Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. #3841 Afghancamel, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    There is some discussion early in the thread on the subject of how much lecithin is best. Basically, use as much as you can but don't fret if you don't use a lot, or even none at all.

Don't underestimate how effective freeze/thaw cycles can be for improving bio-availability. I put my oils through as many as a dozen over several months by the time I've finished off a batch. Whenever I think of it I just take it out of the freezer, and I pop it back in the next time I think about it. It won't go off, so don't worry if you leave it out for a week.

It's important to remember that when you add lecithin you are adding volume to the end product. Let's face it, if you intend to make caps with an oil made from a concentrate, you have already decided to avoid diluting the product too much to make dosing in small amounts easier, so you would look to use the amount at the lower end of the scale. That's a ratio of 1:6 if my memory isn't failing me.

On the other hand, if you are making canna oil with the oil as your solvent and the bud in the mix during processing you are necessarily dealing in quantities of end product that will require cooking in recipes in order to deliver effective doses. In this situation the additional volume from the lecithin is no longer of major concern and you might wish to use a ratio that is closer to 1:4, 1:3 or even 1:2.

Personally, when making a canna oil with herb in the processing dish I usually aim for a 1:4 ratio - that is 1 tbs lecithin to 4 tbs of coconut oil added to the herb.

All of that said, anything in the range of 1:1 to 1:6 will see the lecithin being effective to a satisfactory level, even if higher levels are more effective it is a slowly diminishing return and like I said, adding lecithin is adding to the volume of the final product so be guided by what you are trying to achieve as far as how you will be intending to consume it.

If you don't have lecithin, repeated freeze/thaw cycles over several days/weeks/months will go a long way to making up for its absence.

Peace

• Like Like x 2
  2. Go to BK's website and you will find a lot of information and links to the tutorials on how to make your cannabis oil for oral consumption that are here on this thread but can be difficult to find.

You won't regret finding out about this stuff.

BadKat's CannaPharm - Medical Cannabis Oil

Peace

• Like Like x 3
  3. I made an error when I was making this. I accidently used table spoon instead of teaspoon. Is there a way to reduce the coconut oil down? If not, any suggestions on what to do with 2and half tablespoons of hash oil?

Any help would be great. Thanks

FuZzY back in Garden. Second grow. CMH-315 sun system. 4x4 tent soil. Lets have fun
    FuZzY back in Garden. Second grow. CMH-315 sun system. 4x4 tent soil. Lets have fun

4. 1 Tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons, so you have 3 times as much volume as expected.
    There is no way to reduce oils without destroying the herb, but you're still ok, because you can just take 3 times as much as you were planning.

• Like Like x 2
  5. This is such an important thread, I found it long ago and I just wanted to pop by and say thanks to everyone and BadKat of course as well for spreading the knowledge.

I am so much better now health wise because of my interest in science such as this and I will continue the fight to assist many others as long as I can.

Rant: I am glad edibles are becoming more and more popular, the variety of uses is truly awesome. Too bad that with the almighty dollar driving so much people are still paying top dollar for impurities and contaminants, let alone poor quality control in regard to potency. I mention Chalice Fest and the huge list of disqualified entries. These were industry breaker into companies that failed to pass muster or were they the cream of the crop? Already IN the scene and still using sub par materials to make edibles?!?

Bah, the more I learn about what makes meds really effective and safe, the less my adage of "using what's around" really applies for my patients...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. These guys just posted this a few hours ago on their facebook pages and in case they don't remember to share it here I had to share since this is where I first met them, and I try to help when I can, I couldn't get my old login but here it is anyway. Its crazy big news for GC activists who really got a big start and push right here on GC when BKS came back to the US after the fed crackdown on the forums she modded for in the 2000s. The cannapharm has done World Summit's since she created this thread and she's appeared and run kitchen demos and gave samples at half a dozen of Hightimes new first Cup events, like their first US Cup, the first Live Experience and Concentrates Cups etc etc etc so this is incredible to see where they've achieved.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not gonna paste the whole thing since the pics make the point, BadKitty and the BK CannaPharm crew have just launched the world's first ever cannabis institute and bed & breakfast, they're giving free rooms to terminal patients, and since recreational and giving weed free are both legal in Cali it's open to the general public and not just for patients. It's cheap for a night in an upscale building, just a fifty if you share a room with a friend, theyre including free room service, smoking lounges, gourmet meals and free edibles. I've paid double at the travelodge and was lucky if I got powdered egg and toast for breakfast. They started an Indiego campaign got private funding in two hours, and are leaving the campaign up just so people can still get the rewards. So like if you book your room through their Indiego early so they have a bigger start, whatever you can afford there is worth 150% instead of just 100%. 200 = 300 and so on etc etc etc which is like a whole extra night stay for free, another day of free edibles and meals etc. and it's scenic and private but still near the ocean and LA.

So links. You can read her facebook post here. Kat Smiles
    And this is where the magic happens if you want a big discount.
    You can actually see the rooms they offer at their website www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com/book-a-room
    You'll see me and my fam there for the group seshes for sure, I had to book through paypal but they honored the same rewards from their Indiegogo campaign, so if you don't like Indigo, write them direct and they'll probs give you the same deal too. :weed: :passing-joint::passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  7. How would I make the oil from bud? I don't have access to hash. I want to make it potent, to be used for candy/lollipops. What is a good ratio of decarbed bud to coconut oil?

8. @Deedee311
    Decarb bud then powder (240 F for 40 minutes to decarb)
    Usual ratio is 5 grams hash or weed
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 Teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Reheat
    Done.
    Since you powdered the weed there is no need to strain.
    For a cleaner tasting but slightly weaker oil leave the bud whole and remove and strain with garlic press after processing.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OK, to get the most bang for your buck when making edibles -they are much stronger when the cannabis is not strained- leave the cannabis in the baked good/edible. I can't eat anything with a heavy marijuana taste and I like potent edibles. I found out the best way to make potent edibles is to make a concentrate from my bud. There are many ways to do this, I usually make either an alcohol tincture or BHO which I then transfer to my oil with a solvent transfer. BHO is the easier method. You can decarb your bho after making then add to your oil. BHO decarbs at 240F until all bubbling stops. It adds a step or two, but concentrates the goodness into a smaller package. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you so much BNW! I bookmarked this because this is something I always wondered too, if you were using bud. I have no hash and it's too expensive to buy but I have plenty of really good bud.
    This will be a great reference since it's all there, step by step.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm sure it's been heard before but this is awesome. As of late I've turned to the idea of cannabis as a medicine as well as a recreation of choice as I don't drink. I suffer from extreme panic attacks and rely on 2mg of Xanax per day. @BrassNwood I followed your link which led me here and I do appreciate. I have noticed oils to have more of an even effect through the day as far as anxiety. Benzodiazepines are very bad for your system and the fact that I have to rely on pharmacos doesn't sit well. I was a prisoner but I have found my way out. I plan a safe detox by my doctor and making the jump to only cannacapsules or oil. @BadKittySmiles thanks so much. I see you are passionate to help others in need and it means the world. I had to sit and watch my mother suffer and pass from full blown cancer. It only started as breast cancer and the doctors recommended direct radioactive treatment. I honestly believe they simply broke it up and spread it. There was 0 access to any kind of decent pot unless you grew your own at the time. My state is so close to reform but i see this medicine that helps me with everything including pain in my hands and fingers from work, sleep, overall relaxing euphoria and excitement which even removes anxiety and stress that the Xanax can't. I will make this medicine and provide to any loved ones in need. Even made a tincture for my old boxer. Her hips are starting to bother her. After a week of 1/4 mg in morning an evening she is seeming more spritely. I have heard dogs can suffer THC toxicity.

I do have a question. I don't want my dog high as fuck but I don't want to be underdosing so much it's ineffective. What would you recommend for a 65lb boxer?

Thank you again. This is magic. God's medicine only to be demonized by man. Allowing people to die suffering knowing that your claims against marijuana were simply a political stunt. George Washington grew help. I'm just sick and I would be willing to go to jail and I will explain why in that court room. I'm an advocate for life.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You want to use high-CBD for your pet. There are a number of good forums around that can provide you with great dosing information. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. #3853 MajorToker, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Thank you sir. @PsychedelicSam You have also played a major role. I will be doing a little tincturing as well. Yum. Your thread is in my bookmarks also.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I followed the recipe for cannaoil and it turned out amazing!!! I used it to make hard candies but ran into a problem at the end. After boiling the water and sugar I added the cannaoil but it wouldn't combine, it started to separate in the pan. I tried to stir it more but it crystallized into granules. I basically ended up with a cup of cannasugar.

Anyone have a suggestion of what went wrong? Did I stir too much? Why did the oil separate in the first place? I booked it to 250°, then added 5 teaspoons of solid state oil (it was room temperature).

To try to salvage it, I took the crystallized cannasugar and added more water. Boiled it again to 300°. Since the cannaoil was already in the sugar I just added grape flavoring and poured them into molds. The turned out great and very potent!

Now I just need to figure out why it crystallized so I can avoid that in my next batch.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @Deedee311
    Top of the forum listing stickies is Psams Tincture thread. It's live and very active and if anybody or place can answer it'll be there. I'm an oil expert but zero cook so I'm useless for advice to fix it.
    Puters running dog slow or I'd link his thread for you.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  16. #3856 BrassNwood, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Triple post WTH

17. #3857 BrassNwood, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Double post

18. Thank you!

19. bumping for awesomeness...

So when keif or hash isn't available, your grind and decarb, cover with oil in a mason jar, slowly heat/freeze/heat/freeze for potency right?

Can I just do this forever or does there seem to be a certain limit to the "couch lock/narcotic" effect that cooking time and freezing produces?

Sorry if this has been answered, the search bar results are super hard to comb through in a thread this massive. Grats on the good life BK!

• Like Like x 1
  20. @EsthersPuppet
    Weed works fine in place of hash. The hash-kief just make the strongest version possible. It's as potent as it's likely to get after 20 minutes and a single freeze. Multiple cycling mostly degrades the THC to lesser compounds like CBN and is best done if your seeking an irresistible sleep aid. 6 cycles seems to be the limit as far as effects. 4 or more sets and you can't stay awake on it or so that's how it works on me.
    I want it as upscale and wide awake as possible so a single set is good. The single freeze is enough to break down the glandular materiel and change the hash oil from gritty-sandy to smooth and tasty.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3