Bad trip... on WEED!?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShroomHeadMario, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Yeah, it wasn't laced. Let's just say... I cultivate. LMAO. I smoked an entire blunt of some reggie. If any are familiar with weed, that's the cheap **** you get from your old grand pappy. I've been smoking for years. This is why I don't get it. It seemed like one of the best highs I've ever had. I don't know if it was because I hadn't eaten that day, it was kind of late. But it hit me like a truck. Everything just went white. And all I could hear was the sounds around me, which didn't sound like birds chirping. It sounded like a string of vibrations. This was no problem. At this point, I was just thinking, "Ok, I'm really ******* stoned. No problem." LOL. But I went inside, went on my computer, and for whatever reason, I went to yahoo's homepage, and seen this article about how someone said that they can't have fun anymore. Like, when they see someone having fun, they think they're just pretending. I don't know why, but this scared me half to death. I got so scared. lol. SO, my question is, why would weed do this to me, considering how tolerant I thought I was of it?

Another thing I have, which is why I think I get paranoid if I get too high, is that my perception of the world around me changes when high. Like, I listen to a song I've heard a thousand times, but there will be a different pattern to it and it sounds so different. I look at things, and they look different. I asked my brother about this, who is a typical pothead. He smokes WAY MORE than I do, and he laughed at me and said "What the hell? That never happends to me". And we're talking about a dude who could win a bong hitting contest, he smokes so much in one session. I know the cliche "Everyone reacts differently"... But I just don't see this happening to anyone else. Am I just special? Everyone seems like they can always enjoy a high. Rarely do I not regret toking. I smoke too much in one session, and I can't really enjoy what's around me.

2. Stop smoking Mexican weed

3. Figured I'd get a smartass.

4. #4 spokamsterdam, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I smoke super kill all day and one of the craziest highs I got was from smokin a whole blunt of reggie to myself when I didn't have kill. I assumed that the whole blunt would get me as baked as a few kill bowls but it fucked me much more than that. I was hearing shit an couldn't stop laughing about nothing and my eyes burnt and yea haha I was fuckin gone. That day I realized reggie can even be super fun. A whole blunt of kill will make me jus feel tired and heavy but the whole blunt of reggie makes me feel like a kid again. As far as weed changing everything around you thy is the same for me. I feel as if every strain gives me a different feeling towards things. I can watch the same show, same episode, one day on blue dream just watch and be interested, next smoke afghan kush and its the most creative hilarious show of all time haha. I also am impatient and overopinionated when I don't smoke

5. It's called you have no tolerance to that shit... so of course it will affect you a lot more. This happens to everyone. If you didn't smoke "super kill" for a month or two and came back to it you would probably be blown away with the results.

6. Sorry guys, but what's "Super kill"? Sorry. Where I'm from, we only smoke what we can get our hands on. We're not picky. lol

7. Hahahaha... on WEED!?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1rdlkF5udM]‪Half Baked Scene - Enhancement Smoker Jon Stewart‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. Yeah dude don't worry same happened to me. I get psychotic you might say, like I think everyone around me knows I'm and I think they're judging me or that they're trying to fuck with me but I just chill listen to some tunes and maybe play some video games, works everytime.

9. ive greened out before, vaped a shitload in my basement, i started getting really dizzy, i call them spin thoughts. because if you close your eyes and think your mind starts to spin, and then get dizzy, and happy thoughts spin out of control and when you snap out of it your physically dizzy because of what your head is going through. it leads you to puking. ive had similar experiences with synthetic cannabinoids but those things are shit.

10. Exact same thing happened to me. On my birthday I faced a blunt of mids and I was so ripped. I've never been close to that high on weed and It wasn't exactly enjoyable. It happens, just forget about it and keep on smoking.

11. you were just paranoid and had a bad high...you can't trip on weed.

12. Although most good weed reflects it's potency in it's looks, it's a myth to say that all bad looking seedy weed is dirt and shouldn't be smoked, some of the strongest weed I smoked was some Thai stuff that looked like a horse shat it out.

The thing about Mexican weed is it's mostly outdoor Sativas, with high levels of THC. So if your weed is good quality, whether it looks like dank or brick - there'll be a lot of THC in there, and THC is a dissociative hallucinogen - you can have out of body experiences, ego death, and all sorts on a high dose of THC. It's this potential that often makes people think they have laced weed. The fact is, THC is a hallucinogen, however you need a very high percentage of it and you need to smoke a lot before you notice anything beyond a trippy head-based high.

I have had dissociation from weed comparable to an ego-loss dose of other dissociatives which we can't discuss here, but only the once, when I smoked a very strong homegrown Sativa with virtually no tolerance (it was my 4th time ever smoking)

Edit: As for why you got more high from regs. It was one of two things, either the regs looked bad but were strong quality weed (Looks can be deceiving as I said) - or you're used to smoking Indica, and this was pure Sativa.

13. Ah, thanks, man. Nice and thorough explanation. It just upsets me, because when I first started smoking, it was amazing. It was something I looked forward to, but now, it's coupled with having severe paranoia. It also makes pain worst, if I'm having some type of pain. I remember I had an aching back, and it made it so much more painful when stoned. I just think I over do it. Maybe moderation is my key.

I remember back in November of last year, I had a terrifying exprience with weed. I smoked half a blunt of hydro. And holy fuck, did I get fucked up. I was wiggin' out bad! I thought I was in another demension, and I looked at myself in the mirror, and I got terrfied, and couldn't tell what I was. It's like I was another life form. A fucking alien. haha. It was scary as all hell. I think that's when weed was never the same for me there on in.

14. For pain relief look to Indica type strains, they're less paranoid too, so seems like that's really your problem. You probably started getting Sativa strains for whatever reason and lost the pain-relief and gained huge bouts of paranoia/anxiety.

Easy enough fix I'd say :)

15. good on ya.
    i love getting baked as a bitch

16. Is that what it's called? Is it that feeling where everything just turns to darkness and it feels like you're trapped in a dream for what seems like an eternity? Is it that feeling of everything and nothing at the same time? I've had a bad "trip" like that.

After about 2 months of wondering what the hell happened, I remembered learning about ego death so i googled it. It's usually stuff that only happens with stronger psychedelics so I googled "ego death cannabis". I read a story on another forum that was so similar to mine. So I guess it does happen if the conditions are right (low tolerance, strong weed). What's the difference between ego death and dissociation though?

17. I've tripped out on weed before, I took my very first bong at my friend's flat, he kept telling me to take it, and it was really creamy, and i took it all, and he told me to hold it in, so I did, 5 minutes later I leant against his counter, went white, and went to the toilet to throw up. When I got back out, I lay down on the sofa, and stared at a blank white wall, and could see colours and everything...shapes, lines, numbers, letters...fuck me, it was scary, the only thing I thought I could try and do was go to sleep, as i really didn't like it. I woke up, and I remember my friends telling me what happened...jeez that was scary...

18. How the thread name was made,it reminded me of the "creative enhancer smoker" off of half baked.

"you ever watched the scent of a woman..ON WEED?!"

19. Everything you explained is normal weed is technically a low level psychedelic so that maybe why you see things differently when your high..as for the yahoo thing I think you just had a moment of doubt when you read what you read..but since you were high that doubt blew up into full blown fear