Badfish's Greenery PtII

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by badfish13337, Jun 18, 2018.

?

Which seeds should I start first? Pick your top two!

Poll closed Jun 28, 2018.
  1. Critical Mass

25.0%
  2. Super Lemon Haze

100.0%
  3. Hawaiian Purple

50.0%
  4. Mama Mia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Welcome Blades!

It has been more than a few years since my last grow. I have missed it ever since I yanked my last plant. Fortunately, since my last medical grow, things in my location have changed. It is now recreationally legal here!

Since I now have the means to enjoy the benefits of growing my own again, I am back in action!

My setup is composed of a 48"x48" grow tent and three LED lights. Two are Viparspectra V600 panels, and one is a Spectrum King 140w Closet Case. The true power draw is a total of 678 watts with a claimed equivalent of 1600w. We'll see if I need to use all of the light, or if I need to remove one. As time moves on, I would like to use the 140w Closet Case for a vegetative tent.

All plants in the beginning will be grown from seed, and the genetics I have available to choose from are:
    Super Lemon Haze from Green House
    Critical Mass CBD from Dinafem
    Mama Mia from Seedsman
    Acupulco Gold x Purple Haze I bred years ago. I like to call it Hawaiian Purple.

Let me know in the comments below if you have a suggestion as to what strains I grow. I will likely be growing two plants at a time in a scrog.

Plants will be in 5 gallon fabric pots with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Once the plants are well underway, I will be feeding the ladies with Fox Farm's nutrients:
    Grow Big
    Big Bloom
    Tiger Bloom
    Open Sesame
    Cha Ching
    Beastie Bloomz

I have not run this whole regimen of nutrients before, and as I understand, they need to be used LIGHTLY, especially in the early/veg stage.

I will be posting photos of the tent soon, when the last of my genetics arrive.

Thanks for reading! I have learned a great deal from other growers like you, and hopefully I can now repay the community with more knowledge and learning.

Happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 badfish13337, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    As promised, here is a picture of the tent! Also, seeds have arrived. Cast your vote asap!
    6-18 tent.jpg

3. Ignore the messy wiring and hangers. I still haven't got them where I want them yet. I will most likely be modifying the hanging system of the Viparspectra lights. The net is just there for show at this point.

4. Just a quick update, I have started germination on the Super Lemon Haze. I'll post a Pic as soon as they start showing their cotyledon leaves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sub’d. Looking good so far man!

6. Thanks for the first sub! I'm really excited about getting back into it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Happy to have ya Canada Guy! I'll take a look at yours while we wait!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks Soil2Coco! I'll take a look! Here is a photo of my two seedlings. They are showing a taproot. I would imagine they are going to emerge from the soil within 24 hours.

seedling 2 taproot.jpg seedling taproot.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here they are. They are nice and tall due to where I had them. Now they're under the light and getting ready to show off their first sets of leaves! 20180622_222358.jpg 20180622_222356.jpg 20180622_222353.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Day 2 after emerging from soil. 5 days after germination. I love this part!

day 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Correction: that photo is 4 days after I began the germination process.

12. I'm clearly a little rusty! I overwatered my little seedlings, and have stunted new growth as a result. The initial stretch also created a tough early stage for them. I have had some drainage issues and plan to drill out some more holes in my cups. If they don't show a strong recovery in the next few days, I may start a couple new seeds. The image below is after I knocked it over watering 20180625_210317.jpg

13. Update! The seedlings are doing okay! I'm going to give them a few more days before transplanting them to their final airpots. 07-05.jpg

14. Cant wait to see how it goes you about a week ahead of my grow good luck

Smoke-A-Lot

15. Hi Sypha, welcome to my grow! Here's an update for everyone!

They are looking pretty good. Giving them a light watering every 3-4 days at this point. Will probably start introducing light nutrients every other watering in a week or so.
    Not sure why, but my camera has a tendency to make yellows look WAY more saturated. They look quite green and healthy in person.
    071518.jpg 0715182.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice.. seems like its going great.. they look happy!!

Smoke-A-Lot

17. Day 24 since they popped from soil. Looking pretty happy! I also swapped over to my Viparspectra lights in veg mode from the Spectrum King. Hopefully there isn't too much added heat.

I plan to get some light LST going before revamping my net situation. I don't like that premade bungee cord net. It just doesn't seem like it will hold them down properly and the holes are way too big.
    . 07-17-18.jpg

18. Holes look pretty big.. its like it has no stability i agree it doesnt seem like itll hold down strong enough.. unless you can pull it super tight.

Smoke-A-Lot