Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad Trips

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jackhererwasright, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ive never taken anything psychedelic before, but im thinking of starting off on some weak salvia possibly. im pretty excited, since its hard to visit alternate realities sober, but anyways, have yall ever gotten like messed for a long time after a bad trip or something like that? like traumatize u or some shit? plz tell me about ur bad trips and theyre effects:confused:

2. Well i did salvia before shrooms, and i felt like it prepared me more for them. Salvia its weird, its like the plant takes control of body, you will giggle alot at first. You just gotta remember when doing it, its just salvia it will be over in 10-15 mins

3. just forget that bad trips exist. theres no such thing if you dont allow it. I would start off with acid at first; it really is the best hallucinogenic; shrooms for beginner trippers are insanely emotional and difficult to control. acid is smooth as eggs, and you can tell your mind what to do. i've been tripping for years, and acid is the most famous and stereotypical because its just the best.

4. #4 ideal, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
    errrr ... yes? ... lol, one sec ima try and find my old posts ... kinda busy with the kid, but definatly have some good info for you

Update: okay I couldnt find my very old post, but anyways, salvia is a shitty trip if you ask me, it reminds me too much of people sniffing gas ... I would go with acid, cause mushrooms leave perm effects, I can get the wiki proof if somebody dudnt believe me , but yeah it basically leaves you perm traumatized if you do it too many times ... even acid however can fry you the wrong way, its a hellofa fun, but you may have to pay the piper :D I hate to be the one who sounds like an adult, but my cuzins do coke, crack, and mushies all the time, now their nowhere near dead, and their still functioning fairly norm, howver their def fked you can see it in their eyes, their feanding, and their skin ... it is a road that doesnt lead anywhere good, i would just stick with green magical fruity buds :D

in the end it is just not worth it, and maybe i have done it with too many bad people, but I find hardcore drugs allways have me wishing I never did them in the middle of the trip ...

5. Well, I certainly wouldn't think that Wikipedia is "proof" of anything, but that's besides the point. Mushrooms, like most any drug, can leave "permanent effects." The operative word is "can." Flashbacks and similar things can occur, but they are very, very rare. The fact is, if taken in a safe environment with someone sober to watch you, they're very safe.

6. "weak salvia" - lol

i dont know how it is for everyone else, i mean every is different. but for me with salvia i either trip or i dont. the whole laughing and "feeling not sober" thing is not tripping. when you trip, you'll know it. or actually you wont, you wont know/understand/remember anything.
    and salvia is completely different from all psychedelics. you dont get visuals as in "distorted reality", you get visuals as in "a completely new reality that will either scare the shit out of you or you will enjoy it greatly" gotta have the right mindset with salvia.
    first time i did it, i tripped slightly, i didnt see anything infront of me but i stayed on this planet. second time i did it i said fuck it this time im having a real trip. i didnt have the right mindset and it wasnt a good day in general, so it wasnt a good day to trip at all... my trip was CRAZY. it was amazing and awesome but it scared me real real real real bad. a complete mindfuck. after that i havent had a bad trip yet. some weird ones, some "cant really say if its good or bad" but it didnt scare me as much as the 2nd time yet. so there ya go.
    also, its really nice to smoke it after you blaze. i mean wait for the high to be cloesr tot he end, so your burning out a bit so your tired and calm and comfortable. but still a little bit high. THEN smoke your salvia. it really takes off the edge, you will emjoy yourself probably.

edit: fuck thats a lot of typing...drunk rant.. not as bad as a stoned one but still eh

7. I believe its a matter of opinion, but safe injection sites dont make herion very safe , it just prevents you from contracting aids, the negative side effects of the drug dont magicaly go away cause ur friend arthur 'mcknowitall says it is safe

doing anything has a equal reaction, even smoking pot, is afterall smoking, its not the worst thing you could do, and weed has many medical miracle solutions to many problems, but its not helping your lungs, its not like its infusing into you like minerals or something ...

go ahead keep munching on mushies, but you could end up like me, and keep seeing the floor "breath" if you look at it for longer then 5 seconds, its freaky, this like like 3 years + sober from mushies/e/coke, ect ...

8. This is all well and good, and as I stated, there is some "risk" to mushroom use. I'm well aware of hppd, and it IS certainly a risk of mushrooms or any hallucinogen. It's just that it is exceedingly rare. Sort of like getting killed is a risk of driving a car. When the risk is small enough, we can elect to take the risk and recognize that it is there. But we don't run through the streets screaming for people not to drive a car because of what "might" have a chance of happening.

HPPD is a small, minor risk. Even the wiki gods state: "The cause(s) of HPPD are not yet not known. It is very clear that most hallucinogen users do not develop HPPD."

9. Wrong forum section. Seasoned tokers is for marijuana discussion.

10. I've never had a bad trip on anything (LSD,shrooms,lsa and so on..) and I think its bc the "bad trip" is not what most people think it is. You can have rough times during any trip..its just how you handle it. Theres no reason to freak out

11. my one mushroom trip was enough to deter me from ever doing it again. It's been over a year since I took them and I still get these odd 5-10 seconds flashes once in a while where I observe myself or what I am doing from a 3rd person point of view and realize how worthless everything seems. It is a very unsettling feeling and it makes me quite depressed sometimes when it occurs.

That being said, not everything about shrooming was bad. Some good times/different points of view on life came as a result of them.

12. I don't like salvia much, I'd much rather have some 'cid or shrooms possibly.

BTW this is seasoned tokers, why did you put this here? It's not seasoned tokers of salvia.. go to pandora's box.

13. I've never heard of a bad salvia trip. It's a very benign plant.

14. oh trust me, my ex girlfriends mom had a bad trip she was shaking her head back and forth looking like she was possessed by the devil than she stop real quick and just stared at me in the eye. It was by far the creepiest thing ive experienced.

15. But was it bad for her, or just freaky to watch? ;)

16. i see what yours saying cause we never know what she was actually doing. But she said it was a bad trip but she also went into it thinking she was gonna have one. But to think of it that I smoked it with her parents (and btw it was her dads) just because we got bored cause the power went out is awesome.

17. Quoted for truth man, acid, shrrooms, DXM, and salvia have fucked with me pretty hardcore. I have had a couple bad trips on acid where i thought my entire life was ruined and it was honestly the worst feeling ive ever had. But it has also led me to have the most intense and amazing trips that make me glad i tried it. But being in a comfortable enviornment would probably be essential for tripping.
    And whenever i look at the road with cracks and speckles all over it, or even the wood floor in a house, that shit will be moving and "breathing". It's kinda fucked up...

18. i was candy flippin and for like fiteen minutes at the peak of my trip i was convinced that i was gunna be stuck trippin as hard as i was for the rest of my life and i was so scared but when i kame to grips with that idea it went away so just accept wats happening dont fight ne of it kuse it will end soon enuff
    but im not traumatized but im a little scared to fry again kuse it was the most intensely crazy experience of my life but im startin to feel the need for a good fry soon so just make sure ur in the right mindstate when u do any hallucenegenic and dont fight ur trip go with it

19. i've had just about every sort of backwards ass insecurities in my face type bad trips on both mushrooms and lsd, and to be honest i feel i'm a lot healthier having worked things out within myself.

nowadays i can have a blast lol :hippie: