Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. snew..
    1. Either will work just fine on decarbed material.. I do a fast wash with frozen 151 ever clear of my post shaken buds after dry ice extraction and the tincture is very potent on it's own with just a couple of eyedropper shots needed..
    2. Lard will work well as I've experimented with rendered bacon fat my wife saves several times.. It takes about twice as long to take effect as coconut oil does and it can go rancid that coconut oil doesn't.. It's high acid content like most animal based oils will eat through the gel caps faster..
    So yes it'll work fine it just has some drawbacks over coconut oil.. I personally like the bacon fat based hashies and let them melt in my mouth but I have to use them up fast or they'll melt the caps left unfrozen for long..

BNW

2. Thanks BNW. My original thought was to do an alcohol extraction, keep some for a tincture and some added to fat for capsules.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3743 mrsilly, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Today

Batch one good for one bottle of EC
    [​IMG]

Batch two good for one bottle of EC
    [​IMG]

Both wrapped in Aluminum foil pouches
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

240f
    [​IMG]

40min
    [​IMG]

Pizza Stone
    [​IMG]

Everclear in freezer.
    [​IMG]

Large mason Jar
    [​IMG]

Decarbed Hash
    [​IMG]

Place decarbed hash in with 190 Everclear
    [​IMG]

Shake for 5min return to freeze and shake when you think about it.

Strain or not and use. If you would like a stronger batch you can reduce the amount of 190 or use more hash.

You can also reduce the amount of 190 using heat. This is how we infuse our Silly products.

Want to make a small batch easy
    2 1/2-3 1/2 g sift, DI, or IW hash decarbed to 3 oz of EC 190 or 150
    Follow above tech to net about 2 ounces after strain

1-2 mm or Boston round dropper full's in a libation is all it takes for me.

Enjoy
    ~silly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 6
  4. Can anyone confirm which post the following is located please as when clicking from Kats website for the recipe it links to post # 421. That is about gummies so bit confused!

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Oil

Starting with dried flowers, or even trim, this is the medical grade version of your traditional cannabis oil! Ideally suited for coconut oil or clarifiend butter, the oil of your choice may be used as well.

Thanks

5. Ahh I think I've found my answer in #3739.

I'm using bud. Want to make enough for a good rec dosage. Want to make about 20-24 caps.

Does everyone recommend straining through muslin cloth / coffee filter? Seems you'd leave a fair amount behind ?

6. #3746 MF Bloomer, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Save the leftovers for a depletion batch:)

7. Vikinglace..
    Bud oil is really to weak to bother capping and is best used as the major part of the oil called for in a cooked item like cookies or brownies..
    I use a cup of shredded decarbed ( decarb = 240 degrees F for 40 minutes covered dish, tin foil, oven cooking bag, (not plastic) weed to a cup of coconut oil and about 3 tablespoons of lecithin..
    Heat 220 F 20-30 minutes then freeze till solid.. 2 or 3 more heat and freezes for me..
    Now with a potato ricer get most of the still hot-warm oil out of the mix.. I use a garlic press in small loads to extract the last of the oil I can..
    Discard the weed..
    Use the now finished oil in most any thing you'd like..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    For caps your really need to start with a strong level of concentrate like dry ice kief-hash..
    We capped up some bud oil and it takes about 10 of them to feel it at all so it was a waste of time and effort to cap it..
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  8. Nice post Brass.

I use the same ratio for cooking oil.

I use bud to make caps but I extract with alcohol, then transfer to the oil for capping. That way I can concentrate it for capping strength.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brassnwood, thank you. Really detailed answer that. Exactly what I needed to know. Saved me a right load of work. Haven't got enough bud to make the kief version at moment...need to step up production :smoke: Would like to try the oil at some point.

Any way these are for rec so that method will be perfect and I'll make some biscuits or something.

I'm in UK... So 1 cup Is 237ml (good ol google)

Assume that is ground herb?

How many oz' would you guess that is?

I'm aiming to make enough to for 5 portions minimum - well 5 people so like 2 each would be fine. Could you give me an estimate of roughly how much in your experience that would be ? Weed is a mixture around 15% I'd guess.

No newbies, all smoke a bit . I've read about the more you reheat makes it more sedative. I thought I'd only do it one freeze so more uppy. Thoughts?

I'll shut up in a minute, but one last question if I may, what biscuit would you cook? :)

Serious appreciate you sharing the love

:gc_rocks:

10. 237 ml of weed
    237 ml of extra Virgin Coconut oil.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks mrsilly but doesn't really help. That sounds like a truck load of weed for 5 people! I'm thinking like .5g per biscuit. 20 biscuits = 10g weed? Still sounds too strong. I'll go back through the thread see if I can get some figures. Thanks

12. #3752 mrsilly, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Use the same ratio weed to oil 50/50 and consider what each individual would smoke in a session. That is if I normally smoke 1/2 gram I would use that much. You could do that in a cupcake section if you would like.
    For small batch we use 7g of weed a 1/4 cup of evco or 50ml that would equal 14 servings for me.
    Think that is what your were looking for.

You could half that? Make it in a cupcake section covered with foil.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you Mrsilly

• Like Like x 1
  14. Excellent advice. I use two at a time and replace them regularly. Believe it or not, metal oven thermometers can lose accuracy in a relatively short amount of time.

Peace

15. Can anyone tell me what EVCO is, please?

16. Extra virgin coconut oil. It's easier to use the letters instead of typing it all out. Virgin coconut oil is basically the same. Those are the best for cannabis ingestion as opposed to heat processed coconut oil for cooking.

A glossary of cannabis terms and abbreviations might be a good project for someone. :mellow:

17. Hi all! I've used the Hash Oil recipe from page one several times and have had extremely good results. Does the recipe for the concentrate (using the ever clear and then the solvent transfer into the coconut oil) result in greater potency than the oil extraction method from page 1?

18. It can because you can mix more alcohol with the same amount of oil

• Like Like x 2
  19. With a solvent transfer you can basically do whatever amount of canna into a smaller amount of oil/butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  20. Thank you so much for your replies!!

• Like Like x 1