Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Badkats Cannabis Capsules - with hash oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 420mayn, Jan 19, 2016.

1. #1 420mayn, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    I live in northern europe and certainly don't have any access to that fancy dry kief. What I have is soft and sticky Moroccan hash. Could this recipe be adapted to using hash oil? Extracted using clean acetone. I have a friend that is suffering from a serious case of rheumatoid arthritis. I would like nothing more then to get him off all those Benzodiazepines pills.
    Could anyone help me figure this out?

PS. None of us are millionaires and it is strictly prohibited to grow. So please reply accordingly.

2. Your hash oil will work just fine. It should dissolve readily into the coconut oil. The hash oil is actually even better than with the kief because you don't have the plant material of the kief or hash to get in the way and that material can also cause digestive issues in some people.

If you wish to use lecithin, add it after the hash oil has dissolved. Be sure to decarb your hash oil first if possible. [​IMG]

3. #3 420mayn, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    Thank you for your answer, its very helpful.
    The way of making this seems inefficient with my hash oil extract.
    Is there any other heating method I can use? Maybe oil bath?
    Please pour all your thoughts and ideas on me. I'm aiming for a perfect result. I could spend a couple hundred bucks on equipment to try and improve the result.

The edibles culture here is completely non-existant and its time to make some changes [​IMG]

4. I have asked someone with a lot of knowledge about using hash in the BKS formula to come and help you out. I can and will if needed but the blade I've asked is very good with it and he's innovative and should be able to give you more complete instructions and ideas of equipment than I can.

I'll keep an eye on you and if no one shows, I'll provide you with my ideas. I'm no slouch, though, so don't worry. We'll get you up and running. [​IMG]

Are you able to post a picture of the Moroccan hash you'll be using? And for future reference, what is the strongest alcohol spirits that you can get?

5. Thanks a lot! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

The strongest alcohol available for purchase is Isopropanol with a purity of 99,5%.

Let me come back to you with a picture. Just need to get home from work :)

6. Great. If it's what I'm thinking of then you shouldn't need to make a hash oil out of it.

I'm more interested in drinking alcohol instead of iso but having that handy could work out, too. [​IMG]

7. #7 BrassNwood, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Having spent some time in Germany in the early 70s I'm familiar with several of the varieties of hash that we had access to and I don't imagine things have changed all that much.. I do remember that grade of soft hash and it should work just fine..
    It may take a bit of experimentation to get your oil dialed in but it shouldn't be to difficult..
    I'd start with just your hash as it comes.. Decarb is needed with any eaten grade material I do 40 to 60 minutes covered at 220 degrees Fahrenheit..
    [​IMG]
    This is about 30 grams of Dry Ice hash-kief and it's a bread dough like consistency.. I'll break it up and spread it out as best I can, cover with foil and decarb in my trusty salvaged toaster oven I set up outside to keep the wife happy..
    [​IMG]

The small stainless dishes are cat food dishes from the pet store..
    My basic oil recipe is very close to Kats..
    5 grams of decarbed hash-kief
    1 table spoon of coconut oil (14 milliliters)
    1/2 tea spoon Soy Lecithin liquid, powder, granules.. (2.4 ml) Sunflower lecithin is an acceptable substitute and can be found in capsule form
    Blend ingredients and heat covered @ 220 degrees F for 20 minutes then freeze.. I usually do 2 or 3 additional heat and freeze cycles to boost the effects
    [​IMG]
    Each dish will make roughly 30 size (0) gel caps..
    [​IMG]
    Mid heat additional stirring..
    [​IMG]
    Caps best when hot in fact I've just added a coffee mug warming pad to my bag of cap making supplies.. Eyedropper gives me the best control as well..
    ===================================
    This oil can be scary strong and care is needed when first learning the ropes of it.. Each cap holds 25 drops of hot oil so I make some 6 and 12 drop caps to have the new user gradually work up to their individual happy place..
    To much can be 4 to 6 hours of puking spinning misery much like to much alcohol is so do take care not to OD the first time out and scare them..
    Once dosed on the oil your very susceptible to any smoked cannabis.. A few tokes can send you way over the comfort line so again care is needed the first few times..
    I find 2 caps every 4 to 6 hours puts me just below where I like to be and a toke or 2 puts me exactly right.. 3 caps will have me on the edge of my chair and seeing things that aren't really there and 4 at once would have me in a heap in the corner..
    Hope that Helps..
    BNW

8. Need to sleep right away! Looks great I'm gonna read it with my wake n bake..
    Here is a picture of the hash [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. I'm enjoying that moroccan in a spliff with a red bull right now. The perfect breakfast [​IMG]

@brassNwood
    Very fascinating, indeed.
    Chances are that I'll have to order the ingredients online. One thing I know for sure is that the thrift shop has some cheap and suitable dishes.

Lets hope I find all the ingredients in the store. I hate waiting! [​IMG]

One thing is still on my mind. Why use hash instead of hash oil?

10. [​IMG] If you torch it for a few seconds then rub it between your fingers does it fluff up and expand ??
    Small dishes = Petco
    Coconut oil = supermarket
    Soy lecithin granules or liquid = Vitamin shop
    Gel caps = Vitamin shop
    Oven thermometer = Supermarket.. Many ovens are as much as 50 degrees off so it's a good tool to add to your bag of goodies..

========================
    Hash, Kief, Oil, Ground Bud should all work with this method.. I used Dry Ice hash-kief as that's the route I decided on way back being the safe, non flammable way of separating the heads from all that plant material.. While I started with just manual shaking I eventually figured a way to get it done with some electrical help..
    The Hash Master 5000..
    [​IMG]
    10 pounds of dry ice...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Takes one large 1/2 gallon jar of bud (100 grams) to recover about 15 grams of kief using this method..
    [​IMG]
    I've done a fair amount of experimenting with other oils and adjusting the amounts of lecithin or skipping it altogether..
    Coconut remains the fastest to get in your system with regular dairy butter a close second..
    Bacon fat was very tasty but slow to kick in taking almost twice as long.. Others like veg oils and Crisco left something to be desired in speed like bacon but they do work.. Coconut has the advantage of not needing any bile to break it down..
    ======================
    Lecithin.. I've got both Soy granules and liquid and prefer the liquid as it doesn't clog the eyedropper like the few un-dissolved granules can.. I've tried using the sunflower lecithin powder you can find in capsule form and it does work but I didn't feel as stoned from that batch but that could be subjective.. Leaving this out will give you an oil with only half or less of the strength and staying power as you'll get with it.. It really does make better use of less drug, food, sweetener..
    BNW

11. Yes, its the fluffy kind of hash. Sticky and crumbles easily, not very oily.

So I found soy lecithin granulates and coconut oil. I didn't find any capsules. Is there any other way to carry it down the hatch?

Planning to make a small batch from 5g of hash. Just to get the hang of it before using too much hash. So I wont store it more then a few days. Everyone here is eager to try it :)

12. If you can't find empty caps back in the day we'd just buy what was cheap and empty the caps.. Was usually something like calcium supplements..
    You can take your table spoon of finished oil and use it in most any food items just remember it's about 30 doses.. I've made brownies and silly makes some wicked peanut butter and chocolate cookie/candy contraptions that will knock your socks off
    Just add the spoon full of canna oil to the 1/2 cup of oil the brownies call for and blend it well before adding it to the flour part then bake normally..
    You can just eat the stuff.. I usually let the caps melt in my mouth anyhow just watch your dosage.. Even clean up after capping with licking the tools and the bowl clean can be to much if I'd taken caps earlier in the day..
    BNW

13. Rose hip supplement in gelatin capsules was the cheapest alternative in the store. And it cost almost $20 bucks.. no way! Gonna sleep an hour and see the supermarket has something cheaper.

I feel tempted to make an oil infused blueberry pie. With crusty dough. Nom nom nom!

14. #15 420mayn, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    The stuff I bought.

Ok, it was supposed to be a picture here.. :) will come back later and show what I've managed to make.

15. I have more questions for you [​IMG]

1. About using hash oil instead of hash. How will be end result differ if I use the following method? http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/ Decarb the oil and mix the ingredients in the oil bath. Completely eliminating the use of an oven.

2. Freezing the oil mixture, why do you do this?

16. If you want to do that extra step and make the hash oil then you can use the method described in your link. That is probably the easiest way to decarb the hash oil. Once you have done that then you would just add a little coconut oil to meet the desired potency and warm it until it dissolves. When that happens you can add your lecithin.

The heat and freeze cycles are used in the same way the article described the oil by letting it heat until all the bubbles are gone and that is to make it a more sedative nature. The heat/freeze cycle does the same thing. The more cycles you have, the more sedative, or "medicated", it becomes.

Moroccan hash is Sativa which has an uplifting effect, as you described for your wake and bake. You use the heat/freeze cycles to increase the CBN. [​IMG]

17. How much of each ingredient with X units of hash oil? I have no previous experience with making this. General guidelines appreciated!

[​IMG]

18. That's really going to be up to you to determine since you'll be the one making it. I can suggest that you start with one gram of your hash oil in 30 ml of coconut oil. Heat it until it blends but don't add your lecithin yet. Then test it out. If you want it stronger add another gram or more. Once you've determined the potency add about .25 teaspoons of your granulated lecithin per 30ml coconut oil.

Each 30ml will give you about 30 "00" capsules and since you're using hash oil, one capsule should be enough. Let us know how it works out for you and your friend. [​IMG]