Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad trips.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by joshy485, May 30, 2008.

1. Ive been somking weed for a while now but i've never gotten a bad trip..until yesterday, when i had a cold. It was the worst thing Ive ever experienced, and I seriosley felt like I was in hell! It was the weirdest thing ever, with all these goofy sounds and panicky thoughts goin through my head. It felt like the blood vessels in my eyes were popping, it was hard to breathe I was sweating like crazy!! Have any of you had such a bad trip?

2. You don't "trip" off weed. You get high, and thats all you did, get high:rolleyes:

3. I don't think you can have a bad trip off of weed like you can off of something like say shrooms or acid. What you had sounds like a panic attack, and yes weed can trigger these in some people.

I've never had any seriously bad experiences with weed but I have noticed that if you smoke more than you can handle in a short time frame, it is easy to freak yourself out and things can get a bit uncomfortable. Like...you'll notice your heart beating fast, and then be like 'oh shit, is it going too fast? is something wrong?' Weed amplifies your emotions and for some people it can trigger episodes of panic like this.

I've never had a straight-up panic attack but I've definitely gone overboard sometimes. It sucks, but try to convince yourself there's nothing wrong and you'll be fine in 10-20 minutes when you're a bit less high. Experience helps too...I have been smoking on and off for a few years now and haven't had any issues like this since I was a fledgling.

4. Agreeed.

Agreeeeed.

5. I'ev smoked up with a cold before, for me it just made me more comfortable and I forgot about being sick. The panicky thoughts probably started for you because you were worried about smoking up with a cold or something. I've had the hard to breathe feeling, as well. You're probably breathing fine and it just seems like you couldn't, because the weed made you super aware of your stuffy nose, and if not, its because you panicked. You were fine: D

6. i agree with what the guys said, it's most likely an anexiety attack of some sort. I've had it were i'd feel real uncomfortable because of the surroundings (someone annoying was chillin with us) but nothing major

7. if you start freakin out, just remember, and tell your self, it is just weed, for the most part you just tripped your self out, and thats the reason you feel like that

8. yeah im saying panic attack

9. You can't have a "bad trip" off of marijuana. You may get sketched out, tho. Now if you wanna talk about gettin bad vibes from mushies or lsd, that's another story.

10. I smoked this phillie (i prefer dutch masters personally) with my friend once, and there was alot of bud in it. this was my first blunt and i'd only been high once. i had maybe 3 hits and just felt sick but i kept going anyway. about an hour later i was just feeling bad and I ended up throwing up 9 times, and i was sweating like crazy and hallucinating a little.

11. i wish i still got that blazed...

when i first started smoking i was in another world...