Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad trips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by marijuanauser, Dec 22, 2009.

1. It took about 5 bad trips for me to understand not just know that marijuana is a powerful drug, it may be a soft drug, but its still powerful.

I remember when I had bad trips, all I could hear is my heartbeat and thought bad thoughts, like oh shit Im gonna die! and stuff like that, I thought I died once in one of my trips and was so happy for life when I woke up and had the biggest smile on my face I ever had.

Anyone have a bad trip recently or just ever? lets hear it!

2. Marijuana is not a powerful drug.

You can't have a bad trip on marijuana because you don't trip on marijuana.

Go take some LSD or Psilocybin mushrooms and come back here and tell me that marijuana is a powerful drug.

3. you cant trip on weed......take 7 stamps and then you will trip ;p

4. OP is the worst kind of rookie: the kind that is completely oblivious to the fact that's he a rookie.

5. #5 Ashesinyomouth, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
    Errrmmm... I had a bad trip on shrooms once.... But that was because I was alone and took 4.5 grams at once......... But really? A "bad trip" on weed? First off that's called a panic attack, and secondly go do a psychedellic and see what tripping really is..

6. Only bad trip I had while smoking weed was unlike any weed experience I've ever had and I swore up and down to the guy that the shit we smoked was laced but he said it wasn't and said he felt fine... Like we smoked half a blunt before I couldn't take it anymore. After I stopped smoking, I was sitting in this dude's car for like 7 minutes and I COULD NOT SEE SHIT. Like I was literally blind. I'm sitting there trying not to panic. I kept telling my friends I think I'm dying and they were just cracking up but I was seriously worried. I just sat there and eventually my vision slowly came back. I was so drowsy and sleepy but I had to go to class so i went. My teacher noticed I was looking a little weird... basically I got kicked out of school. Fucking shitty day that was...

7. Whenever someone talks about having a "bad trip" on weed, I lose all respect (or any potential for respect) for that person.

Just be glad name-calling is against the rules...

8. Wow, well we could get technical on a word for trip, but does it really matter what I call it tripping, rolling, stoned, drunk? I mean as Shakespeare said

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

So yeah, I'll call stoned intoxicated, or being high outside my house public intoxication, some of what people say hear is all regional names, does it matter what I call or anyone else call it? I'm asking a question on if you had a bad time on weed, I did, I just want to know others.

9. im tired of people labeling their negative marijuana experience as "trips" !st off, marijuana is a minor hallucinogen, but that being said... you don't trip from weed PERIOD. When you have a negative experience from weed, you just got uncomfortably high, you ARENT TRIPPING.

10. but you wouldn't smoke a blunt and say you're drunk would you?

yeah... this thread should end with this post

11. #11 garrison68, Dec 22, 2009
    Tripping from weed? No fucking way.

A "trip" refers to taking strong psychedelic drugs, not marijuana. Even a small dose of good LSD, which is much more intense than the best weed, hash, etc., may not be a real trip - close but no cigar.

If you had trouble on some weed, you could call it a "bad head", "lousy high", etc.

Some people in hash producing countries smoke about an ounce of great hash in one sitting, which may be close to tripping, but that's very difficult to do, not to mention expensive.

12. Yes, it absolutely does matter. Stop trying to hide behind semantics.

13. thats because you were acting all paranoid, thats when you need to calm the fuck down,
    take a breather.

14. well at least now I know people don't like the term "tripping" with weed, I'll call it bad session or something. But I mean you guys don't need to get all bitchy (pardon my French) and just say. "we don't use the term tripping, we say (insert here). It would really lighten the place up.

15. #15 tharedhead, Dec 22, 2009

Have you checked your blood sugar during one of these events? Some people with hypoglycemia may experience negative events with cannabis consumption (if they have not eaten enough that day-eating properly and staying hydrated is essential to any positive drug experience). Are you on any oral medication for diabetes?

16. i smoke weed like its my job and i have yet to "trip" once

17. I have been smoking for years and never had a "bad trip". I've never had a "good trip" either, or a "trip" at all on buds.

Once I took a quarter of some bomb ass shrooms, now THAT is a trip.