Badass Hero of the Week: Les Stroud

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Jul 31, 2006.

1. :hello: Les Stroud! :hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For being truely badass. This guy is awesome! Goes out, barely has supplies, lugs like 400 lbs of camera equipment by himself, like a pack-mule. Then, sets them all up, doubles or triples his work of walking back and forth over and over again. All for our morbid entertainment of watchin' some lone man facing the wild alone.

Anyway, "Suvivorman" is a kickass show! Have you seen the one where he's lost at sea? Thats my favorite for some reason. He really had to be mentally strong to beat that one. Alone at night on a tiny piece of rubbing on VAST ocean. Shit bumbing into him, testing his tiny-ass raft.

AND...he's got his own band. He can jam on that harmonica. :D

http://www.wildernessfilms.ca/les_stroud/photos.html

You're a Badass, Les Stroud!

2. I watch this guys' show all the time. It is a sweet and very interesting. I always wondered if he sometimes turns the camera off and smokes a blunt in the middle of the arctic or something badass along those lines.

3. I'm sure he has to do something. Seriously, he wouldn't be as tired if he didn't have to run back and forth all day, turning cameras setting them up, taking different shots...got to be brutal.

But, the man does know his shit. It'd be awesome if he was a hot woman. I wouldn't mind be stranded with her then. :D Builds me a house, cooks me some frog legs, and gives me a bj. Ah, now thats livin'.

4. Haha bumping this thread, to let you know a new season of survivor man starts august 10th

5. Thanks for the info. :)

Wow...Nearly a year old. This thread is. (Sounded like Yoda there.)

Yea, this time last year, I was sweating my ass off in a New Mexican desert. Getting baked with a Lakota shaman and rambling off to you guys. Good times. :)

6. haha nice, idk thought bear grylls might be more badass now

and you gave me my third green bar, nice

7. Eh...I don't know about that. He's been caught cheating on his show before. Using harnesses to climb down, "impassable" waterfalls.

Les films it all himself, totally alone and on his own.

8. Yeah the thing about Bear is that he has a camera crew, I wonder if they ever give him food or anything when there not filming. And since the camera crew follows him almost everywhere, wouldnt they be just as bad ass?

Not knocking Bear but these cameramen deserve some credit. I mean they get to eat and everything but they gotta go through some intense conditions.

9. Hell yea, I love his show too. Its great entertainment. It is. :)

I've thought that too. Bear's crew must be 10 times more badass than he is. They have to carry tons of equipment and still trek what he does. That's tough.

But, I'm sure they get better meals and sleeping arrangements, making it much more easier.

I love survival shows none-the-less, though.

10. survivor shows ftw!!

11. haha, thanks man, its been a while

cool post, shits nuts

12. He's workin on the new season of survivorman eh? They've already shot a few: in Equador, Africa, and Labrador. I can't wait to see them.

13. I just got season 1 of Survivorman. Absolutely without a doubt the best show on TV.

I also just watched his TV special "Off the Grid" on YouTube. It's awesome, him and his family buy land in the Canadian wilderness and build a house that is completely self sufficient.

He's got another film, "Snowshoes & Solitude". I can't find it anywhere online, but I might just have to order it. Him and his Wife spend one year surviving in the Canadian wilderness.

He's a musician as well.

Les Stroud, is most certainly a badass. :hello:

14. les stroud is the fuckin man. and he even does the theme song for the show. i laughed my ass off when i found out about bear a while back. i never did like him. but he has done some shit, like squeezing the liquid out of elephant turd and drinking it

15. after fear factor, that's not even all that impressive.

i don't like him cuz half the hsit he does would get the average person killed if they tried it. like sprinting....everywhere. seriosuly...the dude is constantly running it seems. runnign through the jungle, the desert, down a rocky mountain. ANd that one episode where he was floating down the river with his backpack. you could clearly tell that bastard was wearing a life vest. it just ruins it. And the time when say he's stuck up a cliff, and trying to get down and he's acting like it's all dangerous and shit. Then they cut to a shot of him, from below. So obviously a cameraman got down there somehow, can't be that difficult.

Les is real. and he shows shit that a real person could use in a survival situation. The guy's got like 15 different ways to build a fire for christs sake. all in all, i agre, les stroud is the fuckin man

16. i saw a video of the filming of an episode where bear was pretending to cross this "dangerous" like shit i dunno what the word would be so ill say hole in the ground even though thats not completely accurate. anyways he was walking all cautiously across this thing saying it was out in the middle of no where and then the camera turns to the side and theres a fuckin highway right there then it goes back to the hole thing and some camera dude just casually walks across the thing effortlessly. i laughed for hours >_<

edit- found the video
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzxsqkxHDVQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzxsqkxHDVQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>