Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I can only respond to the first part of your question, but yes strains all have different properties that help in different ways. I stick mainly to indica's and have access to a lot of bubba kush hash. I got lucky since thats exactly what i need for my conditions right now but don't get me wrong, when i feel good and I'm up to it , sativa's are my first choice and oh do i love my hybrids(best of both worlds) Also i have had best success w relieving pain when used in hash/bud caps. Smoking/vaping helps my pain but honestly not in the way the caps do. Lastly I make super weak batches for my gf because shes a light weight. I just use 2 grams of hash to a tbl spoon of mixed oils and comes out to somewhere along the lines of .05-.08g a cap. She can still function perfectly and feels good but not too strong for her to the point where she doesn't want to move. Just an idea.

• Like Like x 3
  2. #3722 Quantary, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I've been searching for herbs, spices, and plants that might work well with cannabis edibles. Compounds in the spice turmeric like curcumin have been studied for many of the same conditions as cannabis. Therapeutic Roles of Curcumin: Lessons Learned from Clinical Trials

(This is not a recommendation to self-treat any health condition, see a medical professional if you are sick)
    Turmeric/Coconut oil/Cannabis capsules
    Cannabis 2 g
    Coconut Oil 10 g ( about 2 tsp)
    Lecithin 3 g
    Turmeric 5 g
    Rice Flour 5 g (used as a filler, to get 24 servings, can be eliminated for higher potency)
    Total weight: 25 g

Using size zero caps this will make about 24-25.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think the thing about turmeric is it is something like 2000 times more effective with freshly ground black pepper. Golden milk is a great way to ingest turmeric.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Thanks for mentioning the Golden Milk, had not heard of this drink before. Going to try this with several of my caps blended in.
    • 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
    • 1 teaspoon Turmeric
    • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup or to taste
    • Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
    • Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
    • Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
    1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
    2. Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.

• Like Like x 3
  5. That's a great idea!

6. Any luck???

7. I try to sift through as many pages of threads I can before asking any questions, but this one goes DEEP. Does BadKat or anyone else in here know if its possible to skip the hash powder decarb step, and just let the hash powder decarb during the hash and oil infusion? ..Maybe let it cook a little longer or hotter? I haven't tried it nor do I have an excess of hash to run this type of experiment. Any insight would be appreciated!

8. Decarb really does best in open-air before being immersed in oil.
    use a covered-dish a foil pouch or oven cooking bag..
    your actual heated oil time can be under 20 minutes
    BNW

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  9. Roach, why reinvent the wheel. The directions in BKS's threads are tried and true. They've already done the experimenting and testing and tell you how to do it. I suggest following the directions. Or do what BNW said.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hey BK, ran into something recently that intrigued me, and I thought I'd ask you if you've seen it before and what your thoughts might be on it. It's a medium-chain triglyceride powder derived from palm oil, and I thought it might be a cool medium for edibles. If you mixed it in some ethanol tincture, possibly adding a little bit of powdered lecithin, it could be reduced to a manageable size, then set in a pan or food dehydrator to finish evaporating off the alcohol, and then put in virtually anything as an easy way to add some edible potency, or even put in caps for quick use. Any thoughts? Would also be a good way to make drinks without having the emulsification problems of using oil.

11. Bad kat can u please link me to your hard candy step by step recipe I can't seem to find it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #3732 BadKittySmiles, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Hey guys, hope you all had a great 4/20! It's great to see you all here helping one another, Kat has been keeping us busy while she relocates and seeks medical treatment and biopsy for her mass, and prepares to launch the next stage of the CannaPharm. Those of you who frequent GC as members and guests are some of our most important friends and peers, so feel free to contact us if you have any input, and of course if you have any questions.

We will be transferring the new recipe links created during GC's site upgrade to the website soon, and have plans to transfer the complete recipes over as well, to ensure they remain available during future site upgrades. Don't worry, Kat plans to continue updating the the GC links whenever needed, for posterity, even after transferring the complete recipes, so new viewers from the site can continue to come back here to view and join in on the discussions. :)

One Hundred and One EDIBLE REVIEWS A Review Series from Kat Smiles

"Helping patients wade through a sea of uncertainty, to find the best edible products available on the market."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without further ado...

[​IMG]

Published 4/20/2016 - www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com/One-Hundred-Edibles

" For our first week.... We're reviewing the First Place WINNER of LAST WEEK'S HIGHTIMES US CUP:

TEA POT - Calendula Guava Mango Black Tea

Spoiler alert, right upfront, it's delicious. While we were wishing for higher potency, I don't think infusion is the issue, rather our tolerance is. At just 25mg, it has an MCT oil carrier to provide added absorption and flow-ability in the tea, only a subtle oily surface was detected in the cup. We make our own teas for patients by adding measured amounts of glycerin based liposomal (*phospholipid treated and bioavailable) tincture to the individual patient's preferred tea leaves, for higher doses, to preserve the quality of the drink and blend more evenly, and prefer to use oil for maximum absorption in similarly low doses, as oil has very little effect on the mouth feel, flavor, and quality of the beverage at such a low rate especially when dispersed properly. Some teas are nearly as 'greasy' all on their own, due to excess waxes produced by the leaves... not to mention the oil present in coffee beans, and the added milk or cream, if that's your route of administration. But I digress.

[​IMG]

I'm sure at closer to 100 - 200mg, we may have experienced some noticeable change in sensation or therapeutic relief, thanks to their method of preparation, of which we approve. However, if your tolerance does happen to be in the 25mg range, or if you like the idea of drinking a few cups throughout the day and if micro dosing meets your needs, this may be a very good choice for you, just as it is.

[​IMG]

Tip - Do remove your tea bag before adding cream if that's how you take your tea. The packet suggested adding sweetener and milk to taste, but it's a good tip to remember that the acids in such flavored teas, while diluted and diffused suitably enough in the water, are often still concentrated enough in the bag itself to curdle all the milk, if left in the cup once it's added.

Make sure to watch the teaser video for a view of the tea "in action"! :p "

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCik26xSWNA

www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com/One-Hundred-Edibles

And to answer your great question GroBox, yes, we have been using ethyl alcohol and lecithin to produce rapid and slow-release water soluble cannabis concentrates, the resulting liposomal cannabinoid gels may be spray powdered dry (the tech used to create a powder from a liquid) using the patient's choice of starch, fiber, or sweetener for more rapid distribution in lower temperature water based solutions, although warmth does help to provide earlier initial smoothness in the drink. It's pretty much as simple as it sounds. The store bought MCT powders do not have much use to us as a starting medium as they need to be remelted to be infused properly then reconfigured back to a powder form, usually by increasing the volume of the powdering agents, they also often contain corn, an issue for Kat, although for patients we have used dextrose to make the gel-powder more fine. Kat developed the earliest solvent transfer methods for cannabis purposes with and even without lecithin, which is also a component used to stabilize most powdered MCT oils, so we certainly have had experience in those areas. :)

• Like Like x 7
  13. Glad to hear your doing as well as can be!

• Like Like x 2
  14. That's awesome, I had figured as much. Could you share some advice on how to make this powder? I'm assuming since you powder it yourself you infuse an MCT oil first, then add maltodextrin/lecithin to powder the mixture? I guess you vary the concentration of cannabinoids in the oil, but what are the ratios of powdering agent to oil that you use? And you mentioned spray powdering, how does that work?

I'm also curious about how you make slow-release and rapid-release, do you simply add more lecithin for a longer release time, and negate it for rapid-release?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Woah this is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I'm curious as to how you made the prosciutto cheese log. Did you blend the concentrate into the cheese?

16. I've been looking for the canna oil recipe (not hash. I'm starting with bud/trim) I know it's similar to the hash oil recipe but I think the cook time differ? Can someone point me in the direction of the canna oil one?

• Like Like x 1
  17. SMGN
    Same recipe..
    Decarb material = 240 degrees F for 40-60 min
    5 grams hash or powdered bud ( you can use as much bud as will blend with your oil )
    2.5 teaspoons coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin
    Blend and heat 220 degrees F for 20 minutes then freeze.. 2-3-4 more heat and freezes change to smoother texture and a better sleep aid.
    For ground- powdered bud it just won't be as potent.. It works out to just enough oil to work the material into a sludge when warm..
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  18. Not sure if you can see the recipe card in this pic. It says 7 grams or herb or 3 grams of hash and 1/4-1/2 cup of oil

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Taken off the first page.. She gets in the lecithin in 2 different sections and uses about 1/4 teaspoon of powder.. The liquid is not as strong so I use twice as much..
    =========================================

What you'll need:

- Minimum 5.0 grams sifted hash, or fine kief. We're using hash collected from the strain

“Devastating Train Wreck”.

- Coconut Oil, 2.5 tsp- organic and mechanically extracted are good, naturally

heat-deodorized is ok. I recommend the brands 'Now', and 'Garden of Life'.

(Remember, if a single dose turns out much too strong for you, you can dilute it
    further with extra coconut oil until you achieve the desired effect. There is no rush
    so feel free to fill one capsule, try it before filling the rest, and see if changes are
    needed. These start out strong. Some of you will require less product per-cap.)

- Pipette to fill your caps easily by hand, or of course a fancy cap-filling machine or tray.

- Empty Gelatin Capsules Can't be veg/V-caps unless you intend on using them immediately

- Optional oils, which as a patient with digestive-absorptive difficulties, I use for enhanced

mobility and absorption of cannabinoids.. a mix of heavier to lighter oils will create an

optimal and varied 'vehicle' for cannabinoids, cbd etc., however this is the perfectionist in

me, and a single, quality coconut oil source will do just fine for most folks. I use:

- Avocado - Almond - and -Castor- oils, in addition to the coconut, at an
    unmeasured rate of just a few drops each, per 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.

Just be sure they are food grade.

If you are uncertain, contact the supplier or manufacturer, or discontinue use.

- Soy Lecithin: this is where the first two recipes differ.

I made two near-exact batches to show the results side by side, one with lecithin, one

without. It's cheap, easy to find, and it absolutely enhances the effects and absorption

of cannabinoids. Further explanation below.

- Ceramic oven-safe dish

- Foil

- Empty Pill Bottles

- Desiccant sachet

- size 00 GELATIN capsules.. they must be gelatin, if you use vegetarian,

they'll disintegrate before you can use them.

But if you must use V caps, you'll have to take them almost immediately, and I'd

recommend making your hash concentrate in advance, freezing it, and defrosting what

you need, as you need it, just enough to fill a days supply of caps.

You can use larger capsules, and fill them with different ratios, but only if you can handle

swallowing pills that large; many folks have difficulties with even the 00's, although they're

your average health-food sized cap.

--------
    Preface.
    Coconut oil is a solid at temperatures below around 76-78 degrees, making it perfect for

canna capsules. When blended properly, the cannabinoids are mixed evenly through the

oil and become unable to 'eat' through the gel cap, and due to the solidity of the oil they

can be stored safely for up to several weeks at room temp. I prefer freezing mine as it

not only greatly extends their shelf life, but there are many studies and recipes that

suggest a freezing action, as a step of the process, as it enhances the molecular

break-down of the cannabinoids making them more readily available to your body.

Soy Lecithin. It's used in food processing to make less sugar appear 'sweeter', less

chocolate more 'chocolatey', and in pharmaceuticals to enhance the effectiveness of

medications, it homogenizes and safely coats, then breaks down substances, into more

fine, smaller particulates, promoting vastly improved systemic bioavailability within your

body.
    ========================
    I'd use 1/4 -1/2 cup of oil in a brownie recipe but that's far to much for making caps IMO.. I like as much hash and as little oil as I need to make a workable sludge when hot.. Cool-Cold it won't even suck up the eye dropper..
    She makes 15 size (00) caps with that 5 grams x 2.5 teaspoon ratio..
    Further in she does cover working with bud at about double the amount..
    7 grams powdered bud
    2.5 teaspoons oil
    .5 teaspoon lecithin..
    My first few batches were bud based but I quickly shook out more dry ice hash and one thing let to another..
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 4
  20. I have some product that has become extremely dry. When I tried to make hash there was just to much plant material break down. I have decarbed it and its in the freezer.
    1. Would I be best to first do an alcohol extraction or go straight to oil?
    2. I have a large quantity of lard from pastured lard. Have you use this for extractions Kat and what are your thoughts on this?
    Thanks your methods are tremendous and have helped my pain so much. Thanks