then one more slow heat for an hour or so and call that good.
    Any steps I'm missing that are super obvious or have I got the idea down?

Also, would there be any harm in putting my prepared herb in a jar with coconut oil to just hang out at room temp until I'm ready to heat/freeze or should I wait until I'm completely ready to finish the recipe before messing with any of it?

Thanks a million guys, this recipe and guide are the best on the web right now. I <3 you all

2. #3862 TestyCalls, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Kat, I made my first batch of gummies according to one of your recipes. I have a problem. After popping out of the molds and tossing in powdered sugar.. I put them in very small pyrex dish and sealed them, and put them in the refrigerator, with a little extra powdered sugar. Literally, 20 mins later I went to look and ... it appears the bears have "sweat".. a lot.. and there is a whitish (powdered sugar+whatever the "sweat" is) syrup at the bottom. What went wrong? what did I do wrong? am i storing them improperly? What should I do moving forward with this batch, and, what should I do next time to avoid this?
    **Edit** - It may be worth mentioning that I realized as I was pouring the concoction into the molds, that I had forgotten to add the Caro syrup. I have it, I just forgot. Hope this is not the cause of my issue. Please advise.

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I don't recall reading about it, and I've read a lot.

3. BKS doesn't come around very often anymore so you may be waiting for an answer here for a while. I'm not her but maybe I can help.

I'm not a gummy person but the same thing can happen to hard candies, too. Often enough the reason is that the oil hasn't been absorbed into the mix and there's a trick to it. Too much oil for the amount of sugar and gelatin to keep suspended, so it "sweats".

I can't tell you what to do exactly but I can tell you what BKS would say. You should try a virgin batch using the same ingredients but not infused until you get it ironed out. And don't forget the corn syrup. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks Sam. I'll try that. Appreciate your response.Yes, the corn syrup!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hi Sam, You were my salve making mentor and nothing is stopping me now. I have a friend whose son works at a local pot farm and he is an expert grower himself. She said they have so much bud and trim they've been throwing it out! Can you believe it??? Anyway, she said she's happy to gift me with as much as I want if I can figure out how to make a decent tasting canna-chocolate bar. I told her I was going to come here to you since I thought there's nothing Sam doesn't know. So, can you help me out again Sam? Do you have a receipt for chocolate bars. I still have 4 ounce jars of canna-oil in the freezer from the first batch without any additives. Just decarboxylated trim & bud infused in coconut oil and squeezed into the jar. Can I use that as a base? What else would I need? Do you have a yummy tasting recipe? Thanks so much and Happy New Year

• Like Like x 2
  6. In a pinch I have tempered store bought 92% dark chocolate bars in a double boiler and added the canna coconut oil directly to it and poured it into a cheap silicone ice cube trays dusted in powered sugar, after cooling I would dust more sugar then individual wrap them with parchment and sticky tape, then into the freeze.

The only medicated chocolates I've made have been this method but I am sure others will chime in!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. How does it taste? I have the canna coconut oil I can take out of my freezer in a 4 ounce jar. I'd probably use a 60% cocoa dark chocolate bar but how much oil to how many bars? I do like the idea of sprinkling powdered sugar in silicone ice cube tray. I found another recipe here where she used a thumb sized nugget, decarboxylated it before crushing and adding it to a melted chocolate bar. She mixed it 15 minutes and left it on low low in double boiler for one hour before pouring and cooling. I think that might taste really nasty though. Any idea how to mask that bitter taste?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Now that sounds like an offer you shouldn't refuse. That's a good friend...and her son.

I personally have no real recipes for chocolate bars. The oil is limited by the concentration. If you use premade chocolate chips or others then you can only use a very small amount of oil because too much will cause your chocolate bars to melt rapidly at room temperature and it can get messy. It's difficult to make like that and have good potency.

However, you can make homemade chocolate that uses 1/2 cup of coconut oil. It also uses cocoa butter and cocoa powder and sweetener of some sort. You can then mold it into bars. I haven't tried it myself but I think that I will. I would recommend that you try a small virgin batch first to see how it works. Here's the link. :)
    https://www.precisionnutrition.com/chocolate-making

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks Sam, I'll visit that link next. I have cocoa butter here and it would be great to find a good use for it. Yes, absolutely will try a small batch to begin with especially since I do not like edibles it will be completely up to her. I just love the cooking creating process.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I cannot remember exactly without my notes how many drops of oil I used per bar but I do believe I was shooting for around 5 to 7mg per "choco bit” so it was no more than 15 to 30 drop per entire melted bar. They would taste only faintly like cannabis but since I am so into the dark dark chocolate and the taste of cannabis I thought it to be a really acceptable method. Since I keep them frozen I didn't have a melting issue but did notice they were very easy to become melty when transporting.

Also, it can be quite a bastard working with chocolate, so as with most recipes it is great to do non medicated runs to get a feel for the medium!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. that looks like a great recipe and I have everything here. I just don't know how many buds to add to that recipe. It doesn't tell you how much chocolate you end up with. I can guesstimate that you probably get 1 1/2 cups chocolate if that much. Just don't know how much or when to add the bud and if I need to bake the bud first.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Always decarb everything you intend to eat or drink cannabis related
    240 F for 40 minutes is the accepted decarb
    My usual ratio working with weed is 5 grams of powdered decarbed weed
    2.5 teaspoons coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin (optional power doubler)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze ( this softens the gritty feel of the Cannabis material)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.
    Roughly 15 doses done with weed. About 30 if you use hash or BHO
    Now you have a tablespoon of finished high grade oil and experiment with a few drops at a time to find the sweet spot.
    Using hash this oil has enough kick from a single drop to give light users like my wife a good ride.
    Make very strong oil so you have less chance of the oil content making a disaster of your planned Chocolates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Done with hash and I usually capsulize it but it works just fine in foods of all kinds.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  14. I thought you wanted to use the oil you already have made. Make a virgin batch so that you'll have the answers to those questions. If you're not using the oil you have already made then you'll be able to figure out how much you need when you see how much it makes. When doing stuff like this, always make a virgin batch.

If you're making fresh oil for your chocolate then you have a couple of different options. And for edibles you always need to decarb your material at 240°F for 40 minutes in the oven. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. oh gosh, I admit I'm a bit dense but the recipe I printed out that you linked shows how to make the chocolate from scratch. I'm very excited about that. Do I have the option of using some of the canna-oil I already have in the freezer or do you think I should decarb a few big buds, crush and add at the time you're supposed to add the nuts? Do I have to cook the decarb buds first in coconut oil? If so, I don't see why I couldn't use the oil I already have right? For the virgin batch, without changing the chemistry of the chocolate so it hardens, 1 tablespoon canna oil? That was just a wild guess. Or, do you think grinding up the decarbed budd and throwing that in will do the trick. I care about the taste so think throwing in the crushed bud might make it taste too bitter. Thanks so much for your feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Is 5 grams of weed 1 1/2 teaspoons? Do I need the lecithin? And just to clarify, bake once to decarb, bake 2nd time with coconut oil and bud, and bake a third time after freezing? Do you let it thaw first? Not sure why you would need to bake it a third time after freezing? About how many drops would you put into a chocolate bar mixture that makes say 5 or 6 bars? Lightweight, mediumweight themost

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sam, what's your take on this?

• Like Like x 2
  18. The reason I gave you that recipe is because you said that you already had all that oil already made in the freezer. It takes a half cup of oil which you can't do if you're just melting chocolate chips without making it chocolate soup. Make a virgin batch, no cannaoil, to see how large of a batch it makes and to sample taste it to make sure you like it. There are other similar recipes that use butter instead of coconut oil, some with cocoa butter and others just the powder.

Once you know how much it makes you can work on the potency. We don't really know the strength of the oil you have already so you may want to make a batch with it to see how well it works. If it's not as potent as you'd like it, make some fresh cannaoil with the strength you want and leave the rest you currently have in the freezer to use for topicals.

Just to keep BKS from giving us the evil eye, if she ever comes back, let me know how it's proceeding over in my main thread. I'm interested in your outcome and others there will be, too. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 4