Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad weed trip triggered anxiety

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tossop, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hey all! I hope I am in the right place posting this. Sorry for the text wall, I just wanted to seek advice for this situation I am in.

So, last weekend, I was out at a college party. I was pretty drunk, and one of the frat guys gave me a dab for my birthday. I am not sure the specifics of the dab, but apparently its really good stuff (thats what they all say though). It was a big hit. Immediately after, I was coughing up a lung and I knew I was about to have a bad trip. I ended up going back home, completely numb and panicked, vomiting up everything I had in my body. For about 5 hours, I was on the floor numb begging to go to the hospital, I thought I was going to die. Somehow, I could get to sleep, and I slept for about 2 hours and woke up body high, but I could think clearly.

That day, I was feeling very off, but I was still able to go out and hang out with my friends. I even ended up drinking again a little bit that night, and sleeping for like 4 or 5 hours. I felt pretty good. I was at my parents house that sunday, and I had a nice, normal, relaxing day.

This is where things started getting concerning.

I had to drive back to my apartment 2 hours away monday morning at 5 am. So, on sunday night, I went to bed around 10 or so in hopes I would get some good rest. I ended up waking up at 1 am, feeling dizzy and high like I was over the weekend. This scared me very much, and I had a mini anxiety attack, but I was able to get some rest. Monday was pretty normal, I was able to get through my classes feeling slightly off, and got through a good workout. Monday night I was up late on the phone, so I only slept about 5 hours. Then, on Tuesday, I tried getting some rest early again because my 9 am class. I woke up at 1 am again, convinced I was high, but then I realized I haven't smoked anything. This gave me a big anxiety attack, and I wasn't able to calm down until 230, which really didn't help my sleep schedule. Last night, I attempted to take melatonin and go to sleep, but I laid in bed fearing a potential anxiety attack until 2 am, and woke up at 9 am still feeling on edge.

I have never felt anxiety this bad, despite my background of dealing with anxiety issues. I can't get rest, but during the day I feel generally fine. I just want to feel back to normal again, free from this fear of anxiety, but I don't know what to do. Is this something that goes away with time? What should I do to make sure I get good rest? Thank you for reading.

2. Maybe dehydrated? As good a dab as there is it ain't LSD. Once it wears off that first sleep usually it's metabolized. You might be panicking just thinking on how intense it was. They probably gave you a bigger dab than you needed. Drink enough water and peeing will help detox some.

3. Your inhaling high % raw THC concentrate first off. Our brains react differently when they get flooded with that much pure thc at one time. So depending on your current mental/physical/health state and tolerance levels anything can happen. You can have a "bad high" like you had for sure. One of the resaon's I keep my tolerance as low as possible (still a one hit wonder) but that's just me I realize but the day I go from bud to shatter is the day I quit. Cut your consumption and tolerance back or it will only get worse. Bad weed didn't trigger it your own body's reaction to pure THC did.